Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Filter file by length, looking only at lines that don't begin with ">" Post 302835697 by pathunkathunk on Tuesday 23rd of July 2013 12:23:17 AM
Old 07-23-2013
That does the trick, thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Plz. don't ignore this mail "Installing Tomcat 4.1.24.zip on Sco Openserver 5.0.2"

Hi Guys, I want ur replies very very Urgently.Plz. don't ignore this mail. I am using Sco openserver 5.0.2 and i have downloaded jdk1.2.2 for that i have installed it.The jdk is working fine. Then i download jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24.zip and i have installed it. In order... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ananthu_m
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to skip lines which don't begin with a number

Hi, I have a file: file.txt 1 word 2 word word word 3 word 4 word and I would like to create a set: set number = `cut -d" " -f1 ${1}` #${1} is the text file but it should only contain the lines which begin with numbers, and another set which contains the lines which begin with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl file, one line code include "length, rindex, substr", slow

Hi Everyone, # cat a.txt a;b;c;64O a;b;c;d;ee;f # cat a.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; my $tmp3 = ",,a,,b,,c,,d,,e,,f,,"; open(my $FA, "a.txt") or die "$!"; while(<$FA>) { chomp; my @tmp=split(/\;/, $_); if ( ($tmp =~ m/^(64O)/i) || ($tmp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - difference between -F"," and BEGIN{FS=","}

in awk, what is the difference between: -F"," and BEGIN{FS=","} (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines with "A" then change "E" to "X" same line

I have a bunch of random character lines like ABCEDFG. I want to find all lines with "A" and then change any "E" to "X" in the same line. ALL lines with "A" will have an "X" somewhere in it. I have tried sed awk and vi editor. I get close, not quite there. I know someone has already solved this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightwatchrenba
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep : Filter/Move All The Lines Containing Not More Than One "X" Character Into A Text File

Hi All It's me again with another huge txt files. :confused: What I have: - I have 33 huge txt files in a folder. - I have thousands of line in this txt file which contain many the letter "x" in them. - Some of them have more than one "x" character in the line. What I want to achieve:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter all the lines with minimum specified length of words of a text file

Hi Can someone tell me which script will work best (in terms of speed and simplicity to write and run) for a large text file to filter all the lines with a minimum specified length of words ? A sample script with be definitely of great help !!! Thanks in advance. :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
curs_scroll(3CURSES)					     Curses Library Functions					      curs_scroll(3CURSES)

NAME
curs_scroll, scroll, scrl, wscrl - scroll a curses window SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lcurses [ library ... ] #include <curses.h> int scroll(WINDOW *win); int scrl(int n); int wscrl(WINDOW *win, int n); DESCRIPTION
With the scroll() routine, the window is scrolled up one line. This involves moving the lines in the window data structure. As an optimiza- tion, if the scrolling region of the window is the entire screen, the physical screen is scrolled at the same time. With the scrl() and wscrl() routines, for positive n scroll the window up n lines (line i+n becomes i); otherwise scroll the window down n lines. This involves moving the lines in the window character image structure. The current cursor position is not changed. For these functions to work, scrolling must be enabled via scrollok(). RETURN VALUES
All routines return the integer ERR upon failure and an integer value other than ERR upon successful completion. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
curs_outopts(3CURSES), curses(3CURSES), attributes(5) NOTES
The header <curses.h> automatically includes the headers <stdio.h> and <unctrl.h>. Note that scrl() and scroll() may be macros. SunOS 5.11 31 Dec 1996 curs_scroll(3CURSES)