Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [Solved] Delete files older than 10 years Post 302830335 by eskay on Monday 8th of July 2013 02:16:53 PM
Old 07-08-2013
there will be a leap year in between so what then? so is there any command based on year and not on days

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete files older than 7 days

can anyone tell me how I would write a script in ksh on AIX that will delete files in a directory older than 7 days? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete the files which are the 30 min older...?

Hi all, i have a simple question that i want to find out the 30 minutes older files and delete those files from the particular location(Folder) Generally for this purpose used to retreive the files with "atime" command For example: find and delete the 2 days older log files use this below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files older than 30 days

This is driving me crazy. How can I delete files in a specifc directory that are over 30 days old? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlphillips
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files more than 15 days older

i have to delete files which are older than 15 days or more except the ones in the directory Current and also *.sh files i have found the command for files 15 days or more older find . -type f -mtime +15 -exec ls -ltr {} \; but how to implement the logic to avoid directory Current and also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than today

is it -mtime +1 as i need all files older than today to be deleted (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Command to separate this years files and last years?

Hello - I have a folder that contains files from 2003 till 2010. I am trying to figure out a command that would seperate each years file and show me a count? Even if i can find a command that would give me year by year count, thats good enough too. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To delete files older than 24 hrs

I have to retain only 1 day files in my system an I have to delete all the other files which are older than 24 hrs. Please let me know the option I have to give in the find -mtime command. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh8s
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than X days.

Hi All, I am using below code to delete files older than 2 days. In case if there are no files, I should log an error saying no files to delete. Please let me know, How I can achive this. find /path/*.xml -mtime +2 Thanks and Regards Nagaraja. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete all the files older than a date?

Hi, I need a command for deleting all the compress files *.Z that are older than the current date - 5 days. Basically I have a directory where daily I meet some back up files and I want to remove automatically the ones 5 days (or more) older than the current date. How can I write a 'rm' command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Francy
1 Replies
cal(1)								   User Commands							    cal(1)

NAME
cal - display a calendar SYNOPSIS
cal [ [month] year] DESCRIPTION
The cal utility writes a Gregorian calendar to standard output. If the year operand is specified, a calendar for that year is written. If no operands are specified, a calendar for the current month is written. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: month Specify the month to be displayed, represented as a decimal integer from 1 (January) to 12 (December). The default is the current month. year Specify the year for which the calendar is displayed, represented as a decimal integer from 1 to 9999. The default is the current year. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of cal: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LC_TIME, LC_MESSAGES, and NLSPATH. TZ Determine the timezone used to calculate the value of the current month. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
calendar(1), attributes(5), environ(5), standards(5) NOTES
An unusual calendar is printed for September 1752. That is the month 11 days were skipped to make up for lack of leap year adjustments. To see this calendar, type: cal 9 1752 The command cal 83 refers to the year 83, not 1983. The year is always considered to start in January. SunOS 5.10 1 Feb 1995 cal(1)