Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rlpr call failure
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Rlpr call failure Post 302834221 by DGPickett on Thursday 18th of July 2013 01:31:17 PM
Old 07-18-2013
Sounds like a network or printer problem. Does rlpr work interactively? Any firewall around? iptables?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ld failure

Hi, I am using gmake to compile a c program with a makefile. The make file runs ld. I get the following error jsh1035c:/users/egate453/admegate/kapil/samples $ gmake -e -f GNUmakefile queue_c gmake -f ./GNUmakefile queue_c in_objdir=1 build_root=/users/egate453/admegate/kapil/samples... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to differentiate system call from library call

Hi, Ho do I differentiate system call from library call? for example if I am using chmod , how do I find out if it is a system call or library call? Thanks Muru (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muru
2 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

diffrence between method call and function call in perl

Hello, I have a problem with package and name space. require "/Mehran/DSGateEngineLib/general.pl"; use strict; sub System_Status_Main_Service_Status_Intrusion_Prevention { my %idpstatus; my @result; &General_ReadHash("/var/dsg/idp/settings",\%idpstatus); #print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do I need to call make if I call gcc ?

Why do I need to call make if I call gcc ? I thought gcc already compiles the sources. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

su failure

Usually when su rejects an attempt to switch user it responds with "Sorry" but with a certain username on some unix servers the response is "Killed". I'm guessing the su accepted the username/password but refused to spawn child shell with the specified username. What's causing this and what has to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF statement failure

Hi Guys, i have a variable which hold a string value of "in" when i try to compare this value against another value the if statement is not working. $a=in if then echo "Not a Walid match" else echo "Walid Match" fi Thank You. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinrp1
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RCP Failure

I HAVE A PERL SCRIPT WHICH RCP files from one server to another. The script is not having any issues for years and it is running for more than 3 years . Last week it had failed with error "Command timed out " error. Please help me out (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praviper
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp failure

Hello, Sometimes when i execute my shell that makes sftp it gives me this error: Couldn't close file: Failure. What does it mean?, how can i make sure it will do ok?. Bye (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rubber08
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies
rlpq(1) 						       UNIX Reference Manual							   rlpq(1)

NAME
rlpq - remote line printer queue examination program SYNOPSIS
rlpq [-lmqNV] [-Hprinthost] [-Pprinter] [-Xproxyhost] [--debug] [--timeout=seconds] [--port=port] [ job # ... ] [ username ... ] DESCRIPTION
rlpq uses TCP/IP to examine print queues for printers anywhere on a network. Unlike lpq, it does not require that the remote printers be explicitly known to the local system (traditionally through /etc/printcap), and thus is considerably more flexible and requires less admin- istration. rlpq can be used anywhere a traditional lpq might be used, and is backwards compatible with traditional BSD lpq. If rlpq is invoked as lpq, it preserves all known lpq semantics. rlpq can be set up, installed, and used in the same two ways as rlpr(1) (that is, either with or without the rlprd(8) proxy daemon). Please see rlpr(1) for details, and to see whether you will need to use the rlprd(8) proxy daemon or not. OPTIONS
Environment/Setup --debug Print gobs of debugging information. -N, --no-bind Don't try to bind to privileged port before connecting to lpd. Please see the CONFIGURING A PROXY section in rlpr(1) for informa- tion on use of this option. --port=number Select an alternate port (instead of 7290) to connect to, if using rlprd. Usually not needed. -H, --printhost=host Select the host to print to (used with -P). Instead of using -H, one can specify the hostname directly including it with the printer name with the printer@hostname syntax. -P, --printer=printername, --queue=printername Select the printer to print to (used with -H). -X, --proxy=proxyhost, --proxyhost=proxyhost Select the proxy host to use, if necessary. --timeout=seconds Set the inactivity timer. If the connection hangs for more than seconds seconds, then rlpq will give up. Use the special value `-1' to wait forever. Default timeout is 3 seconds. -V, --version Print version and exit. Behavior -l, --long Produce a more detailed report. -m, --mine List only the jobs belonging to you. -q, --quiet, --silent Quiet mode - stay quiet (except for fatal errors). When this flag is set, rlpq's return value indicates whether there are any items in the specified queue that meet the specified criteria (a return value of zero indicates success). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables are used by rlpq: RLPR_PRINTHOST Specifies the default host's queue to examine. PRINTER or LPDEST Specifies the default printer to check on the host. First PRINTER is consulted, then LPDEST. Note that one can also specify the host to examine by setting printer to be printer@hostname. This may be more convenient than set- ting RLPR_PRINTHOST, but will confuse the traditional BSD print commands. RLPR_PROXYHOST Specifies a proxy host to use, if necessary. FILES
~/.rlprrc Personal printer/host database /etc/hosts.lpd Host-based security on printhost /etc/hosts.equiv Host-based security on printhost /etc/passwd Personal identification /etc/rlprrc System-wide printer/host database SEE ALSO
rlpr(1), rlprm(1), rlprd(8), rlprrc(5) AUTHOR
meem <meem@gnu.org> BUGS
/ LIMITATIONS Due to the dynamic nature of print queues, it is possible that the actual state of the queue may have changed between the time the snapshot was generated and the output was produced. rlpr 2.04 1999/10/28 rlpq(1)