Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk - special character not working Post 302824613 by zaxxon on Friday 21st of June 2013 07:21:51 AM
Old 06-21-2013
I am not sure if I understand your problem. Which forward slash do you mean? This one in here?
Code:
";NS;N/A;"

This works when being used as part of the key in that array (at least with GNU awk).
Only thing I see missing is a backslash to fuse these two lines together:
Code:
                clef = "2-PARSING_ERROR;" DATE ";" DATE_LOG ";" \
                substr ( $0, 12, 8) ";" substr ( $0, 5, 6 ) ";NS;N/A;" $3

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sub option of awk command not working with "\" character.

Hi all, I would like to replace some string in a text file by some string which would contains special characters like "/","\". I.e. I have a text file with the statement contactperson somewhere in it. Now I want to replace it by something else which includes special characters like "/","\" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shareef
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

special character

Hi, I am trying to unload file from a database. Which contains few lines with the character below. Rest of the data was unloaded appropriately. a) What does this below character means? b) How can i remove it, I already have sed '/^$/d' c) Will this effect the file by any means... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special Character SED/AWK removal

I have a script that produces an output containing '/.ssh'. I am trying to find a way of parsing only this data from a single line, without removing any other special characters contained within the output as a result of the parse. Any help would be appreciated (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raggedranger333
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk not working due to missing new line character at last line of file

Hi, My awk program is failing. I figured out using command od -c filename that the last line of the file doesnt end with a new line character. Mine is an automated process because of this data is missing. How do i handle this? I want to append new line character at the end of last... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleteing one character after an special character

I have below line in a unix file, I want to delete one character after "Â". 20091020.Non-Agency CMO Daily Trade Recap Â~V Hybrids The result should be : 20091020.Non-Agency CMO Daily Trade Recap  Hybrids i dont want to use "~V" anywhere in the sed command or any other command, just remove... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohsin.quazi
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk command in special character

Hi, I want to add below line after end of a file (i.e file1) &&echo "copy done" >> out.txt cat file1 scp user1@server1:/tmp/dir /tmp/dir1 my requirment is cat file1 scp user1@server1:/tmp/dir /tmp/dir1 &&echo "copy done" >> out.txt could any one please help me (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex escape special character in AWK if statement

I am having issues escaping special characters in my AWK script as follows: for id in `cat file` do grep $id in file2 | awk '\ BEGIN {var=""} \ { if ( /stringwith+'|'+'50'chars/ ) { echo "do this" } else if ( /anotherString/ ) { echo "do that" } else { ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: purebc
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to find total number of Special character in a column

How to find total number of special character in a column? I am using awk -f "," '$col_number "*$" {print $col_number}' file.csv|wc -l but its not giving correct output. It's giving output as 1 even though i give no special character? Please use code tags next time for your code and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AjitKumar
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search for max and min while ignoring special character

I am trying to get a simple min/max script to work with the below input. Note the special character (">") within it. Script awk 'BEGIN{max=0}{if(($1)>max) max=($1)}END {print max}' awk 'BEGIN{min=0}{if(($2)<min) min=($2)}END {print min}' Input -122.2840 42.0009 -119.9950 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Special character $$

Hi, on ksh What does the following do? grep -v "toolbox" $home_oracle/.profile >$home_oracle/.profile.$$ Thanks. Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
3 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)