Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Merge files by col value
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merge files by col value Post 302828297 by pamu on Tuesday 2nd of July 2013 08:32:44 AM
Old 07-02-2013
Code:
awk '{for(i=3;i<=NF;i++){A[$1,$2,FILENAME,i]=$i};B[$1,$2]++;C[FILENAME]++}
    END{for(ind in B){split(ind,P,SUBSEP);S=P[1]" "P[2];
    for(i=1;i<=2;i++){for(file in C){
    t=A[P[1],P[2],file,i+2]?A[P[1],P[2],file,i+2]:"0"
    S=S" "t}}print S}}' File1 File2 File3

1 B 1 1 0 2 4 0
2 C 0 2 5 0 4 6
2 D 0 0 4 0 0 5
1 A 2 0 0 4 0 0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two col from 2 files, and output uniq from file 1

Hi, I can't find how to achive such thing, please help. I have try with uniq and comm but those command can't compare columns just whole lines, I think awk will be the best but awk is magic for me as of now. file a a1~a2~a3~a4~a6~a7~a8 file b b1~b2~b3~b4~b6~b7~b8 output 1: compare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pp56825
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge files of differrent size with one field common in both files using awk

hi, i am facing a problem in merging two files using awk, the problem is as stated below, file1: A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|1 M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|2 AA|BB|CC|DD|EE|FF|GG|HH|II|1 .... .... .... file2 : 1|Mn|op|qr (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi1982
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Match col 1 of File 1 with col 1 File 2 and create a 3rd file

Hello, I have a 1.6 GB file that I would like to modify by matching some ids in col1 with the ids in col 1 of file2.txt and save the results into a 3rd file. For example: File 1 has 1411 rows, I ignore how many columns it has (thousands) File 2 has 311 rows, 1 column Would like to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sogi
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: list files with 1rst col=N and char position 123=N

I need to list all files where 1rst column=ABK and char position 123 to 125=ZBK: For the first part I can I can do a awk '{$1="ABK";print}' file and for the second a cut -c123-125 file | grep ZBK but this would only work partially.. How can I do this with only one awk command ? Thanks in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cabrao
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Print line based on highest value of col (B) and repetion of values in col (A)

Hello everyone, I am writing a script to process data from the ATP world tour. I have a file which contains: t=540 y=2011 r=1 p=N409 t=540 y=2011 r=2 p=N409 t=540 y=2011 r=3 p=N409 t=540 y=2011 r=4 p=N409 t=520 y=2011 r=1 p=N409 t=520 y=2011 r=2 p=N409 t=520 y=2011 r=3 p=N409 The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imahmoud
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to join files with diff col # and row #?

I am a new user of Unix/Linux, so this question might be a bit simple! I am trying to join two (very large) files that both have different # of cols and rows in each file. I want to keep 'all' rows and 'all' cols from both files in the joint file, and the primary key variables are in the rows.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BNasir
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking in a directory how many files are present and basing on that merge all the files

Hi, My requirement is,there is a directory location like: :camp/current/ In this location there can be different flat files that are generated in a single day with same header and the data will be different, differentiated by timestamp, so i need to verify how many files are generated... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing from col x to end of line, except last col

Hello, I have some tab delimited data and I need to move the last col. I could hard code it, awk '{ print $1,$NF,$2,$3,$4,etc }' infile > outfile but it would be nice to know the syntax to print a range cols. I know in cut you can do, cut -f 1,4-8,11- to print fields 1,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying col values based on another col

Hi, Please help with this. I have several excel files (with and .xlsx format) with 10-15 columns each. They all have the same type of data but the columns are not ordered in the same way. Here is a 3 column example. What I want to do add the alphabet from column 2 to column 3, provided... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie83
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge files and generate a resume in two files

Dear Gents, Please I need your help... I need small script :) to do the following. I have a thousand of files in a folder produced daily. I need first to merge all files called. txt (0009.txt, 0010.txt, 0011.txt) and and to output a resume of all information on 2 separate files in csv... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
14 Replies
INTLTOOL-MERGE(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 INTLTOOL-MERGE(8)

NAME
intltool-merge - merge translated strings into various file types such as XML SYNOPSIS
intltool-merge [ -v|--version ] [ -h|--help ] [ -q|--quiet ] [ -d|--desktop-style ] [ -k|--keys-style ] [ -o|--oaf-style ] [ -x|--xml-style ] [ -u|--utf8 ] [ -p|--pass-through ] PO_DIRECTORY FILENAME OUTPUT_FILE DESCRIPTION
Merge translated strings in po files in PO_DIRECTORY with the original application file FILENAME, and output the file OUTPUT_FILE contain- ing both the original and the localized strings. Afterwards the application xml file will contain repeated xml-nodes where each one contains one of all translations and a xml:lang attribute. OPTIONS
-v, --version Show version information. -h, --help Show usage and basic help information. -q, --quiet Be quiet while running. -d, --desktop-style Merge files in desktop style, which is similar to the Windows .ini file format. -k, --keys-style Merge files in the keys style, which is used for metadata. -x, --oaf-style Merge files in the oaf style. -x, --xml-style Merge files in the XML style, both as attributes and as raw pcdata. -u, --utf8 Convert all strings to UTF-8 before merging. -p, --pass-through Use strings as found in .po files, without conversion (STRONGLY unrecommended with -x). REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://bugzilla.gnome.org or by sending email to xml-i18n-tools@gnome.org. AUTHOR
Darin Adler <darin@bentspoon.com> Kenneth Christiansen <kenneth@gnu.org> Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@eazel.com> SEE ALSO
intltoolize(8), xml-18n-prepare(8), intltool-extract(8), intltool-update(8) intltool February 14, 2002 INTLTOOL-MERGE(8)