Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ~c carbon copy in HP-UX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ~c carbon copy in HP-UX Post 302835683 by rajamadhavan on Tuesday 23rd of July 2013 12:01:59 AM
Old 07-23-2013
I dont have HP-UX, so cannot try out myself

Try this first,

Code:
(echo ~c $(cat $mail_body/cc_maillist)
cat $mail_body/temp_body)| mailx -s "Hi - This is mail subject" $(cat $mail_body/to_maillist)

if that doesnt work, try

Code:
(cat $mail_body/cc_maillist | tr " " "\n" | sed -e 's/^/\~c /g'
cat $mail_body/temp_body)| mailx -s "Hi - This is mail subject" $(cat $mail_body/to_maillist)

if both doesnt work, then better switch to sendmail.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carbon Copy to exchange user

Hello, I am trying to send a message to few users on an exchange server. I would like to put few of them as CC. When I send it to myself and CC another user, I receive the e-mail and see the other e-mail address under CC but he doesn't receive the e-mail at all. Any ideas ? I am using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mclevy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with Carbon copy (CC) option in mailx command

Hi, I have problems with the cc option in mailx command. Just went through some of the similar threads but none provides a satisfactory explanation. I have a script using the mailx command in the following way: (echo `cat mailsub.txt` ; uuencode attachment.csv attachment.csv) | mailx -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmithaN
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Carbon copy for a mail in mailx command

Hi, Can you please anyone say how to send a mail with carbon copy using the mailx command. i.e the recipient list should be in CC while the mail reaches them. I need the option mailx command Thanks in advance. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltony
11 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

system() in carbon & FTP

Hey, I'm trying to establish a connection to FTP in carbon using the system() function, but I'm not sure how to supply my FTP password in the same command. For example, I have: system("ftp myusername@mydomain.net"); It then obviously prompts for the password, so I tried this (below)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lectersmeal
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Carbon copy using mailx command in HP-UX

Can anyone give me the code to carbon copy a mail using mailx command in HP-UX. I want to put the code in shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
3 Replies
Msgcat(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       Msgcat(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Msgcat - Perl extension for blah blah blah SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Msgcat; $cat = new Locale::Msgcat; $rc = $cat->catopen(name, oflag); $msg = $cat->catgets(set_number, message_number, string); $rc = $cat->catclose(); DESCRIPTION
The Locale::Msgcat module allows access to the message catalog functions which are available on some systems. A new Locale::Msgcat object must first be created for each catalog which has to be open at a given time. The catopen operation opens the catalog whose name is given as argument. The oflag can be either 0 or NL_CAT_LOCALE (usually 1) which is the recommended value. The catgets message retrieves message_number for the set_number message set, and if not found returns string. The catclose function should be used when access to a catalog is not needed anymore. EXAMPLES
use Locale::Msgcat; $cat = new Locale::Msgcat; unless ($cat->catopen("whois.cat", 1)) { print STDERR "Can't open whois catalog. "; exit(1); } printf "First message, first set : %s ", $cat->catgets(1, 1, "not found"); unless ($cat->catclose()) { print STDERR "Can't close whois catalog. "; exit(1); } The above example would print the first message from the first message set found in the whois catalog, or if not found it would print "not found". AUTHOR
Christophe Wolfhugel, wolf@pasteur.fr SEE ALSO
catopen(3), catclose(3), catgets(3), perl(1). perl v5.14.2 1999-11-15 Msgcat(3pm)