Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX Openserver ver 5.0 freeing up space. Post 302835849 by rukshan4u2c on Tuesday 23rd of July 2013 05:14:28 AM
Old 07-23-2013
Question UNIX Openserver ver 5.0 freeing up space.

SmilieHi all,

Please advice me is it safer to use the following command to free up (truncate) space in HDD.

1) > /usr/adm/messages
2) > /usr/adm/sulog
3) > /usr/adm/ctlog
4) > /tmp
5) > /usr/adm/sa
6) > /var/spool

Thanks in advance

Rukshan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting a remote filesystem under SCO Unix ver 5.0.5

Can anyone help me? I have 2 servers on the same LAN, one as a live server and one as a backup server, both running SCO OpenServer Enterprise. I need to mount the /u filesystem of the backup server as a directory on the live server, so that if I use the df -v command I can see it as an additional... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darkestafrica
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Installation Problem in Unix Openserver

I have certain problems while Installing UNIX OPENSERVER.Could anyone solve that if I provide that problem. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajraius
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sco Unix OpenServer Release 3.0

hi everybody I have got a set of sco unix open server release 3.0 flopyy disks series N1, N2, M1, P1...P43, Release notes.. ý did a fresh installation. but ý cant install ethernet card. when ý use netconfig-ad a chain -tcpip... there is a messge : the sco contain TCP/IP driver. and ý... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaygusuz
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

X25 on Tru UNIX ver 5

How do i set up X25 protocol on version 5 of Tru Unix (Compaq). I have manged to do it using version 4. What are the major differences.:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samudimu
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Openserver 5.0

I'm compiling an application using gcc 2.95.2 and I have strong suspicions that this compiler has a bug that produces my app to abort with a coredump. So I would like to upgrade my compiler but I still couldn't find any other version of the gcc compiler that runs on my Unix Openserver 5.0. Do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Edus001
0 Replies

6. Programming

C - Freeing resources

I was wondering what is the function in C to free a resource(usually a variable) I know in C# there a Garbage collector, but in c and C++ there are none. I believe in c++ the function is free(); (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: james2432
8 Replies

7. SCO

Subverison in Sco unix openserver 5.0.7

Hi everybody I'm going to install svn client in sco unix openserver 5.0.7 where should I start ? I have no Idea what to do ? tnx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
3 Replies

8. SCO

ESATA on SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7

Has anyone here used eSATA drives on SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7? SCSI host adapters and drives are getting harder to find, so I'm thinking about eventually switching to eSATA, but only, of course, if they will work with OpenServer. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Transpower
2 Replies

9. SCO

USB Printing for SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7

Years ago I set up USB printing for SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7 for a client--but I've misplaced my notes on how to do this! Maintenance Pack 5 is installed. I need step-by-step instructions to proceed. I've searched the SCO Knowledge Base site and found nothing there or elsewhere on the Web. (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. SCO

Any Other Browser for SCO UNIX OpenServer?

Obviously, the client browsers which came with SCO UNIX OpenServer, Netscape and Mozilla, are horribly outdated now. Does anyone know of a relatively current browser which will work in their place? (2 Replies)
2 Replies
strclean(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      strclean(1M)

NAME
strclean - STREAMS error logger cleanup program SYNOPSIS
strclean [-a age] [-d logdir] DESCRIPTION
strclean is used to clean up the STREAMS error logger directory on a regular basis (for example, by using cron. By default, all files with names matching error.* in /var/adm/streams that have not been modified in the last three days are removed. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a age The maximum age in days for a log file can be changed using the -a option. -d logdir A directory other than /var/adm/streams can be specified using the -d option. EXAMPLES
Example 1 A sample of using the strclean command. This example has the same result as running strclean with no arguments: example% strclean -d /var/adm/streams -a 3 FILES
/var/adm/streams/error.* ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cron(1M), strerr(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
strclean is typically run from cron on a daily or weekly basis. SunOS 5.11 14 Sep 1992 strclean(1M)