Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to resize filesystem by resizing the LUN without impact to applications.? Post 302830251 by rveri on Monday 8th of July 2013 11:15:06 AM
Old 07-08-2013
If you use hp-ux you can resize the lun (i.e increase the lun size), and in os side you can use
Code:
vgmodify

to get the new size reflect and you can extend it, in hp-ux 11.31.
However the standard method and safe method would be :
- adding more lun to the VG.
- extend the vg with the lun/PVs.
- then extend the Filesystem online.(that means without unmounting the FS),

Hope this helps.
---

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Filesystem resize (AIX 5.3)

Hi.. I have to resize a partition(filesystem). I mean reduce the size one particular partition and increase the size of another. What should I do?? Pls help Bala (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
5 Replies

2. Solaris

VxVM filesystem resize

This is actually a VxVM question. I have a volume/filesystem spread over 4*146G disks. Now I want to shrink the filesystem - which I can do using vxresize. However, I want to shrink so that two of the four disks that the filesystem occupies are removed from the volume. Can I do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Making filesystem on presented lun

Hi, I am working on SunOS perlrate 5.10 Generic_127111-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5120. The server has an LSISAS3801E HBA card installed and is connected to a StorageTek 2530 array. I have made a volume on arrary using Common Array Manager. I can see the volume on server: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seanban
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Netapp filer LUN Resize. Commands to run on Solaris afterwards.

Hi, I need to increase a veritas filesystem I have currently mounted on a Solaris 10 server. We can resize the LUN on the NetApp filer no problem. What I need to know is what do I do next on the Solaris 10 server I have so that it will see the increase in size. Do I run 'devfsadm' to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
3 Replies

5. SuSE

Resize Root Filesystem in SUSE Linux

Hello Experts, I am very new to unix environment. Root filesystem in one of our Linux boxes has almost reached 100%. is there a procedure/ way to resize the root filesystem. ****************************************************** ld8331:/ # df -h|more Filesystem Size Used... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok1784
2 Replies

6. AIX

Dynamic LUN resize

Anyone know how to resize a LUN (if SAN disk array has increased the LUN size) and have AIX LVM know about it? Or is it automatic? Equivalent vxvm command is something like: vxdisk resize size= (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apra143
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

resize a filesystem in solaris 10

i am facing a problem, i would like to resize a file system called /pcard04 i am not useing any voulme manager and we have a NETAPP center storge. what i did is root@cms-dev # df -h | grep /pcard04 /dev/dsk/c4t60A9800043346C35636F2D6D4F354743d0s0 5.2G 4.0G 1.0G 80% /pcard04 then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Creating filesystem on new LUN

I'm new to linux and need information on how do I create a filesytem on a dedicated on LUN for RHEL 4 and 5? I want the filesystem to be a ext3 ---------- Post updated at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:56 AM ---------- Found the answer. This thread can be closed. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Resizing the Root Filesystem

Is it possible to increase the root filesystem size without reboot ?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
4 Replies

10. AIX

Resize Lun

Good afternoon! Help with a solution I have AIX 7.1 works through vios I expanded Lun that it is necessary to make that aix saw this change and to expand the section lvm Sorry for my English (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iformats
1 Replies
resize(1X)																resize(1X)

NAME
resize - set TERMCAP and terminal settings to current xterm window size SYNOPSIS
resize [-u] [-c] [-s[row col]] OPTIONS
The following options may be used with resize: This option indicates that Bourne shell commands should be generated even if the user's cur- rent shell is not /bin/sh. This option indicates that C shell commands should be generated even if the user's current shell is not /bin/csh. This option indicates that Sun console escape sequences will be used instead of the special xterm escape code. If rows and col- umns are given, resize will ask the xterm to resize itself. However, the window manager may choose to disallow the change. DESCRIPTION
The resize command prints a shell command for setting the TERM and TERMCAP environment variables to indicate the current size of xterm win- dow from which the command is run. For this output to take effect, resize must either be evaluated as part of the command line (usually done with a shell alias or function) or else redirected to a file which can then be read in. From the C shell (usually known as /bin/csh), the following alias could be defined in the user's % alias rs 'set noglob; eval `resize`' After resizing the window, the user would type: % rs Users of versions of the Bourne shell (usually known as /bin/sh) that do not have command functions will need to send the output to a tem- porary file and the read it back in with the "." command: $ resize > /tmp/out $ . /tmp/out FILES
for the base termcap entry to modify. user's alias for the command. BUGS
The -u or -c must appear to the left of -s if both are specified. SEE ALSO
csh(1), tset(1), xterm(1X) AUTHORS
Mark Vandevoorde (MIT-Athena), Edward Moy (Berkeley) Copyright (c) 1984, 1985 by X Consortium See X(1X) for a complete copyright notice. resize(1X)