Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Raw Socket Programming - Efficient Packet Sniffer Post 302826483 by Corona688 on Wednesday 26th of June 2013 04:42:16 PM
Old 06-26-2013
Without seeing your code, or even knowing what language it's written in, it's difficult to know how to improve it.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Getting an ACK for RAW SYN packet

Hi, I'm trying to create a RAW TCP SYN packet and send it from one Linux machine to another. I know the packet I have created is well formed and is received by the peer. Now what I want is to get an ACK for my SYN. I want the peer's Network protocol stack to send me an ACK for that. I know... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: zampya
17 Replies

2. Linux

Kernel programming: packet divertion

Hi All, Not sure if this is the right place to ask, so please tell me where is appropriate... Anyway, here is the problem. I'm a bit new to kernel programming, so nothing works :confused: . I need to intercept cetrtain ethernet packets from Host1("eth0") to Host2("eth1") and send them to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sl_king
1 Replies

3. Programming

sendto in packet socket

Hi, I have created a packet socket (PF_PACKET, SOCK_DGRAM, htons(ETH_P_ARP)) to catch the ARP packets coming to my machine and send appropriate reply. Now I'm able to recieve the ARP requests using recvfrom but don't know how to send the reply. I looked into man page but I'm not able to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
5 Replies

4. Programming

RAW socket and CONFIG_FILTER

Hi, Im doin a project on DHCp client-server setup. i have to use RAW sockets in the code for this. The call PF_PACKET, SOCK_RAW as the first two arguments. The code compiles but when i try to start the Dhcp client, I get an error saying "Make sure CONFIG_PACKET and CONFIG_FILTER is enabled". I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yannifan
4 Replies

5. IP Networking

Changing the source IP?? using RAW Socket.

Hi There, Suppoose we have configured logical Interface 2.2.2.2 on a server with Primary IP 1.1.1.1. Now when I am sending a packet from this server, is it possible to make receiver assume that this packet has come from IP 2.2.2.2 and not 1.1.1.1 I think it is possibl using RAW sockets??? but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ankit_Jain
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why root permissions required for creating of RAW Socket

To create RAW socket in Unix/Linux why should one have root permissions? Any other work around to create raw sockets in Unix/Linux using a normal login id? Since I don't have super user credentials and I want to create RAW sockets. Let me know if you are aware of any work around. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilgurwara
3 Replies

7. Programming

Writing a Packet sniffer

Hi, I want to write a packet sniffer in C without using libpcap. Can anyone suggest me how to begin writing it? Any tutorials or books? Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nefarious_genus
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

Raw Sockets Programming

Hi everybody!! I'm studding at the university raw sockets, but i can't find a good place to read about them... Does anybody now where i can find some information??? I've been goggling a lot but couldn't find nothing useful, just man pages... by the way, I'm programming under Linux... Bye! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sandia_man
4 Replies

9. Programming

Receiving broadcast packets using packet socket

Hello I try to send DHCP RENEW packets to the network and receive the responses. I broadcast the packet and I can see that it's successfully sent using Wireshark. But I have difficulties receiving the responses.I use packet sockets to catch the packets. I can see that there are responses to my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
0 Replies
ecppl(1)							Tntnet users guide							  ecppl(1)

NAME
ecppl - language-extractor for ecpp SYNOPSIS
ecppl [-I dir] [-ln] [-o output-filename] ecpp-filename DESCRIPTION
Ecppl is the language-extractor for ecpp. Ecpp - the template-language used with tntnet - supports internationalized applications. In ecpp-templates a tag <i18n> changes the meaning of curly braces. A phrase, which is enclosed in curly braces, can be translated. At run- time the phrase is looked up in a language-library. This mode can be quit with the tag </i18n>. Phrases must not have newlines or tabs. Every phrase, which is marked as translatable, is extracted with ecppl and written to standard output or to a specified output-filename line by line. OPTIONS
-I dir Search include-files in directory. This option can be passed multiple times. All specified directories are searched in turn for include-files. -l Extract language-phrases (the default) -n Extract non-language-phrases -o filename Specify output filename AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Tommi Makitalo <tommi@tntnet.org>. SEE ALSO
tntnet(1), ecpp(7), ecppll(1). Tntnet 2006-08-26 ecppl(1)