Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash display error
Operating Systems Solaris Bash display error Post 302826019 by solaris_1977 on Tuesday 25th of June 2013 04:25:05 PM
Old 06-25-2013
You are right, it was mentioned in ~/.bashrc. I removed that line and it fixed the issue. Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to display directories in Path?

Hello there, As a newbie: The directories in PATH can be hard to distinguish when printed out as one line with colon .Please, can i have a sample script to display them,one to a line. Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: debut
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display runnning countdown in a bash script?

I am looking for a way to display on a single line, a running countdown for a given amount of time in a terminal using a bash script. I am looking for this to use as part of a larger bash script that captures Video. The script sets up a bunch of parameters for DVgrab, and one of the parameters... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Starcast
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Help: users who are not logged into the system to display

A Newbie here, I am working on a script and am having problems with the else part of the script. I can't get the users who are not logged into the system to display on the screen with their username and the text "The user is not logged in". I am sure it is something simple and stupid, but I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rchirico
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error info

Hi all, How to: Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error information. For example: I have a bash script called test.sh now I want to run the test.sh and display the output on the screen and save the output including error info to a file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon sine
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display output bash program

Hello, i have a problem with the output from my bash program. I made this program #!/bin/bash BESTANDEN=$* # Plaatst bestanden in de variabele BESTANDEN TMPFILE=xmlprog.sh.$$.$RANDOM # basisnaam voor tijdelijke bestanden # controller of het programma correct is aangeroepen if then ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dutchspiders
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to display tail

Hi everyone, I'm trying to write a script to format a file using unix2dos. I want to output all but the first 14 lines in a file. Then I want to pipe this to unix2dos to convert the output to a file that's easily readable on windows. Here's what I have: export Lines=`wc -l < $1` export... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: LuminalZero
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Info Display

I have written the following bash function prArgv Suppose the calling sequence is as follows prArgv VAL1 VAL2 DESC VAL3 VAL4 v2d1 s4 p15 The call will look at the tag k1v2, add the numbers together, in this case 2+1=3 This means that the function will look at the first 3 user arguments... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display-performance in terminal, bash or python?

Heyas I've been working on my project TUI (Text User Interface) for quite some time now, its a hobby project, so nothing i sit in front of 8hrs/day. Since the only 'real' programming language i knw is Visual Basic, based upon early steps with MS-Batch files. When i 'joined' linux 3 years ago,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display user selction from bash menu

I am trying to display the text the user selects from a bash menu. The below will display the menu and allow the user to enter a number, but will not display the choice selected. bash while true do printf "\n please make a selection from the MENU \n ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

10. Linux

Bash Display First Friday of the next month

Hello, I need to find the date of next first Friday of the month and set as a variable in a bash script ie - FIRSTFRIDAY=$(date -dfirst-friday +%d) I know date -dfirst-friday doesn't work, but unsure if I can use this / cal + awk or something else to find the right date of the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: summerdays
7 Replies
root_archive(1M)					  System Administration Commands					  root_archive(1M)

NAME
root_archive - manage bootable miniroot archives SYNOPSIS
/boot/solaris/bin/root_archive pack archive root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive unpack archive root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive packmedia solaris_image root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive unpackmedia solaris_image root DESCRIPTION
The root_archive utility is used to manage bootable miniroot archives and is currently only available on x86 platforms. The utility can pack and unpack boot/root archives in both ufs and hsfs (iso9660) format. It will always generate ufs archives. root_archive also uses the lofi file driver to export a file as a block device (see lofi(7D)) and mount to mount or unmount file systems and remote resources (see mount(1M)). root_archive requires the same privileges that are needed to run these commands. SUBCOMMANDS
The root_archive command has the following subcommands: pack archive root Pack from the image found under the root directory to the archive. unpack archive root Unpack from the archive to an unpacked image under the root directory. packmedia solaris_image root Pack the solaris image to the root directory. unpackmedia solaris_image root Unpack the solaris image from the root directory. For packmedia and unpackmedia, other items that do not go into the ramdisk image are copied or uncopied (see cpio(1)) as well. Specifi- cally, this includes all the packaging databases needed for pkgadd and the other packaging utilities to succeed which are not used in the running and hence pruned to conserve memory. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Unpacking the Solaris x86 install image The following command unpacks the current Solaris image from the root directory: # root_archive unpackmedia /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest /export/Boot Where /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest represents a path to a Solaris x86 install image and /export/Boot is a directory that will be purged or created, as necessary. Example 2 Packing the Solaris x86 install image The following command packs the current Solaris image to the root directory: # root_archive packmedia /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest /export/Boot EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The command completed successfully. 1 The command exited due to an error. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cpio(1), bootadm(1M), mount(1M), attributes(5), lofi(7D) SunOS 5.11 26 Sep 2005 root_archive(1M)