Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple date issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple date issue Post 302832917 by AraR87 on Tuesday 16th of July 2013 02:46:30 AM
Old 07-16-2013
Please show us your code.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

a simple way of converting a date in seconds to normal date

Hi all! I'm working on a HPUX system, and I was wondering if there is a simple way to convert a date from seconds (since 1970) to a normal date. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: travian
2 Replies

2. Programming

simple scanf issue ?

Hello everyone, I hope someone is awake to help me on this.. hey How can I do something like this: The user is asked is asked to enter an int value, but I want to provide a default value on stdout, which they can back space and change it to whatever they want.. for e.g: Enter the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

date issue-find prevoius date in a patricular format

Hi , I have written a shell script that takes the current date on the server and stores it in a file. echo get /usr/home/data-`date '+%Y%d'`.xml> /usr/local/sandeep/GetFILE.ini I call this GetFILE.ini file from an sftp program to fetch a file from /usr/home/ as location. The file is in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

simple issue..

I have a program. Everytime that I run that program ,it prints a disclaimer msg and prompts the user to accept the agreement (i.e: type 'y' or 'n'). Now I want to run the program multiple times with different inputs. So I wrote a script which runs in a loop and calls the program multiple times.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple date problem

i have a script that grep for today date a=`date +"%F"`--------greps current/today date wat if suppose i want to grep a date for yesterday... how to do that using the above format: i,e 2008-01-20 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple date formatting?

Hi guys, I have some embedded perl within my shell script to get me the modification time/date of a file which returns me the following string: Fri May 1 09:52:58 2009 I have managed to get the bits i need such as 1-May-2009, but what i would prefer is 010509 instead... Here is my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple date issue

Hi all, i have used the search already before someone shouts at me and i have seen the 'datecalc' program but this is not working correctly for me in the shell and environment i am using. I am using solaris 10 and bourne shell. I have two dates '07-04-2009' and '05-05-2009'. I just need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Cut issue

I have a long string that looks something like this.... <string>http://abc.com/40/20/zzz061-3472/dP3rXLpPPV2KC846nJ4VXpH7jt4b3LJgkL/tarfile_date.tar</string> I need to but the tar file name. So I need to put between "/" and ".tar</string>". My desired result should be "tarfile_date". (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple SED issue

Hi! I'm a newbie and can't find the exact sed to make this work. I've installed CentOS and am trying to pass variables to a network-config file. variables: $ipAddress $netmask $gateway file: DeviceList.Ethernet.eth0.IP=192.168.1.10 DeviceList.Ethernet.eth0.Netmask=255.255.255.0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: greipr
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple issue, what is wrong?

I had this working a few days ago but I since changed it. Heres the code x=1 while 1 2 3 4 5 6 1=$(ps -ef | grep process | awk '{ print $2}') if then echo "The database is accepting connections..." echo "Now I will check the next process" 2=$(ps -ef | grep process1 |... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
10 Replies
NEXT(1)                                                              [nmh-1.5]                                                             NEXT(1)

NAME
next - show the next message SYNOPSIS
next [+folder] [-showproc program] [-showmimeproc program] [-header | -noheader] [-checkmime | -nocheckmime] [switches for showproc or showmimeproc] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Next performs a show on the next message in the specified (or current) folder. Like show, it passes any switches on to the program show- proc or showmimeproc, which is called to list the message. This command is almost exactly equivalent to "show next". Consult the manual entry for show(1) for all the details. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder showproc: Program to show non-MIME messages showmimeproc: Program to show MIME messages SEE ALSO
show(1), prev(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder `-checkmime' `-header' CONTEXT
If a folder is specified, it will become the current folder. The message that is shown (i.e., the next message in sequence) will become the current message. BUGS
next is really a link to the show program. As a result, if you make a link to next and that link is not called next, your link will act like show instead. To circumvent this, add a profile-entry for the link to your nmh profile and add the argument next to the entry. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 NEXT(1)