Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Substitution after using grep Post 302834081 by Yoda on Thursday 18th of July 2013 10:46:38 AM
Old 07-18-2013
Code:
sed 's#10\.0\.108\.11#10\.211\.34\.67#;s#10\.0\.108\.20#10\.223\.34\.65#'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

substitution

I am trying to substituted a variable to a file using sed. However, the value of that variable is not being substituted. Here is an example of my code. lf=' ' v_whole="${1} ${2} ${3} $lf" cp ${IPPDIR}/ctl/fax_sub_text_a.${4}.${5}.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: supercbw
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

command substitution problems with csh using grep

I am trying to set a command into a variable in a csh script using command substituion with ``. I am having a problem with ps command combined with grep. The command is as follows (shows processes running with the word gpts in them). /usr/ucb/ps axwww | grep gpts this works fine at the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: voodoo31
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

MEM=`ps v $PPID| grep -i db2 | grep -v grep| awk '{ if ( $7 ~ " " ) { print 0 } else

Hi Guys, I need to set the value of $7 to zero in case $7 is NULL. I've tried the below command but doesn't work. Any ideas. thanks guys. MEM=`ps v $PPID| grep -i db2 | grep -v grep| awk '{ if ( $7 ~ " " ) { print 0 } else { print $7}}' ` Harby. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between "Command substitution" and "Process substitution"

Hi, What is the actual difference between these two? Why the following code works for process substitution and fails for command substitution? while IFS= read -r line; do echo $line; done < <(cat file)executes successfully and display the contents of the file But, while IFS='\n' read -r... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitution

All, I have this text document that contains a listing(See below). What i would like to ask is how i could extract just the information i need which is the files name (CWS*****.***.gz) If anyone has any suggestions i would be very grateful. I am sure its relatively simple but i just... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andyp2704
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with substitution

Hello, I have a file with 10,000+ records which look like this: Image3992170.tif 4/21/200811:42:09AM 3,373.13KB Image3993265.tif 4/11/20087:17:58PM 2,369.72KB Image3996764.tif 5/2/200811:01:28AM 2,155.87KB Image3997700.tif ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lotusdeva
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

substitution help

How do i substitute ' with space in a file using sed or awk i am getting the following two scenarios 1) xyz'd with xyz d if i use sed 's/xyz\\\'d/xy z/g' it is taking ' after \ as closing expr for substitution 2) xyz';d with xyz d please advice (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

vi substitution

Hello, I'm trying to do a substitution in vi. which adds a field for the year to a line. If the line doesnt include a year, it should still add a field (although empty) the fields are: Country:number:number:name(and sometimes year):place this is a desired in and output: Sweden:55:32:John... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drareeg
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitution

I am trying to do some substitutions using the substitution operator (:%s) in a text file. I want to replace all A1, A2, A3.......A100 in my text file. I used :%s/A2/SAE/g successfully until A9 but when I use A1, all the A11 to A19 is changed. How do I specify the exact match here? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanja
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inconsistent `ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh | grep -v grep | wc -l`

i have this line of code that looks for the same file if it is currently running and returns the count. `ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh | grep -v grep | wc -l` basically it is assigned to a variable ISRUNNING=`ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
6 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)