Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cron: Clock generating
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cron: Clock generating Post 302827553 by jcdole on Saturday 29th of June 2013 09:37:35 AM
Old 06-29-2013
Hello.
When rsyslog starts during boot ( or when it is restarted by hand ) , it read a config file which indicate some filter to use. And the filter syntax permit the use of environment variable as in my example "getenv('A_VAR_FLAG')" .

So do you mean that even if the global variable A_VAR_FLAG is created before rsyslog start, I have no way to change the point of view of rsyslog about the value of the variable A_VAR_FLAG ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clock Trouble

Hey ppl, i was wonddering, in mandrake, how to get the clok to display the time in non-military format....hehe thank you im just tired of looking at 18:00 hehe thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LolapaloL
2 Replies

2. Programming

clock() function

Hey all, i need a program to get the CPU ticks at certain points of my program. So, i thought about using the clock function, but i'm having a hard time figuring out how it really works. I wrote this simple program to try to understand it but it made me feel more confused: #include <stdio.h>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kastrup_carioca
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

clock change

Hi We had a AIX box built last year but was set to the correct GMT time, but using DST time zone. In march this year the clocks went forward without issues. (if I remember a couple of weeks early due to the DST zone) This year we decided to change the clock to the correct time zone before... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: markab2
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Bugs with clock()

Hi there!!! Need your help in solving some tricky problems. Since clock() as such is buggy on SUN OS 5 we have started using gettimeofday() in our RTOS applications based on Solaris 9. The problems we actually encountered previously were - the applications kind of freeze/hang eternally on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smanu
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems in generating the mail from cron -- very urgent help me

Hi, I wrote a script which generates a mail automatically under certain condition. When i execute the script manually in unix the script is getting executed and the condition works accordingly and the mail is also generated. But when it is pu into cron the mail is not generated and the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thiru_cs
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sync Solaris System Clock With PDC Using Cron

Hi, I currently use the ntpdate and date command to sync the internal clock source of my Solaris systems to the primary domain controller. admin@myserver # ntpdate -d -u 192.168.???.??? 14 Jan 17:42:02 ntpdate: ntpdate 3-5.93e+sun 03/06/05 23:16:45 (1.4) transmit(192.168.???.???)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
2 Replies

7. Programming

problem with clock()

#include<iostream> #include<time.h> using namespace std; int main() { system("date"); clock_t start = clock(); int i=9*8; while(i--) { int j=9999999; while(j--); } clock_t end = clock(); double elapsed =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnbach
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Showing Clock

Is it possible to display the clock (timing) on the screen all the time. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino.paal
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cron job scheduled is running once, but reports are generating twice

Team, Hope you all are doing fine I have one admin server which is being used dedicately to run cron jobs on hourly basis, fetching the details from Database which is in a different server.These cronjob are run on every hourly/5 minutes basis depending as per end user requirement.The script... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
12 Replies
cron(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   cron(8)

NAME
cron - The system clock daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cron DESCRIPTION
The cron daemon runs shell commands at specified dates and times. Commands that are to run according to a regular or periodic schedule are found within the crontab files. Commands that are to run once only are found within the at files. You submit crontab and at file entries by using the crontab and at commands. Because the cron process exits only when killed or when the system stops, only one cron daemon should exist on the system at any given time. Normally, you start the cron daemon from within a run command file. During process initialization and when cron detects a change, it examines the crontab and at files. This strategy reduces the overhead of checking for new or changed files at regularly scheduled intervals. The cron command creates a log of its activities. The cron daemon must be started from the system startup scripts because it must begin execution without a login user ID set. The cron daemon starts each job with the following process attributes stored with the job by the invoking process: Login user ID Effective and real user IDs Effective and real group IDs Supplementary groups It also establishes the following attributes from the authentication profile of the account associated with the login user ID of the invok- ing process: Audit control and disposition masks Kernel authorizations DIAGNOSTICS
The at and batch programs will refuse to accept jobs submitted from processes whose login user ID is different from the real user ID. FILES
Specifies the command path. Main cron directory Directory containing the crontab files. List of allowed users. List of denied users His- tory information for cron Queue description file for at, batch, and cron RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: at(1), crontab(1), rc0(8), rc2(8), rc3(8) Files: queuedefs(4) delim off cron(8)