Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Query about 'rm' command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Query about 'rm' command Post 302825523 by Yoda on Monday 24th of June 2013 02:00:27 PM
Old 06-24-2013
Yes it is possible. Did you refer rm manual page before posting this question?
Code:
man rm

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

query on grep command

Hai Friends Can anyone provide me a grep command to print x to y lines in a file. For example: grep command to display 15th line to 21st Thanks in advance Collins (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query related to scp command

Hi Friends, I need to execute a scp command to transfer some files from source to target server. Unfortunately the ftp is not working in my case. This scp command needs to be executed via Unix script. I need to know the complete scp command which includes the user-id and password of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
2 Replies

3. Solaris

query on sed command

I have done a script using sed which replaces a string in file. I face 2 problems, while using sed command. 1)last line of the file is missing. 2)if i am are using wild card character in the command, Its not taking the next matching pattern ie if I am giving the pattern abc*def to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iceiceice
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Netstat command query

hy guys, I did netstat and it is listening, what can i do from the client side that to see if the port is open? Regards Charneet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charneet
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep command query

Hi I have file like this: Sun Jan 24 03:00:00 2010: *** Weekly Process - get_ens_files.pl START *** Sun Jan 24 03:00:00 2010: *** *** Sun Jan 24 03:00:00 2010: *************************************************** Sun Jan 24 03:00:11 2010: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query regarding egrep command

Hi All, I am having a query regarding the usage of egrep command. i am having two unix environmanets in environment when i am using "egrep -f" it is working fine and other unix environment i am getting a syntax error. Please let me know if i need to set any environmane variables. ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A query related to 'ls' command

I am executing the ls command to show the contents of a folder, it shows some number in front of word total as highlighted in blue color below quotes. Can anyone please share that what it is? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaib
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep command query

list ALL file entries with a last modification date of September 20. using grep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: polineni
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Query] Confusion of the Swap when using 'free -m' command

Hi All, I have just installed my first Linux server ( Ubuntu 11.10 ). I am sure I didn't allocate /swap , and double check by 'df -h', yes really no /swap but when I use 'free -m' , returned a "Swap" line as below. total used free shared buffers cached Mem: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joaming
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query - date command

Hi, I am trying to capture the total run time of a script which contains SQL's by providing date command in top & bottom, it displaying both the times same in top & bottom.However the time in the sql connection is different.Please help. OS - LINUX Shell - ksh printf "Script Started at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
3 Replies
rmf(1mh)																  rmf(1mh)

Name
       rmf - remove folder

Syntax
       rmf [ +folder ] [ -help ] [ -[no]interactive ]

Description
       The  command  removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself.  If there are any files within the
       folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed.

You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument.  If you do not specify a folder, and cannot find  the
       current folder, asks you whether you want to delete instead.

If the current folder is removed, it makes current.

Note that the command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution.

If  the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and tells you that this has happened.  This
       provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list  and  returning  to  the  current
       folder from which the list was extracted.

Using to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder
       itself.	If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself.

Options
       -help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

-interactive
       -nointeractive
		 Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder.  By default, deletes a folder and its messages without asking	for  confirmation.
		 If  you  specify  the	-interactive option, asks if you are sure before deleting the folder.  You are advised to use this option,
		 since when deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably.

Examples
       This example shows how asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used:
       % rmf -interactive +test
       Remove folder "test"? y

Profile Components
       Path:   To determine the user's Mail directory

Files
       The user profile.

See Also
       rmm(1mh)

rmf(1mh)