Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question to gurus about sed.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Question to gurus about sed. Post 302833385 by beckss on Wednesday 17th of July 2013 03:54:32 AM
Old 07-17-2013
Question to gurus about sed.

Hi Folks.
I need change something into file and after all manipulation I need delete only last COMMA into this piece of code ->
Code:
  GROUP 1 (
    '/oralog1/ORAPRD/log01a.dbf',
    '/oralog2/ORAPRD/log01b.dbf'
  ) SIZE 512M,
  GROUP 2 (
    '/oralog1/ORAPRD/log02a.dbf',
    '/oralog2/ORAPRD/log02b.dbf'
  ) SIZE 512M,
  GROUP 3 (
    '/oralog1/ORAPRD/log03a.dbf',
    '/oralog2/ORAPRD/log03b.dbf'
  ) SIZE 512M,
DATAFILE

Final view of this code need to
Code:
  GROUP 1 (
    '/oralog1/ORAPRD/log01a.dbf',
    '/oralog2/ORAPRD/log01b.dbf'
  ) SIZE 512M,
  GROUP 2 (
    '/oralog1/ORAPRD/log02a.dbf',
    '/oralog2/ORAPRD/log02b.dbf'
  ) SIZE 512M,
  GROUP 3 (
    '/oralog1/ORAPRD/log03a.dbf',
    '/oralog2/ORAPRD/log03b.dbf'
  ) SIZE 512M
DATAFILE

--> Please pay attention,that we have not comma after SIZE 512M into GROUP 3 section.

Thanks for all tips and answers.

Stas.

Last edited by Scott; 07-17-2013 at 05:46 AM.. Reason: Code tags, please

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Any RF unix gurus out there?

I am having a problem here. We are having several problems in regards to hung process's on unix (HPUX box), caused by my RF equipment (Mobile data capture units). these contact the host via a simply telnet session and locks the system? Is it a timeout problem as the timeout is disabled on the host. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subrosa
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED GURUS - Help!

I wish to substituite a string on each line but ONLY if it appears within double-quotes: this_string="abc#def#geh" # Comment here I wish to change the "#" characters within the double quoted string to "_": this_string="abc_def_geh" # Comment here ... but as you see, the "comment" hash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Simerian
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hey Perl Gurus

Hey guys im trying to get this if statement to work and i dont know whats wrong. can anybody help? if($author=~/\A+\Z/i)&&(length($author!=0)) { print " $author validation correct" } elsif($author!=~/\A+\Z/i)&&(length($author=0)) { $author='BLANK'; } else { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neil1983
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix/Linux gurus...here is Q 4u

Suppose I have two files 1.txt and 2.txt. My aim is to find (Total execution time/Number of executions) then sort the result as in decreasing order. Can anyone provide me any shell/perl/awk script or a Command to do that in faster way ? 1.txt : =============================== Number of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

VI Editor - question for unix gurus !!

I have created a dummy file -demo.txt On my machine-A (oslevel-5300-08) I can display the file content in HEX format through VI editor using :%!xxd but on other machine-B (oslevel - 5300-06) , I get error as "sh: xxd: not found." machine-A: $ cat demo.txt Hello World ! I can display... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script questions for gurus

guys, I need a steer in the right direction for this issue. it would be great if anyone of you can help me out. i have a textfile where i want to swap the lines based on the user input. The textfile is looks like the #file 1 name TB #file 1 ID 1000 # #file for ID1 system1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayi
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling mysql gurus : need help with my view

hi there I have a view which is working fine, but i have been told that i need to make sure the resulting output excludes all rows with nic_status equal to the string "removed". Does anybody know in which part of the code below i would place the conditional ... WHERE nic_status !=... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling all the awk gurus out there.

Hi all, I just signed up to the forums, although, I have lurked on here for awhile. Anyways, my issue is I am trying to get awk to spit out something I can use without having to spend hours in excel hell haha. So, I used sed to replace the spaces with semicolons and redirected that to a file. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: savigabi
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question to gurus with expect

Hi., I need to ask question for expect script. I have prompt like # and very long script (orachk). I added to expect script line set prompt "(%|#|\\\$) $" and insert into it also piece of code ---- expect { timeout { puts "Running..." exp_continue } ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: beckss
0 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Returns the question name attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.16.2 2012-01-27 Net::DNS::Question(3)