Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [Solved] OpenSSL/Wget
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [Solved] OpenSSL/Wget Post 302830621 by maverick_here on Tuesday 9th of July 2013 07:29:06 AM
Old 07-09-2013
[Solved] OpenSSL/Wget

Hi,

I'm having an issue with wget/SSL. Let me clarify I have very little understanding of Openssl. I'm trying to wget a file from a remote server

Code:
wget -v  --user=UNAME --password='Pass@word' https://densky.keurua.it/out/2013070...2045480693.xml

I get the following error message
Code:
--12:19:57--  https://densky.keurua.it/out/2013070...2045480693.xml
Resolving densky.keurua.it... ##.##.###.###
Connecting to densky.keurua.it|##.##.###.###|:443... connected.
Unable to establish SSL connection.

Im using RHEL 5.3 and openssl version 0.9.8e-7.el5. The version of wget is GNU Wget 1.10.2 (Red Hat modified)

I have done some search on google and found nothing helpful.

Thanks
Maverick

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

openssl help

I ungraded my openssl on sun solaris 8 from openssl 0.9.6c to openssl 0.9.6g the ungrade went fine but when I tried to ssh in to server, I received the following error message "ld.so.1: ./sshd: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6: symbol main: referenced symbol... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] merging two files and writing to another file- solved

i have two files as file1: 1 2 3 file2: a b c and the output should be: file3: 1~a 2~b 3~c (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using openssl

All, I am new to openssl and I have not been able to figure out exactly how to use it. What I need to do is to create a shell script which FTPS's (SFTP is not allowed on my project) a file to a mainframe. The mainframe will not initiate a session with my server. Question. Are the packages... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelInDC
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Openssl 0.9.8r

Hi Peeps, Having trouble compiling openssl 0.9.8r on Solaris 10 x86. The make test fails when running the shatests (segmentation faults). There is a PROBLEM file that references a file called values.c. Anyone know whereabouts in the source tree you put this file as the file doesn't tell you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Wget command to download file

Hi I am trying to download the file using wget command. But The password was created as pwd$$ for the user xyz. When i give the command as below it is not downloading the file. Will the password has $$ causing this issue. wget... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksmbabu
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Openssl vulnerabilities

Hi there, The following openssl package are installed on the machine (openssl-1.0.0-27.el6_4.2.x86_64). It isn't the last version but I need to known if this content Vulnerabilities... How to check that on RedHat? Could you please tell me how to find this information?? Thankx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiero_nymus
3 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

OpenSSL

I just started playing around with Unix's OpenSSL utility. I can't seem to get the hang of it, and the man page isn't helping much. I wanted to experiment with file encryption, so I created a dummy text file with one line of text and tried to encrypt it using DES. I used the following command: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - working in browser but cannot download from wget

Hi, I need to download a zip file from my the below US govt link. https://www.sam.gov/SAMPortal/extractfiledownload?role=WW&version=SAM&filename=SAM_PUBLIC_MONTHLY_20160207.ZIP I only have wget utility installed on the server. When I use the below command, I am getting error 403... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Openssl upgrade

Hello Admins. I need to upgrade the openssl version in Solaris 10 due to vulnerabilities. When I checked the current version, it shows: bash-3.2# openssl version OpenSSL 1.0.2n 7 Dec 2017 bash-3.2# which openssl /usr/bin/openssl When I installed the new one, its getting... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
0 Replies
RSA_public_encrypt(3)						      OpenSSL						     RSA_public_encrypt(3)

NAME
RSA_public_encrypt, RSA_private_decrypt - RSA public key cryptography SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/rsa.h> int RSA_public_encrypt(int flen, unsigned char *from, unsigned char *to, RSA *rsa, int padding); int RSA_private_decrypt(int flen, unsigned char *from, unsigned char *to, RSA *rsa, int padding); DESCRIPTION
RSA_public_encrypt() encrypts the flen bytes at from (usually a session key) using the public key rsa and stores the ciphertext in to. to must point to RSA_size(rsa) bytes of memory. padding denotes one of the following modes: RSA_PKCS1_PADDING PKCS #1 v1.5 padding. This currently is the most widely used mode. RSA_PKCS1_OAEP_PADDING EME-OAEP as defined in PKCS #1 v2.0 with SHA-1, MGF1 and an empty encoding parameter. This mode is recommended for all new applica- tions. RSA_SSLV23_PADDING PKCS #1 v1.5 padding with an SSL-specific modification that denotes that the server is SSL3 capable. RSA_NO_PADDING Raw RSA encryption. This mode should only be used to implement cryptographically sound padding modes in the application code. Encrypt- ing user data directly with RSA is insecure. flen must be less than RSA_size(rsa) - 11 for the PKCS #1 v1.5 based padding modes, and less than RSA_size(rsa) - 41 for RSA_PKCS1_OAEP_PADDING. The random number generator must be seeded prior to calling RSA_public_encrypt(). RSA_private_decrypt() decrypts the flen bytes at from using the private key rsa and stores the plaintext in to. to must point to a memory section large enough to hold the decrypted data (which is smaller than RSA_size(rsa)). padding is the padding mode that was used to encrypt the data. RETURN VALUES
RSA_public_encrypt() returns the size of the encrypted data (i.e., RSA_size(rsa)). RSA_private_decrypt() returns the size of the recovered plaintext. On error, -1 is returned; the error codes can be obtained by ERR_get_error(3). CONFORMING TO
SSL, PKCS #1 v2.0 SEE ALSO
ERR_get_error(3), rand(3), rsa(3), RSA_size(3) HISTORY
The padding argument was added in SSLeay 0.8. RSA_NO_PADDING is available since SSLeay 0.9.0, OAEP was added in OpenSSL 0.9.2b. 0.9.7a 2002-09-25 RSA_public_encrypt(3)