Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Sharing SAN disk with multiple severs Post 302830973 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 10th of July 2013 02:03:31 AM
Old 07-10-2013
No, not just like that that. You would need some form of clustering with a shared logical volume manager and a shared filesystem... Just mounting two filesystems will lead to corruption.
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX disk less with SAN

Hi All, I have mirrored SAN volume on my B80 rootvg. Can I just remove the mirror and "Remove a P V from a V G" and it will be a diskless AIX? Is that going to boot on SAN rootvg volume? Thanks in advance, itik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

2. AIX

hard disk and san

Hello everyone I got several aix boxes with aix 5.3 I got a ibm san ds4500 My question is How can I do a match between my disks on aix and the san? I try to do a match with the LUN but for example. In my san I got several 1 LUN and on one of my aix box I got this If I type lscfg... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

3. Solaris

SAN disk failure

hi all, have a solaris 9 OS and a SAN disk which used to work fine is not getting picked up by my machine. can anyone point out things to check in order to troubleshoot this ?? thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
3 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SAN Disk w/o Cluster

Scenario: I've got 2 M5000's connected to a 9985 SAN storage array. I have configured the SAN disks with stmsboot, format and newfs. I can access the same SAN space from both systems. I have created files from both systems on the SAN space. Question: Why can't I see the file created... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SAN and Disk I/O ... do we care?

Hi all, My main function is as a DBA. Another person manages the server and the SAN. I just want to know if I should be worried about high disk I/O or is it irrelevant as the I/O "load balancing" will be "taken care" of by the SAN? For example, I have hdisk1-5 and I can see that there are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

6. Solaris

I/O Error on SAN Disk

Hi, I have a production solaris 10 SPARC system (portal). Yesterday legato/Networker gave an I/O Error on one of the files on its SAN mounted disk. I went to that particular file on the system, did an ls and it showed the file. However, ls -l did not work and it said IO error. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
6 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problems of sharing of disk space in Rock Clusters

Hi Server configuration is Processor : xeon 64 bit Os: centos 5 We are in the process of setting up the Rock Cluster with 5 node.Currently the node are communication with each other however the disk space is not being shared in the cluster We would like to know how to used one disk space... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: airquality
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Sharing a local disk between to solaris machines

Hi, I recently added a disk on a solaris 9 and I wanted to make it accessible for another machine, using the same name here is what i did : On the machine holding the internal disk in vfstab i added the line /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s4 /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s4 /SHARED2 ufs 2 yes ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionassedo
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

SAN vs. Local disk.

I am in the market looking to purchase a new E950 server and I am trying to decide between using local SSD drives or SSD based SAN. The application that will be running on this server is read-intensive so I am looking for the most optimal configuration to support this application. There are no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ikx
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Sharing a physical disk with an LDOM

I have a guest LDOM running Solaris 10U11 on a Sun T4-1 host running Solaris 11.4. The host has a disk named bkpool that I'd like to share with the LDOM so both can read and write it. The host is hemlock, the guest is sol10. root@hemlock:~# zpool list NAME SIZE ALLOC FREE CAP DEDUP ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
3 Replies
E2FSADM(8)						      System Manager's Manual							E2FSADM(8)

NAME
e2fsadm - ext2 filesystem / LVM administration SYNOPSIS
e2fsadm [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] {[-l|--extents] [+|-]LogicalExtentsNumber|" [-L|--size] [+|-]LogicalVolumeSize[kKmMgGtT]} [-n|--nofsck] [-v|--verbose] [--version] LogicalVolumePath DESCRIPTION
e2fsadm allows resizing of a logical volume containing a mounted or unmounted ext2 filesystem. For unmounted filesystems it can extend the logical volume and grow the filesystem using resize2fs(8) or ext2resize(8), or shrink the filesystem and then reduce the logical volume afterwards. For mounted filesystems it can extend the logical volume and grow the filesystem using ext2online(8). OPTIONS -d, --debug Enables additional debugging output (if compiled with DEBUG). -h, --help Print a usage message on standard output and exit successfully. -l, --extents [+|-]LogicalExtentsNumber Resize the filesystem/logical volume to or by the number of logical extents. If you use + or - then the number will be relative the th current size of the logical volume, otherwise the volume will be resized to LogicalExtentsNumber extents. -L, --size [+|-]LogicalVolumeSize[kKmMgGtT] Resize the filesystem/logical volume to or by the given size. If you use + or - then the number will be relative the the current size of the logical volume, otherwise the volume will be resized to LogicalVolumeSize. A size suffix of K for kilobytes, M for megabytes, G for gigabytes or T for terabytes can be used. -n, --nofsck Avoid the filesystem check before the resize operation. A filesystem check is mandatory before resize2fs(8), but is optional for ext2resize(8), and is not allowed for ext2online(8) because the filesystem is mounted. Useful if a check has been done before starting e2fsadm. -t, --test Test run without real resizing. -v , --verbose Gives verbose runtime information about e2fsadm's activities. --version Print version number and exit successfully. DIAGNOSTICS
e2fsadm calls e2fsck(8), lvextend(8), lvreduce(8), and resize2fs(8), ext2resize(8), or ext2online(8) internally. By default, for mounted filesystems e2fsadm will look for resize2fs first, and failing that it will look for ext2resize. For mounted filesystems it will try to run ext2online. It returns an exit code of 0 for success or > 0 for error: 1 the filesystem size is invalid 2 the logical volume name is missing 3 the logical volume name is invalid 4 the logical volume doesn't exist 5 an error occured while reading the VGDA 6 an error occured while resizing the filesystem 7 /proc/mounts is not available 8 the filesystem is mounted 9 the filesystem type is not ext2 10 the e2fsck(8) command is missing or was not found 11 resize2fs(8) is missing or was not found 12 unable to run e2fsck(8) 13 unable to run resize2fs(8) 14 an error occured while reading the logical volume 15 logical volume size error 16 lvextend(8) is missing or was not found 17 unable to run lvextend(8) 18 lvreduce(8) is missing or was not found 19 unable to run lvreduce(8) 95 driver/module not in kernel 96 invalid I/O protocol version 97 error locking logical volume manager 98 invalid lvmtab (run vgscan(8)) 99 invalid command line ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
E2FSADM_RESIZE_CMD Command to call instead of resize2fs(8). E2FSADM_RESIZE_OPTS Options for the EXT2_RESIZE_CMD. E2FSADM_ONLINE_CMD Command to call instead of ext2online(8). E2FSADM_ONLINE_OPTS Options for the EXT2_ONLINE_CMD. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), lvcreate(8), lvextend(8), lvreduce(8), resize2fs(8), ext2resize(8), ext2online(8) AUTHOR
Heinz Mauelshagen <Linux-LVM@Sistina.com> Heinz Mauelshagen LVM TOOLS E2FSADM(8)