Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed -n option
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed -n option Post 302831927 by RudiC on Friday 12th of July 2013 09:32:27 AM
Old 07-12-2013
Why not
Code:
sed -n '/pdf/ {s/^M//g; ...etc...;p}' two

?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed option to delete two words within a file

Could someone please help me with the following. I'm trying to figure out how to delete two words within a specific file using sed. The two words are directory and named. I have tried the following: sed '//d' sedfile sed '//d' sedfile both of these options do not work..... ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: klannon
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Env Variable substituion in Sed (-s option)

Folks, I've been trying to use the ENV variable with slashes(/) in its value inside the sed substitution.. Sed 's/myval/'$MYVAL'/' file1 >> file.tmp If MYVAL=<sometext>, it works. if MYVAL=/home/venkat, it doesnt. *************************** bash-2.05$ export VAL=/home/venkat... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvsreddy_539
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed insert option(-i) in shell script

Hi, Please tell me how to use insert option of sed in a shell script on Solaris/AIX plateform. For example I need to insert few lines on top of every file whose name starts with say "SOL_DEL". Thanx. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed sed: illegal option -- i

hello. i have a script, but in solaris i get this message sed: illegal option -- i whats wrong? With Ubuntu there is no problem. Thanks for help. #!/bin/bash for file in $(find /directory..../Test/*.txt -type f) do head -n 1 $file | egrep '^#!' if then sed -i '2i\Headertext'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fertchen
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed delete option

I have tried doing this to delete some lines: sed '1,10d' file Now I want to specify a variable as a line number for example: lastline=wc -l file linestart=$lastline - 20 sed '$linestart,$lastlined' file but this will give error: sed: -e expression #1, char 3: extra characters after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed -i option example

Can anyone give detailed and example for sed -i option. Where can we use this option?:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwgreen1
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed 'b' option

Hi, What does the following command do on files? sed '1b; $d' To me it just deletes the last line of the file. If so what is the significance of sed's 'b' option? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

emulating cat in sed with q option

Hi, I am aware that the below are the equivalent in sed for cat command. sed ':' sed -n 'p' Is there any way to emulate the same using "q" option in sed? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed with -e option

sed "s/^/8,A1,$dat,id2_3,/g" -e sed "s/$/,,,,,,,,,,,/g" temporary wn m running this script m getting a error... plz help me with this.... O/p sed: -e expression #1, char 3: unterminated `s' command ---------- Post updated at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:33 AM... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed one Liner option -e

Hi, I have the following command.(Delete all trailing blank lines at the end of a file.) sed -e :a -e '/^\n*$/{$d;N;ba' -e '}' I don't understand the logic of this command and also I don't understand why -e is used. Can you please let me know the logic of this command and why three -e... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)