Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File cannot execute
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File cannot execute Post 302827017 by coldler on Thursday 27th of June 2013 06:13:37 PM
Old 06-27-2013
Yeah, I think I can. The thing is, my manager can run it, so I'm thinking maybe it's something about my own environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alister
Can you run other executables from that directory? If not, perhaps the filesystem is mounted NOEXEC.

Regards,
Alister

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No permission to execute file

I am logged in as root and am trying to execute a file called x_cleanup_equdata but keep getting the message ksh: x_cleanup_equdataNEW: 0403-006 Execute permission denied. I did FTP this file from another server using GET, would this make the difference? I tried chmod 666 but still no luck. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markbeeson
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to execute 2 scripts, wait, execute 2 more wait, till end of file

:cool: I need to execute a shell script to do the following: cat a file run two back ground processes using the first two values from the file wait till those background processes finish run two more background processes using the next two values from the file wait till those background... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: halo98
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute a file from a different account

Okay, I have this homework assignment, and I think I have it all down path, but I just need help with this one line. Write a C Shell script that can be run under any CECS unix account and the script produces the following three lines output on the screen. Requirements 1. The first line in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DemonGal711
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cannot execute binary file

HI, i am trying to execute one .bin file which is a pre-installed (not compiled by me). But I am getting the error "cannot execute binary file".I checked the permissions and everything is ok. also I checked ldd <bin-filename> andit showed a msg "not a dynamic executable" Can anyone help in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhag281
4 Replies

5. SuSE

can not execute binary file

When I am trying to execute a script created by Perl2exe in Linux SLES 8.1 running with virtual machine on mainframe s/390 ....I am getting "cannot execute binary file".... In the linux server which are not in mainframe the scripts are fine..... Thanks for help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anu10
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute file without extension

Hi, I have some perl script with names like abc.pl etc. I am Solaris 9 and i am not able to run "abc", either I have to do perl abc.pl OR ./abc.pl. Could you someone provide me an insight or reference on this. So that I can understand the basic, and apply it for my purpose. Thanks John. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I execute my file so it does one of 2 algorithms? such as ./file SPN??

Hi I completed a project for school where we had to do cpu scheduling by reading in a file processes.txt and then doing 2 algorithms on it and printing out the order in which processes execute (current time to current process executing) and then doing some calculations (turn around time, etc.).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: razrnaga
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find specific file names and execute a command depending on file's name

Hi, As a newbie, I'm desperate ro make my shell script work. I'd like a script which checks all the files in a directory, check the file name, if the file name ends with "extracted", store it in a variable, if it has a suffix of ".roi" stores in another variable. I'm going to use these two... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: armando110
3 Replies

9. Web Development

Cannot execute sh file using button click in php file in apache

I the problem that i facing is cannot use button click to execute the sh file that store in the same location. the program file is a php file and running in apache2. the code that i run is show below <button onclick="sh()" name="sh">SH</button> <script type='text/javascript'> function sh()... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhengkoon8
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a file and if exists , execute a different file

Good Morning All, I'm a novice and please excuse me if i did miss some of the forum rules. What my intention is, i have a file (services) residing @ /u01/Oracle/services. I know i can use the find command to find the "service" file. I get this file from a windows box and there is no certain... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinkingeye
8 Replies
E2FSADM(8)						      System Manager's Manual							E2FSADM(8)

NAME
e2fsadm - ext2 filesystem / LVM administration SYNOPSIS
e2fsadm [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] {[-l|--extents] [+|-]LogicalExtentsNumber|" [-L|--size] [+|-]LogicalVolumeSize[kKmMgGtT]} [-n|--nofsck] [-v|--verbose] [--version] LogicalVolumePath DESCRIPTION
e2fsadm allows resizing of a logical volume containing a mounted or unmounted ext2 filesystem. For unmounted filesystems it can extend the logical volume and grow the filesystem using resize2fs(8) or ext2resize(8), or shrink the filesystem and then reduce the logical volume afterwards. For mounted filesystems it can extend the logical volume and grow the filesystem using ext2online(8). OPTIONS -d, --debug Enables additional debugging output (if compiled with DEBUG). -h, --help Print a usage message on standard output and exit successfully. -l, --extents [+|-]LogicalExtentsNumber Resize the filesystem/logical volume to or by the number of logical extents. If you use + or - then the number will be relative the th current size of the logical volume, otherwise the volume will be resized to LogicalExtentsNumber extents. -L, --size [+|-]LogicalVolumeSize[kKmMgGtT] Resize the filesystem/logical volume to or by the given size. If you use + or - then the number will be relative the the current size of the logical volume, otherwise the volume will be resized to LogicalVolumeSize. A size suffix of K for kilobytes, M for megabytes, G for gigabytes or T for terabytes can be used. -n, --nofsck Avoid the filesystem check before the resize operation. A filesystem check is mandatory before resize2fs(8), but is optional for ext2resize(8), and is not allowed for ext2online(8) because the filesystem is mounted. Useful if a check has been done before starting e2fsadm. -t, --test Test run without real resizing. -v , --verbose Gives verbose runtime information about e2fsadm's activities. --version Print version number and exit successfully. DIAGNOSTICS
e2fsadm calls e2fsck(8), lvextend(8), lvreduce(8), and resize2fs(8), ext2resize(8), or ext2online(8) internally. By default, for mounted filesystems e2fsadm will look for resize2fs first, and failing that it will look for ext2resize. For mounted filesystems it will try to run ext2online. It returns an exit code of 0 for success or > 0 for error: 1 the filesystem size is invalid 2 the logical volume name is missing 3 the logical volume name is invalid 4 the logical volume doesn't exist 5 an error occured while reading the VGDA 6 an error occured while resizing the filesystem 7 /proc/mounts is not available 8 the filesystem is mounted 9 the filesystem type is not ext2 10 the e2fsck(8) command is missing or was not found 11 resize2fs(8) is missing or was not found 12 unable to run e2fsck(8) 13 unable to run resize2fs(8) 14 an error occured while reading the logical volume 15 logical volume size error 16 lvextend(8) is missing or was not found 17 unable to run lvextend(8) 18 lvreduce(8) is missing or was not found 19 unable to run lvreduce(8) 95 driver/module not in kernel 96 invalid I/O protocol version 97 error locking logical volume manager 98 invalid lvmtab (run vgscan(8)) 99 invalid command line ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
E2FSADM_RESIZE_CMD Command to call instead of resize2fs(8). E2FSADM_RESIZE_OPTS Options for the EXT2_RESIZE_CMD. E2FSADM_ONLINE_CMD Command to call instead of ext2online(8). E2FSADM_ONLINE_OPTS Options for the EXT2_ONLINE_CMD. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), lvcreate(8), lvextend(8), lvreduce(8), resize2fs(8), ext2resize(8), ext2online(8) AUTHOR
Heinz Mauelshagen <Linux-LVM@Sistina.com> Heinz Mauelshagen LVM TOOLS E2FSADM(8)