Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep with loop till search is done Post 302824899 by balajesuri on Friday 21st of June 2013 10:24:40 PM
Old 06-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by iaav
so on command line:
./test.sh ticket-1 ticket-2 ticket-3
Code:
#!/usr/bin/bash
src_url="$1" ; shift

When you do the above, src_url would be "ticket-1". After shift, $1 would refer to ticket-2. Not sure if this is what you want. Please re-check.

Here's an untested script:

Code:
#! /usr/bin/bash

src_url='//test.svn.com/svn/demoproject/helloworld'

while read line
do
    flag=0
    for ticket in $@
    do
        svn log $src_url/$line --limit 1 | grep -q "$ticket"
        if [ $? -eq 0 ]
        then
            flag=1
        fi
    done

if [ $flag -eq 0 ]
    then
        echo "In $line, none of the tickets were found"
    fi
done < "testfile"

This User Gave Thanks to balajesuri For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop till you find a string in a fine <-- Need Help New to Unix Scripting

Guys - I am new to Unix scripting and am in need for a script that does the following. I have bits and pieces created and tested but i am just having a little difficult time getting it all together. - Loop through till it finds a string in a specific file. Any help is greatly appreciated. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrehman
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print lines till till a pattern is matched in loop

Dear All I have a file like this 112534554 446538656 444695656 225696966 226569744 228787874 113536566 443533535 222564552 115464656 225445345 225533234 I want to cut the file into different parts where the first two columns are '11' . The first two columns will be either... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anoopvraj
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep from a starting line till the end of the file

Hi Folks, I got to know from this forums on how to grep from a particular line say line 6 awk 'NR==6 {print;exit}' But how do i grep from line 6 till the end of the file or command output. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Zer0
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep after the first comma till the next comma in a line

Hi Can any one pls tell me how to grep this line POPULATION,69691,20120509 I want the number 69691 from the above line. How to grep from the first comma till the next comma. Thank You.:confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxg
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the word from pattern line and update in subsequent lines till next pattern line reached

Hi, I have got the below requirement. please suggest. I have a file like, Processing Item is: /data/ing/cfg2/abc.txt /data/ing/cfg3/bgc.txt Processing Item is: /data/cmd/for2/ght.txt /data/kernal/config.klgt.txt I want to process the above file to get the output file like, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop till the files downloaded

Need assistance in writing a for loop script or any looping method. Below is the code where i can get all the files from the URL . There are about 80 files in the URL .Every day the files get updated . Script that i wanted is the loop must keep on running till it gets 80 files. It matches the count... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop till length of line is great enough

I have the following code: # Get the line of stations_info.txt starting with "${xstation1} " and copy it to file temp.txt grep "^${xstation1} " stations_info.txt > temp.txt # Get lat and long of station nl=0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: claire.a
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep till grep find the string

Hello! I have a sample code in which a grep is being performed from multiple files with a date format in their naming convention. Here the script: #! /usr/bin/bash cd /IN/service_packages/SMS/cdr/received MYDATE=`date +"%Y%m%d%H%M"` #get the value then divide by 60 #DAPS_SLC01... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of words in line, while loop, search and grep

Hello, What I wish to attain is: - to read fileA line by line - search entire line as string in fileB - when found, grep the next line in fileB - then merge "searched line" and "found line" in a new file, fileC Here is my fileA: T S Eliot J L Borges L Aragon L L Aragon T S Eliot 4 0... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use a grep search to search for a specific string within multiple directories?

Lets say I have a massive directory which is filled with other directories all filled with different c++ scripts and I want a listing of all the scripts that contain the string: "this string". Is there a way to use a grep search for that? I tried: grep -lr "this string" * but I do not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
3 Replies
shishi_tkt_pre_authent_p(3)					      shishi					       shishi_tkt_pre_authent_p(3)

NAME
shishi_tkt_pre_authent_p - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <shishi.h> int shishi_tkt_pre_authent_p(Shishi_tkt * tkt); ARGUMENTS
Shishi_tkt * tkt input variable with ticket info. DESCRIPTION
Determine if ticket was pre-authenticated. The PRE-AUTHENT and HW-AUTHENT flags provide additional information about the initial authentication, regardless of whether the current ticket was issued directly (in which case INITIAL will also be set) or issued on the basis of a ticket-granting ticket (in which case the INITIAL flag is clear, but the PRE-AUTHENT and HW-AUTHENT flags are carried forward from the ticket-granting ticket). RETURN VALUE
Returns non-0 iff pre-authent flag is set in ticket. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-shishi@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2010 Simon Josefsson. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for shishi is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and shishi programs are properly installed at your site, the command info shishi should give you access to the complete manual. shishi 1.0.1 shishi_tkt_pre_authent_p(3)