Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Getting error while trying to create a Solaris boot instance Post 302825137 by Tenyhwa on Sunday 23rd of June 2013 05:43:48 PM
Old 06-23-2013
Oracle Getting error while trying to create a Solaris boot instance

I issue the following command to create a boot instance from an active boot instance on solaris 11.1.

Code:
beadm create -a -d "Oracle x86 64 BIT Solaris SunOS Rel 5.11 Ver 11.1 10/2012 Enable SSH [BACKUP]" OraSolBcp

I get the following error below;-

Code:
 be_mount_callback: failed to mount dataset rpool/ROOT/OraSolBcp/var at /tmp/.be.AqaW_j/var: directory is not empty 
 be_mount: failed to mount BE (OraSolBcp) on /tmp/.be.AqaW_j 
 be_copy: failed to mount newly created BE 
 be_copy: destroying partially created boot environment 
 be_get_uuid: failed to get uuid property from BE root dataset user properties. 
 Unable to create OraSolBcp. 
 Unable to find message for error code: 1

How do I fix this error?

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 06-25-2013 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: To Add Code Tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix create instance

I would like to create multiple instances in the unix application server for different configuration setting / software version installation. 1. how do i create the instances in a server? if i want to create a test instance should i just do mkdir test_00 n then with cmd set_inst test_00. then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandysong1
4 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris boot problem boot error loading interpreter(misc/krtld)

When I installed the SOLARIS 10 OS first time, the desktop would not start up, this was because of network setup. Reinstalled worked. After a week due to some problem I had to reinstall OS, installation went fine and but when i reboot I get this error. cannot find mis/krtld boot error loading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johncy_j
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Boot Problems, random messages [/etc/rcS: /etc/dfs/sharetab: cannot create]

Hello All, I have all of a sudden developed issues with booting up one of my Solaris Servers. Upon a routine reboot, I was faced with the following errors: Feb 1 07:56:44 sco1-au-tci scsi: WARNING: /pci@1c,600000/scsi@2/sd@0,0 (sd0): Feb 1 07:56:44 sco1-au-tci Error for Command: read(10)... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjtech
9 Replies

4. Solaris

error at boot solaris 10

Hi all, i have problem when booting my sun fire V240 with solaris 10. the errors are follow: ################################################################ Rebooting with command: boot Boot device: disk File and args: SunOS Release 5.10 Version Generic_125100-10 64-bit Copyright... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: faberarnold
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris x86 installation using jumpstart does not local boot ( boot from hdd)

I am trying to install Solaris x86 using the Jumpstart server. I run the add_install_client command with appropriate options, and reboot my x86 Target box. The installation starts fine and unattended. After the installation completes and the target goes for a re-boot, it does not boot from the HDD... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Create a boot disk mirror on Solaris 10 x86

I’m setting up a boot disk mirror on Solaris 10 x86. I’m used to doing it on SPARC, where you can copy the partition table using fmthard. My x86 boot disk has 2 primary partitions, a Solaris one and a diagnostic one. Is there a way to copy those 2 primary partitions to the second disk without... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TKD
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris SPARC boot error

Hi Admins, When i tried to boot the system from ALOM console i am getting below error and not sure what caused this error. Btw the machine is running on Solaris SPARC 10. Can you shed some light on this? {b} ok boot -sv SC Alert: Host System has Reset SC Alert: Host system has... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
23 Replies

8. AIX

Create First boot AIX 6.1

haii guys,.. How make first boot at AIX 6.1 OS. I Will all new install Aix. How the Command make first boot and step by step new installation Aix 6.1 ? have Idea :)? regard williamen (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: williamen
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris stuck during boot after reconfigure boot

Hello, I have a problem with my machine that won't boot properly. The story is that I installed a software called apcupsd, which is a control application for my APC battery UPS. I have used version 3.14.10 earlier, but as part of restoring my previously crashed os harddrive I wanted to... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zorken
18 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 boot problem - ERROR: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss

Hello, We have a T5140 server with Solaris 10 and its suddenly throwing "segmentation core" when I login into the server and not showing any output for commands like df, mount etc. so I had to reboot the server to fix this issue. Please note that there's no boot disk mirroring. But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies
SYSTEMD-FSTAB-GENERATOR(8)                                    systemd-fstab-generator                                   SYSTEMD-FSTAB-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-fstab-generator - Unit generator for /etc/fstab SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-fstab-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-fstab-generator is a generator that translates /etc/fstab (see fstab(5) for details) into native systemd units early at boot and when configuration of the system manager is reloaded. This will instantiate mount and swap units as necessary. The passno field is treated like a simple boolean, and the ordering information is discarded. However, if the root file system is checked, it is checked before all the other file systems. See systemd.mount(5) and systemd.swap(5) for more information about special /etc/fstab mount options this generator understands. One special topic is handling of symbolic links. Historical init implementations supported symlinks in /etc/fstab. Because mount units will refuse mounts where the target is a symbolic link, this generator will resolve any symlinks as far as possible when processing /etc/fstab in order to enhance backwards compatibility. If a symlink target does not exist at the time that this generator runs, it is assumed that the symlink target is the final target of the mount. systemd-fstab-generator implements systemd.generator(7). KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-fstab-generator understands the following kernel command line parameters: fstab=, rd.fstab= Takes a boolean argument. Defaults to "yes". If "no", causes the generator to ignore any mounts or swap devices configured in /etc/fstab. rd.fstab= is honored only by the initial RAM disk (initrd) while fstab= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. root= Takes the root filesystem to mount in the initrd. root= is honored by the initrd. rootfstype= Takes the root filesystem type that will be passed to the mount command. rootfstype= is honored by the initrd. rootflags= Takes the root filesystem mount options to use. rootflags= is honored by the initrd. mount.usr= Takes the /usr filesystem to be mounted by the initrd. If mount.usrfstype= or mount.usrflags= is set, then mount.usr= will default to the value set in root=. Otherwise, this parameter defaults to the /usr entry found in /etc/fstab on the root filesystem. mount.usr= is honored by the initrd. mount.usrfstype= Takes the /usr filesystem type that will be passed to the mount command. If mount.usr= or mount.usrflags= is set, then mount.usrfstype= will default to the value set in rootfstype=. Otherwise, this value will be read from the /usr entry in /etc/fstab on the root filesystem. mount.usrfstype= is honored by the initrd. mount.usrflags= Takes the /usr filesystem mount options to use. If mount.usr= or mount.usrfstype= is set, then mount.usrflags= will default to the value set in rootflags=. Otherwise, this value will be read from the /usr entry in /etc/fstab on the root filesystem. mount.usrflags= is honored by the initrd. systemd.volatile= Controls whether the system shall boot up in volatile mode. Takes a boolean argument or the special value state. If false (the default), this generator makes no changes to the mount tree and the system is booted up in normal mode. If true the generator ensures systemd-volatile-root.service(8) is run as part of the initial RAM disk ("initrd"). This service changes the mount table before transitioning to the host system, so that a volatile memory file system ("tmpfs") is used as root directory, with only /usr mounted into it from the configured root file system, in read-only mode. This way the system operates in fully stateless mode, with all configuration and state reset at boot and lost at shutdown, as /etc and /var will be served from the (initially unpopulated) volatile memory file system. If set to state the generator will leave the root directory mount point unaltered, however will mount a "tmpfs" file system to /var. In this mode the normal system configuration (i.e. the contents of "/etc") is in effect (and may be modified during system runtime), however the system state (i.e. the contents of "/var") is reset at boot and lost at shutdown. Note that in none of these modes the root directory, /etc, /var or any other resources stored in the root file system are physically removed. It's thus safe to boot a system that is normally operated in non-volatile mode temporarily into volatile mode, without losing data. Note that enabling this setting will only work correctly on operating systems that can boot up with only /usr mounted, and are able to automatically populate /etc, and also /var in case of "systemd.volatile=yes". SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fstab(5), systemd.mount(5), systemd.swap(5), systemd-cryptsetup-generator(8), kernel-command-line(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-FSTAB-GENERATOR(8)