Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk - check time stamp between range or not Post 302832875 by vegasluxor on Tuesday 16th of July 2013 01:10:26 AM
Old 07-16-2013
thanks! will check it.

Last edited by vegasluxor; 07-16-2013 at 02:26 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print files in a dir between the given time stamp

hi all, i want to print all the files in a directory. between a time stamp like $8>=07:00 and $8<=09:00. please give me commands not only in awk by any other commands also. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

time stamp perl script error out of range 1..31

Hi, while running the perl script i am getting this error message , Day '' out of range 1..31 at rsty.sh line 44 what do iam missing in the script, any suggestion #!/usr/bin/perl use Time::Local; my $wday = $ARGV; my $month = $ARGV; # convert the month shortname into 0-11 number if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date and time range extraction via Awk or analysis script?

Hello does anyone know of an awk that will extract log file entries between a specific date and time range, eg: awk '/15\/Dec\/2010:16:10:00/, /15\/Dec\/2010:16:15:00/' access_log but one that works? Or a free command line log file analysis tool/script? I'd like to be able to view... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: competitions
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get time duration between two human readable time stamp in Unix?

Here is two time I have: Jul 12 16:02:01 Jul 13 01:02:01 and how can I do a simple match to get difference between two time which is 09:00:00 Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ford99
3 Replies

5. Solaris

System time and Cron time stamp not matching

On Solaris 10 server the system date won't match with the timestamp on files created by a cron jobs, Please help here is what i get when i check for system date infodba-ie10ux014:/tcpdv1_ie10/tcadmin/bin\n\r-> date Tue Apr 24 15:27:43 GMT 2012at same time i executed a cron job, and checked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karghum
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file time stamp

Hi, I need help to read file in a directory on basis of time stamp. e.g. If file access in last 2 minutes it should not be copy to remote directory. Below is my script. #!/bin/ksh DATE=`date +"%Y-%m-%d_%H%M"` SEPARATER=" " exec < out_interfaces.cfg while read source_path... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: qamar.alam
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting line with range check in awk

Consider a input.txt as: country=india ram ajit sham vijay //need to be removed country=india suman tharan raju what i did is: awk '$0~pat {n=NR+4} NR!=n' pat='country=india' input.txt > output.txt My looking to the above code is between any two country=india ,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautham
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check time stamp formate in file

I have to check whether last line of the file has time stamp or not. File.txt cong = 0 This formats a date and time into the given strftime() format = 09 Dates can be passed to Smarty as unix timestamps = 56789 mysql timestamps or any string made up =98 Since Smarty-2.6.10 numeric... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check time stamp in log file and calculate.

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. i want to make a script for calculate time by time2 - time1 1600266278|random|1|2014-09-19 02:08:56.024|2014-09-19 02:08:59.398|A|B|ROOM|Num0208559970111101788|1|dog|dos 1600266200|random|4|2014-09-19 02:08:06.572|2014-09-19... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Time Stamp Range On Log Files

I have created this script #!/bin/sh FILES=/data/log/access_*.log for f in $FILES do echo "Processing $f file" cat $f | awk '{print $1}' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n | tail done It produces this output Processing /data/log/access_abc.log file 114 1.1.1.1 167 2.2.2.2 ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharingsunshine
38 Replies
FILECAP:(8)						  System Administration Utilities					       FILECAP:(8)

NAME
filecap - a program to see capabilities SYNOPSIS
filecap [ -a | -d | /dir | /dir/file [cap1 cap2 ...] ] DESCRIPTION
filecap is a program that prints out a report of programs with file based capabilities. If a file is not in the report or there is no report at all, no capabilities were found. For expedience, the default is to check only the directories in the PATH environmental variable. If the -a command line option is given, then all directories will be checked. If a directory is passed, it will recursively check that directory. If a path to a file is given, it will only check that file. If the path to the file includes capabilities, then they are written to the file. OPTIONS
-a This tells the program to show all capabilities starting from the / directory. Normally the PATH environmental variable is used to show you capabilities on files you are likely to execute. -d This dumps all capabilities for reference. EXAMPLES
To check file capabilities in $PATH: filecap To check file capabilities of whole system: filecap -a To check file capabilities recursively in a directory: filecap /usr To check file capabilities of a specific program: filecap /bin/passwd To list all possible capabilities: filecap -d To set a file capability on a specific program: filecap /bin/ping net_raw net_admin SEE ALSO
pscap(8), netcap(8), capabilities(7). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat March 2009 FILECAP:(8)