Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing two files and generating the report Post 302832585 by joeyg on Monday 15th of July 2013 08:40:48 AM
Old 07-15-2013
How do you know a record is modified and not simply added?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating files of specific size

I've been working on getting a script to take size, dir name and file name variables from an input file and creating the same dir structure along with the file of specific size. An example of the input file: size/dirname/filename 2100/JAN_06/12345ABC.TCC 2354/FEB_06/24564XYZ.NOS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nxd25
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating a report -Formatted printing -Urgent

Hi, My aim is to generate a report using shell script. There are various formats fields coloumns etc. I want to print in a single line (row) but in different coloumn as given below: field1 field2 field3 field4 ....... ....... ...... ....... The spacing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating files.

I/P file name:- 20092008.txt Check number of entries in i/p file by following command ChkEnt -infl 20092008.txt -opfl 20092008_test.txt >count.txt Dear Friends, Please help me in automating following thing. If output generated (count.txt) is having value more than 1000 i.e.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing out the logs and generating report

My file will contain following(log.txt): start testcase: config loading ...... error XXXX ..... end testcase: config loading, result failed start testcase: ping check ..... error ZZZZZ ..... error AAAAA end testcase: Ping check, result failed I am expecting below output. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Script for generating a report

Hi all, I have a log file of the below format. 20081016:000042 asdflasjdf asljfljs asdflasjf safjl 20081016:000229 /lask/ajlsdf/askdfjsa 20081016:000229 /lashflas /askdfaslj hsfhsahf 20081016:000304 lasflasj ashfashd 20081016:000304 lajfasdf ashfashdfhs I need to generate a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.naidu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating a count report

Hi, I want to generate a report for count mismatching. Steps followed for creating a script for file in 1). I have to fetch the file name from the checksum.out #customer_information_ 2). Added Detail #customer_information_Detail 3). Check the file exist or not. 3.1.1)if the the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: number10
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating MD5's of files

On my website I host a lot of files, and when people view the site, currently each time the page loads, I have PHP generating the md5 sums for the files right then and there. It was fine when my site was small, but now that's obviously very inefficient. Now I'd like to start generating MD5 sums... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GrdLock
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

generating report in Excel(Open office) using shell scripting

Hello All, I need to execute around 15 queries after which all data should come in Excel format. Executing 15 queries is not a problem. Problem is how to present/put data in excel. kindly suggest me how to start, what to study or what should i do. thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubham8787
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Novice in shell scripting - generating report

Hi I recently joined a project where I have been asked to generate a report using shell script accessing UNIX box. I have no idea on how to do it as I am a beginner and learning shell scripts. Suppose I have a XML: <XYZRequest> <effectiveDate>someDate</effectiveDate>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vat1kor
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two files on row by row and send the report

Comparing two files on row by row File1 ecount~100 dcount~200 ccount~300 zxcscount~5000 and so on. File2 ecount~100 dcount~203 ccount~300 zxcscount~5000 and so on. If i use diff command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onesuri
1 Replies
Constraint initialize() 												   Constraint initialize()

Name
  Constraint initialize - Constraint class method to initialize a child object or widget's constraint record.

Synopsis
  typedef void (*XtInitProc)(Widget, Widget, ArgList, Cardinal *);
	 Widget request;
	 Widget init;
	 ArgList args;
	 Cardinal *num_args;

Inputs
  request   Specifies  the  newly  created child widget or object instance with its constraint record resource values set as requested by the
	    argument list, the resource database, and the constraint defaults.

init	    Specifies the same widget or object with its constraint record fields as modified by any superclass Constraint initialize() meth-
	    ods.

args	    Specifies the argument list that was passed to XtCreateWidget().

num_args  Specifies the number of entries in the argument list.

Description
  The  Constraint  initialize()  method is registered on the initialize field of the Constraint class part structure, and is called by XtCre-
  ateWidget() when a child of the constraint widget is created.  The Constraint initialize() method performs the same sort of initializations
  on  the constraint record of a widget that the normal (Object, RectObj, or Core) initialize() method performs on the widget instance struc-
  ture.

The request and init arguments specify the child widget that is being created.  The constraints field of the request	widget	points	to  a
  copy	of  the constraint record as it was after all of the constraint resources were initialized from the argument list, the resource data-
  base, or the resource list defaults.	The constraints field of the init widget points to the actual constraints record of the  widget,  and
  has  been further initialized by the Constraint initialize() method of any Constraint superclasses of the parent widget.  All modifications
  should be made to the init constraints record; the request argument exists so that the widget class can determine which field of  the  con-
  straints record have been modified by superclass Constraint initialize() methods.

The  Constraint  initialize()  method  is  chained  in superclass-to-subclass order, and cannot be inherited.  If nothing in the constraint
  structure needs initialization, the Constraint class part initialize field should be NULL.

The args and num_args arguments were added to this method in Release 4.

See initialize(4) for an explanation of the things that an initialize procedure should do.  See XtCreateWidget(1) for full details  of  the
  widget creation process.

Example
  The following procedure is the Constraint initialize() method, slightly modified, of the Athena Form widget class.  Note how it obtains the
  constraint record and the parent form widget from the supplied child widget.	Note also that it provides "dynamic defaults" for two of  its
  constraint  resources:  if  dx or dy is equal to some default value (i.e., if it was not explicitly specified), then it will be replaced by
  the value of the XtNdefaultSpacing resource from the Form widget itself.

Note that this procedure (and most other initialize() procedures in existence) has named its init argument new.  "new" is a  reserved  word
  in C++, and your programs will be more portable if you avoid using it in your C code.

/* ARGSUSED */
     static void ConstraintInitialize(request, new, args, num_args)
	 Widget request, new;
	 ArgList args;
	 Cardinal *num_args;
     {
	 FormConstraints form = (FormConstraints)new->core.constraints;
	 FormWidget fw = (FormWidget)new->core.parent;

form->form.virtual_width = (int) new->core.width;
	 form->form.virtual_height = (int) new->core.height;

if (form->form.dx == default_value)
	     form->form.dx = fw->form.default_spacing;

if (form->form.dy == default_value)
	     form->form.dy = fw->form.default_spacing;

form->form.deferred_resize = False;
     }

See Also
  XtCreateWidget(1),
  Constraint(3), Core(3),
  Constraint destroy(4), initialize(4), Constraint set_values(4).

Xt - Intrinsics Methods 												   Constraint initialize()