Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep -v (inverse matching)
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep -v (inverse matching) Post 302834721 by RudiC on Friday 19th of July 2013 03:45:27 PM
Old 07-19-2013
Your regex looks for 6 digits to match the begin of file name, as specified. Not 7. So the output is entirely correct as your files start with seven chars.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Grep Line with Matching Fields

Below is the scenario. Help is appreciated. File1: ( 500,000 lines ) : Three fields comma delimited : Not sorted 1234FAA,435612,88975 1224FAB,12345,212356 File2: ( 4,000,000 lines ) : Six fields comma delimited (Last 3 field should match the 3 fields of File1) : Not Sorted : ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching white space through Grep

Hello All, I am trying to match white space in patterns through - Grep I tried ] & ] but none of them worked. Then I tried Perl extension '\s' and it worked. So just wanted to know if ] & ] are still supported or have they become deprecated. However they have been mentioned in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkalra
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inverse Grep

Hi, I'm trying to wtite a script which actually print the text which doesn't contain a word , i mean to say. eg:- if a file contains the follwoing data Hello how ru ??? What ru doing ? what is the % of data contained ??? I want to write a script such that it prints the line excluding... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nagios
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching text using grep

Hi folks... Relatively new to scripting, but really struggling with something that will no doubt be second nature to most people on here: Trying to get an exact match on $sub, where sub is an ip address. subnet () { clear while true do ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: CiCa
18 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issues while pattern matching using grep

Hi, I have a file f1 wi the following data f1.txt ======== Report ID Report Name ----------------------------------------------------------------- Post Requests : 2 Post successes : 2 ============================================= I need to search for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RP09
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the non-matching lines

Hi, I need to make a script to extract the number that are not in a file. Example: I have file-A that has 100000 (70000-799999) numbers. And a file-B with number that already are in the system. Now I need to know/get the numbers that are not in system. I was thinking something like this:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AK47
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep negative matching

is it possible to reverse the output of grep -o (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: squrcles
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regex matching with grep -l

I am trying to find patterns in files using grep -l -e. I specifically am searching for abc. I want any file that has abc in it, but not just the letters abc. I am searching for a pattern a followed by b followed by c. I have tried egrep -l and also I have tried the following: grep -el... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep with ... matching more than 3 characters

I am trying to understand what the grep command in ubuntu is trying to do here. The contents of my test file is given below harsha@harsha-H67MA-USB3-B3:~/Documents$ cat data abcd efghi jklmno pqr stuv wxyz When I grep for 3 dots (...) without the parenthesis as follows I would expect the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeharshasn
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching and where, using grep

May somebody can give me a hint. I want to find using the command "grep" a certain word or term in a foo.txt file. By using the following command grep -i word file1 > newfile4 it puts it into a new foo.txt-file, the n times it matches. Fine, it matches n times, but how could I specify where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
2 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)