Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Problem in starting: message shown is "disk out of space" Post 302831599 by CAch on Friday 12th of July 2013 01:58:26 AM
Old 07-12-2013
I have no idea, how to log in into pseudo terminal.......
As, I am unable to reach to the prompt screen, df and ls commands are of no use.
Please let me know, how to approach to the pseudo terminal.

---------- Post updated 07-12-13 at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous update was 07-11-13 at 08:13 AM ----------

Thanks skrynesaver,

I pressed <Ctrl><Alt><F1>and get into textual login screen. From there I first check the memory status by using
Code:
df -h

and finally I cleaned my tmp directory which was overloaded. After that I entered into graphics log, first by log out by pressing <Ctrl>d and then a <Ctrl><Alt><F7> key combination for graphics login screen.

And now my system is working fine Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to CAch For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get two strings ending with "." and starting with "."

Hi all, In unix shell, I want to get two strings ending with "." and starting with "." from a string "chan.txt" For example, a string "chan.txt". The first string is "chan" The second string is "txt" Yours Wilson (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wilsonchan1000
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or question of my own) is: Oracle tns listener, "CT_LISTENER", and the enterprise manager (EM) of the instance, which is uniq instance and called... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talipk
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have a problem about the Oracle related components. I'm not able to find any answer yet, and waiting for your responses... Here is the configuration of my system: * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talipk
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix commands delete all files starting with "X" except "X" itself. HELP!!!!?

im a new student in programming and im stuck on this question so please please HELP ME. thanks. the question is this: enter a command to delete all files that have filenames starting with labtest, except labtest itself (delete all files startign with 'labtest' followed by one or more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soccerball
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Help:"Bad checksum in disk label" and "Can't open disk label package"?

Hello, I'm brand new to Sun/Solaris. I have a Sun Blade 150, with SunOS 5.8. I wanted to make a backup to prevent future data loss, so I put the disk in a normal PC with Windows XP to try to make a backup with Norton Ghost, the disk was detected, but not the file volume, so I place the disk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Resadija
6 Replies

6. Ubuntu

where to find the message "Your disk drives are being checked for errors"

Hi, During start up I got the message "Your disk drives are being checked for errors". But it went so fast that I could read following messages. Once logged I though I could find it in "dmesg" but nothing... May someone know where I can find plese ? :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xib.be
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
ttys(4) 						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							   ttys(4)

NAME
ttys - terminal control database file for trusted systems SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system supports a single terminal control database containing entries for each local terminal that can log into the system. Authentica- tion programs use information contained in the terminal control database to determine if login from the terminal is permitted. Additional fields are maintained for informational purposes. The format of the terminal control database file is identical to other system authentication database files. For more information on the file format, see authcap(4). The file consists of keyword field identifiers and values for those fields. The keyword identifiers supported and their use include: This field defines the terminal device name for the entry. The terminal device is expected to be contained in the directory, therefore this prefix should not be specified. If the terminal entry describes the device, the field should contain This field records the user id of the last user to successfully login using the terminal device. This field records the last successful login time to the terminal device. This field records the last unsuccessful login time to the terminal device. This field records the number of consecutive unsuccessful login attempts to the terminal device. This field specifies the maximum number of consecutive unsuccessful login attempts permitted using the terminal before the terminal is locked. Once the terminal is locked, it must be unlocked by an authorized administrator. This field specifies the login timeout value (sec). This field specifies the delay between login tries (sec). This flag field indicates whether the terminal device has been administratively locked or not. This field is manipulated by authorized administrators only. EXAMPLES
The following is an example of a terminal control database entry: This entry is for the system console device, The most recent successful login session was for the user The entry records the system time for the current successful login and the time of the most recent unsuccessful login attempt. WARNINGS
Remote terminals (ptys) should not be added to the or databases. Device name formats treated as ptys by login are: where x is a letter, and y is a hex number where x is a letter, and y is a hex number HP-UX 11i Version 3 is the last release to support trusted systems functionality. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
Terminal control database file SEE ALSO
login(1), getprtcent(3), devassign(4), authcap(4), default(4). TO BE OBSOLETED ttys(4)