Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat What fields we need to consider ntpq -p output? Post 302828837 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 3rd of July 2013 09:39:28 AM
Old 07-03-2013

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting fields from an output 8-)

I am getting a variable as x=2006/01/18 now I have to extract each field from it. Like x1=2006, x2=01 and x3=18. Any idea how? Thanks a lot for help. Thanks CSaha (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaha
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Merge Fields for Print Output

I've got a file with each record on a separate line and each record contains 34 fields separated by a colon and i'm trying to re-arrange the order of the fields and merge together certain fields separated by a slash (like field7/field28). I tried using an awk print statement like awk -F: 'BEGIN... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RacerX
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get an output by combining fields from two different files

Hi guys, I couldn't find solution to this problem. If anyone knows please help me out. your guidance is highly appretiated. I have two files - FILE1 has the following 7 columns ( - has been added to make columns visible enough else columns are separated by single space) 155.34 - leg - 1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: smriti_shridhar
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

output of ntpq -p

Howdy guys, I have 2 sun solaris server(T200) in cluster mode. I put the command below ntpq -p. I need your help to understand the output. I plan to change the date and time in both server. node1:/home/mydir> ntpq -p remote refid st t when poll reach delay ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to compare diff output by fields

Diff output as follows: < AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE 123 > PPP QQQ RRR SSS TTT 111 > VVV WWW XXX YYY ZZZ 333 > AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE 124 How can i use awk to compare the last field to determine if the counter has increased, and need to ensure that the first 4 fields must have the same... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ux4me
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare 2 CSV fields from same diff output

Attached is a file called diff.txt It is the output from this command: diff -y --suppress-common-lines --width=5000 1.txt 2.txt > diff.txt I have also attached 1.txt and 2.txt for your convenience. Both 1.txt and 2.txt contain one very long CSV string. File 1.txt is a CSV dump of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in ntpq

Hi i an not able to understand what below command in saying in its O/P what i understand is the astrick(*) one is acting as a ntp master. but not able to understand what insane and sys.peer here means. # ntpq ntpq> pe remote refid st when poll reach delay ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Ntpq - when=9d - not right?

Problem with external aerial and galleonm time server just turned back on. I'm guessing this is telling me its not worked for 9 days? Should I now force a poll or wait? $ntpq -p remote refid st t when poll reach delay offset disp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fields in the Output of ls -ltr for a directory

Could you please let me know what each of the output fields in ls -ltr for a directory imply. Example : drwxrwsr-x 4294967295 infamgr infagrp 2147549184 Sep 2 17:01 job basically would want to know 4294967295 and 2147549184 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: infernalhell
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match output fields agains two patterns

I need to print field and the next one if field matches 'patternA' and also print 'patternB' fields. echo "some output" | awk '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){if($i ~ /patternA/){print $i, $(i+1)}elif($i ~ /patternB/){print $i}}}' This code returnes me 'syntax error'. Pls advise how to do properly. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)