Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Exclude incomplete files in ls -rlt Post 302824783 by elixir_sinari on Friday 21st of June 2013 01:51:38 PM
Old 06-21-2013
Or fuser.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

append newline to files with incomplete last line

Hi all, Is there any way I can check a file for the linefeed character at the end of the file, and append one only if it is missing (ie. Incomplete last line)? Need to do this because I need to write a script to process files FTP-ed over from various machines, which may or may not be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziyi
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join of files is incomplete?!

Hi folks, I am using the join command to join two files on a common field as follows: File1.txt Adsorption|H01.181.529.047 Adult|M01.060.116 Children|M01.055 File2.txt 5|Adsorption|C0001674 7|Adult|C000001 6|Children|C00002 join -i -t "|" -a 2 -1 1 -2 2 File1.txt File2.txt This... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: s0460205
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

du (exclude files)

Hi, I want to get the disk usage of a directory. But I want it to ignore a particular directory within it. Lets say I want disk usage of all files/dirs within dir1 except those that are named .snapshot Does du have the option of excluding a particular directory. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_learner
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore incomplete files

On Solaris & AIX, suppose there is a directory 'dir'. Log files of size approx 1MB are continuously being deposited here by scp command. I have a script that scans this dir every 5 mins and moves away the log files that have been deposited so far. How do I design my script so that I pick up... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentak
6 Replies

5. Solaris

How to ignore incomplete files

On Solaris, suppose there is a directory 'dir'. Log files of size approx 1MB are continuously being deposited here by scp command. I have a script that scans this dir every 5 mins and moves away the log files that have been deposited so far. How do I design my script so that I pick up *only*... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentak
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list the files but exclude the files in subdirectories

If I execute the command "ls -l /export/home/abcde/dev/proj/code/* | awk -F' ' '{print $9}' | cut -d'/' -f6-8" it will list all the files in /export/home/abcde/dev/proj/code/ directory as well as the files in subdirectories also proj/code/test.sh proj/code/test1.c proj/code/unix... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyjuezy
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to deal with incomplete image files

Sorry for the odd title, but I couldn't think of an easy way to describe my issue. Background I have a home security system that continually sends (via FTP) 4 different still images to a directory on my personal website - cam0.jpg, cam1.jpg, etc. I've written an extremely basic html script to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CinciJeff
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to exclude .NFSxxx files in clear old files batch script

I am new to Shell Scripting and need some help. The following batch job has been failing for me due to the .nfsxxx files in use. I need to know how to modify the following script to exclude the .nfsxxx files so this batch job will not fail on me. I have done lots of googling and keep coming back... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimberlyg2007
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude files in ls

Hi, I need to exlucde the files which are present in exclude.txt from a directory exlcude.txt AUZ.txt AUZ.chk NZ.txt NZ.chk tried with below code but not working ls -ltr | grep -v `cat exclude.lst` (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Split Command Generating Incomplete Output Files

Hello All, May i please know how do i ensure my split command would NOT generate incomplete output files like below, the last lines in each file is missing some columns or last line is complete. split -b 50GB File File_ File_aa |551|70210203|xxxxxxx|12/22/2010 20:44:58|11/01/2010... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies
fuser(2)							System Calls Manual							  fuser(2)

NAME
fuser - Reports PIDs and UIDs for files, file systems and/or the devices attached to them. SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/fuser.h> int fuser( char *file, long flag, struct f_user fuser_array[], long sizeof_fuser_array ); PARAMETERS
Specifies the file name. Specifies one of the following values. If none of the following are values are specified, the default is to match open files. Matches only file ids. Provides mount point matching. Matches deleted files on the mount point specified by file. Specifies the array. Specifies the number of elements in the fuser array. DESCRIPTION
The fuser function reports a list of PIDs and UIDs that are associated with a specified file, file system, and/or the devices that are attached to them. The fuser function can report back additional information about "matches" by ORing one of the following constants that can be passed back in the member fu_flags: Current directory Current directory Parent of the current directory At least one file open, but the number open is not known. Executable image. Controlling terminal Trace At least one file is mmapped RETURN VALUES
On success, the fuser function returns the number of fuser_array elements that were found. The contents of the structure are as follows: typedef struct f_user { pid_t fu_pid; int fu_flags; uid_t fu_uid; } f_user_t; If an error has occurred, the fuser function returns -1 and sets errno to indicate the error. ERRORS
If the fuser function fails, errno may be set to one of the following values: The array is not large enough to hold the number of array elements returned or the array structure cannot be filled The file parameter specified does not exist EXAMPLES
Open regular files and special files are matched using the flag parameter set at 0L. Thus, if process 127 and 3220 open the /home/try file simultaneously and the fuser function is active, the PIDs and UIDs associated with the home/try file are reported as in the following exam- ple: fuser("/home/try", 0L, fuser_array, (long) (sizeof (fuser_array)/sizeof(fuser_array[0])); Similarly, if the special device file /dev/ttyp2 is open by process 32, then that PID and its associated UID are reported as in the following example: fuser("/dev/ttyp2", 0L, fuser_array, (long) (sizeof (fuser_array)/sizeof(fuser_array[0])); fuser(2)