Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Smarter conditional script with Table Post 302826609 by Just Ice on Thursday 27th of June 2013 03:13:04 AM
Old 06-27-2013
you can use case ... sample below assumes only one group notified per run - remove break in case statement if not required ...

file.txt (created manually or from mysql command)
Code:
IRC
PTM
ADM
BS

script
Code:
CNT=0    # use to check if any of the group errors are found
for GRP in $(< file.txt)
do
     echo $CHECKER | grep $GRP > /dev/null
     if [ $? -eq 0 ]
     then
           CNT=$(($CNT + 1))
           case $GRP in 
           ADM)message=$message2;;
           IRC) message=$message2;;
	   PTM) message=$message2;;
            BS) message=$message2;;
           esac
           eval SUBJECT=\$${GRP}subject
           eval ADDLIST=\$${GRP}emails
           for EMAIL_ADDRESS in $ADDLIST
           do
	        echo $message | mailx -s "$SUBJECT" -a From:$SENDER $EMAIL_ADDRESS
	   done
           echo " email sent to $GRP contacts"
           break
    fi
done

if [ $CNT -eq 0 ]
then
      $SPAM
fi

Last edited by Just Ice; 06-27-2013 at 04:25 AM.. Reason: fixed break location

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusion over a small conditional script

Hi, I was going through a file containing hundreds of lines of codes having conditional statement written as: log() { echo $@ } num=$(/usr/bin/rsh <one_machine> -l root 'ls -d /home/user/db* 2> /dev/null' | wc -w) (( num > 0 )) && log "db info:" so,if here the return value(stored in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit4g
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional Date Script

I am learning Unix for the first time. I am playing around with my default profile file to add some script in the KSH. The time format is GMT and I am in eastern time zone. I am trying to script some greetings based upon the time of day using the IF/ELIF conditions. I am getting errors. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpd259
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script for conditional execution

Below is my shell script. I am trying to execute two different BTEQ scripts depending on the day of the week. So on a saturday I will execute a certain BTEQ script and on other weekdays I will run the other script. #!/bin/ksh dt=`date +"%a"` if then bteq > final_output <<- EOF .run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mihirjani
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional Execution of a Script.

I have a unix shell script Test.sh more Test.sh echo "Calling dbquery1.sh...." ./dbquery1.sh echo "Calling dbquery2.sh...." ./dbquery2.sh more dbquery1.sh sqlplus -s user1/password1@DB_SID @/tmp/storedprocedures/Hello.rcp I run Test.sh However, I do not want dbquery2.sh to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with conditional clauses for script output

Hello. I am new this site as well as new to shell scripting and this is my first form... Please help me with the following shell script. I am executing a shell script to run every 15 min (scheduled in cronjob) and it gives an output in an output file which is e-mailed. CONCCOUNT=`cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jamessteevens
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Conditional Script

Hi, I have a script file which has some simple commands. I want these commands to be executed based on the input. Ia m good with IF statement also. At the end it has to be based on incoming value. Example CASE 1 : Execute some commands where Input value as 1 CASE 2 : Execute... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrupatel
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Smarter way to read $1 $2 in php

Hello, I am running under ubuntu14.04 with php5. When I run below php, it creates a token, then adds axaxax and bxbxbx into pc database, and at last, kills created token. What I am trying to do is to add userid and password read from a file. I do not wish to enter username and password manually.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
3 Replies
times(1)							   User Commands							  times(1)

NAME
times - shell built-in function to report time usages of the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh times ksh times DESCRIPTION
sh Print the accumulated user and system times for processes run from the shell. ksh Print the accumulated user and system times for the shell and for processes run from the shell. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), sh(1), time(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 times(1)