Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RPM package, conditional adding files in "%files" section Post 302834961 by ddreggors on Sunday 21st of July 2013 01:58:53 AM
Old 07-21-2013
You are looking for conditionals in the spec file:

10.6.2. Using conditional blocks

You may have to define some macros depending on what you need but reading the docs on conditionals and also defining macros in the spec file is a good place to start. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix commands delete all files starting with "X" except "X" itself. HELP!!!!?

im a new student in programming and im stuck on this question so please please HELP ME. thanks. the question is this: enter a command to delete all files that have filenames starting with labtest, except labtest itself (delete all files startign with 'labtest' followed by one or more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soccerball
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than "x" if directory size is greater than "y"

I wrote a script to delete files which are older than "x" days, if the size of the directory is greater than "y" #!/bin/bash du -hs $1 while read SIZE ENTRY do if ; then find $1 -mtime +$2 -exec rm -f {} \; echo "Files older than $2 days deleted" else echo "free Space available"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesCarter
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Join" or "Merge" more than 2 files into single output based on common key (column)

Hi All, I have working (Perl) code to combine 2 input files into a single output file using the join function that works to a point, but has the following limitations: 1. I am restrained to 2 input files only. 2. Only the "matched" fields are written out to the "matched" output file and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katabatic
1 Replies

4. AIX

mkinstallp package creation failing "no such file: ./usr/lpp/<package name>/inst_root"

Hello, I'm trying to build a (bff) package from an already installed program (clam antivirus) using mkinstallp. However, mkinstallp fails with "no such file: ./usr/lpp/<package name>/inst_root" I'm not sure why all files get created ok except for these particular ones. Any help would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonte
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

files having Script which works behind "who" & "w" commands

Dear All, plz print the path of files which have the script of "who" & "w" commands. thnx in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

Difference between %install and %files section in rpm building ?

Hello, I am just a newbie and have very recently started building rpms, i build a very simple rpm that packaged 3 files and everything worked very smoothly. However to be very honest i am not very much clear with what is the difference between %install and %files section. I mean like we... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
0 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Suggestion: adding two new groups "sed" and "awk"

Majority of the questions are pertaining file/string parsing w.r.t sed or awk It would be nice to have these two as their own sub category under shell-programming-scripting which can avoid lot of duplicate posts. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jville
1 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

"Locate" Shows Files but Not "LS" in Terminal

OS-X 10.8.4 Using locate I get these results: 10:~ mize$ locate /Users/mize/*.sh /Users/mize/Zend/workspaces/DefaultWorkspace/SLM/vendor/ZF2/bin/check-cs.sh /Users/mize/copy_ascii_upload.sh /Users/mize/copy_ascii_upload_to_server.sh /Users/mize/copy_form_functions_php_to_jpl.sh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary Mize
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all log files older than 10 day and whose first string of the first line is "MSH" or "<?xml"

Dear Ladies & Gents, I have a requirement to delete all the log files in /var/log/test directory that are older than 10 days and their first line begin with "MSH" or "<?xml" or "FHS". I've put together the following BASH script, but it's erroring out: for filename in $(find /var/log/test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files in sub dir with tag & add "." at the beginning [tag -f "Note" . | xargs -0 {} mv {} .{}]

I am trying find files in sub dir with certain tags using tag command, and add the period to the beginning. I can't use chflags hidden {} cause it doesn't add period to the beginning of the string for web purpose. So far with my knowledge, I only know mdfind or tag can be used to search files with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
6 Replies
TAP2RPM(1)																TAP2RPM(1)

NAME
tap2rpm - create RPM packages which wrap .tap files SYNOPSIS
tap2rpm [options] DESCRIPTION
Create a set of RPM/SRPM packages in the current directory -t, --tapfile <tapfile> Build the application around the given .tap (default twistd.tap) -y, --type <type> The configuration has the given type . Allowable types are tap, source, xml and python. The first three types are mktap output for- mats, while the last one is a manual building of application (see twistd(1), the -y option). -p, --protocol <protocol> The name of the protocol this will be used to serve. This is intended as a part of the description. Default is the name of the tap- file, minus any extensions. -d, --rpmfile <rpmfile> The name of the RPM package. Default is 'twisted-'+protocol. -V, --set-version <version> The version of the RPM package. The default is 1.0 -e, --description <description> The one-line description. Default is uninteresting. -l, --long_description <long_description> A multi-line description. Default is explanation about this being an automatic package created from tap2rpm. -m, --maintainer <maintainer> The maintainer, as "Name Lastname <email address>". This will go in the meta-files. --version Output version information and exit. AUTHOR
tap2rpm was written by Sean Reifschneider based on tap2deb by Moshe Zadka. This man page is heavily based on the tap2deb man page by Moshe Zadka. REPORTING BUGS
To report a bug, visit http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/TwistedDevelopment#FilingTickets for more information. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2009 Twisted Matrix Laboratories. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. July 2001 TAP2RPM(1)