Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding log files that match number pattern Post 302829301 by RudiC on Thursday 4th of July 2013 01:26:07 PM
Old 07-04-2013
Code:
ls file[3-9].log file1[0-9].log file20.log

---------- Post updated at 19:26 ---------- Previous update was at 19:19 ----------

In a recent bash, you can set the option extglob, and then use
Code:
la log_file_*([3-9]|1[0-9]|20).log

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed for finding closest pattern to a line number

hi guys, I want to do pattern matching with awk or sed but I don't know how. here's what I want: I have a line number for a pattern that I have already found using grep, and I know a pattern like "---" that happens a few lines above that certain line number. I want to print out the chunk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alirezan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding Unique strings which match pattern

I need to grep for a pattern in a file. Files are huge and have several repeated occurances of the strings which match pattern. I just need the strings which contain the pattern in the output. For eg. The contents of my file are as follows. The pattern I want to match by is ABCD ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tektips
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting N lines match number X of a pattern

Hi All, as the title says I need to extract N lines after match number X of a pattern. e.g. 111 xxx xxx 111 yyy yyy 111 www www 111 zzz zzz I would like to extract the two lines after the second 111 occurrence. I tried with grep but I didn't find any options to do that. Any... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding all files that do not match a certain pattern

I hope I'm asking this the right way -- I've been sending out a lot of resumes and some of them I saw on Craigslist -- so I named the file as 'Craigslist -- (filename)'. Well I noticed that at least one of the files was misspelled as 'Craigslit.' I want to eventually try to write a shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on awk for finding the column number using a match word

Hi Guys, Please help me out in my situation of writing a shell script Exampl:I have a output like asnapply 1 2 3 apply_server=1 apply_schema=ASN asnapply 1 2 3 apply_server=2 apply_schema=ASN Now i need output like asnacmd applysever=1 applyschema=ASN stop asnacmd applysever=2... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mallak
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern to match decimal number and interger

Hi, i've a code if (($A && ((!($A =~ /^\d+$/))))) { -- -- not a number } else { --- its number. } which matches for integer value, i need to modify that pattern where it matches decimal number with 2 decimal points and also integer value. for eg: values 10, 10.00. 0.1, 1 , 3 must... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep - match files containing minimum number of pattern matches

I want to search a bunch of files and list only those containing a minimum number of pattern matches. So if I want to identify files containing 3 (or more) instances of the pattern "said:" and I have file1 that contains the lines: He said: She said: and file2 that contains the lines: He... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stumpyuk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match pattern and print the line number of occurence using awk

Hi, I have a simple problem but i guess stupid enough to figure it out. i have thousands rows of data. and i need to find match patterns of two columns and print the number of rows. for example: inputfile abd abp 123 abc abc 325 ndc ndc 451 mjk lkj... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep patterns in a file and limit number of matches to print for each pattern match

Hi I need to egrep patterns in a file and limit number of matches to print for each matched pattern. -m10 option is not working out in my sun solaris 5.10 Please guide me the options to achieve. if i do head -10 , i wont be getting all pattern match results as output since for a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananan
10 Replies
FAXCRON(8)						      System Manager's Manual							FAXCRON(8)

NAME
faxcron - HylaFAX routine maintenance script SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxcron [ -n ] [ -l lastrun ] DESCRIPTION
faxcron is a command script that does routine upkeep tasks in a HylaFAX spooling directory hierarchy. This script is intended to be invoked from cron(8) on behalf of the fax user (often the ``fax'' user is uucp) once a day, with the standard output sent by mail to the HylaFAX administrator. For example, the following crontab might be set up for the fax user: 25 23 * * * sh /usr/sbin/faxcron | mail FaxMaster The faxcron script does the following work: o report statistics for facsimile transmitted since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile transmitted in the past week. o report statistics for facsimile received since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile received in the past week. o report any recent calls that failed suspiciously and return the associated trace log; o purge data that is 30 days or older from the remote machine information directory; o delete information that is 30 days or older from session trace log files; o remove files from the tmp directory that are older than 1 day; o remove files in the received facsimile queue that are 7 days or older; o report sites that are currently having jobs rejected; and o force all session log files to be owned by the fax user and kept with protection mode 644. OPTIONS
-n Forces faxcron to run without updating any files. -l lastrun Forces the notion of the last time that faxcron was run to be lastrun. The value of lastrun is a date and time string of the form ``MM/DD/YY HH:MM'' (the date(1) format string ``%D %H:%M''). -info n Set the expiration time for data in the info database to be n days. -log n Set the expiration time for session log data to be n days. -rcv n Set the expiration time for files in the received facsimile queue to be n days. -tmp n Set the expiration time for files in the tmp directory to be n days. -mode m Set the file protection mode for session logs to m (a command line argument to chmod(1)). NOTES
This script requires nawk(1) or gawk(1) and a date (1) program that supports the ``+format'' option. If session logs are to be kept private this script must be modified to filter out sensitive information such as calling card numbers. (It should also be run with ``-mode 0600'' so that session log files are not publicly readable.) FILES
/var/spool/hylafax spooling area /var/spool/hylafax/status/lastrun timestamp of last run /usr/sbin/xferfaxstats for generating transmit statistics /usr/sbin/recvstats for generating receive statistics /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxcronXXXX temporary file for truncating session logs /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxlogXXXX temporary file for logs of failed calls SEE ALSO
cron(8), faxq(8), faxgetty(8), faxsend(8), xferfaxstats(8), recvstats(8), hylafax-server(5) May 12, 1996 FAXCRON(8)