Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Binary files damaged after attack on the server Post 302825425 by in2nix4life on Monday 24th of June 2013 11:42:21 AM
Old 06-24-2013
Without knowing the full extent of the compromise, you may be better off backing up pertinent data and rebuilding the box.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

System damaged need help please

Hi there, i have sun solaris 10 running on X86 system P4 box with ATA harddisk, anyway suddenly its started to try to login to the maintenance mode asking for the root password when i give it its mount the partitions as read only but when i try to run fsck on them i got this error: can't stat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for files excluding binary files

Hi All, I need a solution on my following find command find ./.. -name '*.file' -print BTW This gives me the output as belows ./rtlsim/test/ADCONV0/infile/ad0_dagctst.file ./rtlsim/test/ADCONV0/user_command.file ./rtlsim/test/ADCONV0/simv.daidir/scsim.db.dir/scsim.db.file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
2 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

what is the better way to protect my server from DDos Attack

heloo today i have DDos Attack in my server what is the better way to secure my server from DDos Attack i use CentOS 4&5 i try every firewall and talk to softlayer - iweb i've Tried every possible solutions but I can not find a solution to the problems Give Me The best way plzz (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a7medo
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do install binary located on another server

Hi, For an automated install, an install script runs locally on the machine being installed on. This "install script" has to install programs that are located on the install server. How can I script this?I (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

5. AIX

Transferring files from one AIX server to another AIX server in binary mode

Hi, I am a newbie to AIX. We have 2 AIX5.3 servers in our environment, I need to transfer some files in Binary mode from one server to another and some files in ASCII mode from one server to another server. Could you please help me as to how I need to do that? Thanks, Rakesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshc.apps
4 Replies

6. Solaris

How to copy a binary from one server and paste it to another server?

How to copy a binary from one server and paste it to another server? Please help... On server A there is a binary with size 0...I need to copy a binary from server B and replace the 0 size binary on Server A. Kindly Help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul466
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Problem in Postfix server/is my server got some attack

Hi Friends, This is logs of my mail log: mail for yahoo.com.tw is using up 4001 of 6992 active queue entries : 1 Time(s) mail for yahoo.com.tw is using up 4001 of 7018 active queue entries : 1 Time(s) mail for yahoo.com.tw is using up 4001 of 7072 active queue entries : 1 Time(s) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darakas
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to copy a file from one server to anther server and execute the binary

Hi , Is there any script to copy a files (weblogic bianary + silent.xml ) from one server (linux) to another servers and then execute the copy file. We want to copy a file on multiple servers and run the installation. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nawrajesh
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Revive Ad Server MySQL Injection Attack

No rest for the weary, a Revive Ad Server I am responsible for experienced a MySQL injection attack due to a vulnerability uncovered in the past few months. I was busy developing Vue.js code for the forums and thought to myself "I will get around to upgrading to Revive 4.2.0 (supposedly the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
FAIL2BAN(1)						      General Commands Manual						       FAIL2BAN(1)

NAME
fail2ban - a set of server and client programs to limit brute force authentication attempts. DESCRIPTION
Fail2Ban consists of a client, server and configuration files to limit brute force authentication attempts. The server program fail2ban-server is responsible for monitoring log files and issuing ban/unban commands. It gets configured through a simple protocol by fail2ban-client, which can also read configuration files and issue corresponding configuration commands to the server. For details on the configuration of fail2ban see the jail.conf(5) manual page. A jail (as specified in jail.conf) couples filters and actions definitions for any given list of files to get monitored. For details on the command-line options of fail2ban-server see the fail2ban-server(1) manual page. For details on the command-line options and commands for configuring the server via fail2ban-client see the fail2ban-client(1) manual page. For testing regular expressions specified in a filter using the fail2ban-regex program may be of use and its manual page is fail2ban- regex(1). LIMITATION
Fail2Ban is able to reduce the rate of incorrect authentications attempts however it cannot eliminate the risk that weak authentication presents. Configure services to use only two factor or public/private authentication mechanisms if you really want to protect services. A local user is able to inject messages into syslog and using a Fail2Ban jail that reads from syslog, they can effectively trigger a DoS attack against any IP. Know this risk and configure Fail2Ban/grant shell access accordingly. FILES
/etc/fail2ban/* AUTHOR
Manual page written by Daniel Black and Yaroslav Halchenko REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to https://github.com/fail2ban/fail2ban/issues COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Copyright of modifications held by their respective authors. Licensed under the GNU General Public License v2 (GPL). SEE ALSO
fail2ban-server(1) fail2ban-client(1) fail2ban-regex(1) jail.conf(5) Fail2Ban March 2013 FAIL2BAN(1)