Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [Solved] Delete files older than 10 years Post 302830325 by rveri on Monday 8th of July 2013 02:03:52 PM
Old 07-08-2013
Hi eskay,

For an example to find 19 years old file:

Code:
y=19;t=`echo $y*365|bc`;find . -type f -mtime +"$t" -exec ls -l {} \;

-rwxrw-r-x   1 root       sys            695 May 10  1994 ./file1
-r-xr--r--   1 root       sys           2353 Oct 16  1993 ./file2

So your command would look like to delete 10 years old files:

Code:
find file_name -mtime +3650 -exec rm {} \;

Enjoy..
This User Gave Thanks to rveri For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete files older than 7 days

can anyone tell me how I would write a script in ksh on AIX that will delete files in a directory older than 7 days? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete the files which are the 30 min older...?

Hi all, i have a simple question that i want to find out the 30 minutes older files and delete those files from the particular location(Folder) Generally for this purpose used to retreive the files with "atime" command For example: find and delete the 2 days older log files use this below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files older than 30 days

This is driving me crazy. How can I delete files in a specifc directory that are over 30 days old? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlphillips
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files more than 15 days older

i have to delete files which are older than 15 days or more except the ones in the directory Current and also *.sh files i have found the command for files 15 days or more older find . -type f -mtime +15 -exec ls -ltr {} \; but how to implement the logic to avoid directory Current and also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than today

is it -mtime +1 as i need all files older than today to be deleted (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Command to separate this years files and last years?

Hello - I have a folder that contains files from 2003 till 2010. I am trying to figure out a command that would seperate each years file and show me a count? Even if i can find a command that would give me year by year count, thats good enough too. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To delete files older than 24 hrs

I have to retain only 1 day files in my system an I have to delete all the other files which are older than 24 hrs. Please let me know the option I have to give in the find -mtime command. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh8s
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than X days.

Hi All, I am using below code to delete files older than 2 days. In case if there are no files, I should log an error saying no files to delete. Please let me know, How I can achive this. find /path/*.xml -mtime +2 Thanks and Regards Nagaraja. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete all the files older than a date?

Hi, I need a command for deleting all the compress files *.Z that are older than the current date - 5 days. Basically I have a directory where daily I meet some back up files and I want to remove automatically the ones 5 days (or more) older than the current date. How can I write a 'rm' command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Francy
1 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)