Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can i use grep to search a specific pattern? Post 302824605 by zaxxon on Friday 21st of June 2013 07:04:43 AM
Old 06-21-2013
Which do you need and what have you tried so far?
Code:
w_SA_infa1.log:INFO : LM_36620 : () Command task instance [Cmd_FILE_CHECK]: running command [Command1], with command value [sh -c "sh /data/.... "].
Binary file w_SA_infa1.log.bin matches

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to grep a specific pattern

Hi I have a file in the following format: ftrn facc ttrd feed xref #1 1365 1366 1367 1097 1098 #2 1368 1369 1370 1095 1096 #3 1371 1372 1373 1065 1066 #4 1374 1375 1376 1099 1100 #5 1377 1378 1379 1080 1081 #6 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for very specific pattern with less

Hi, I want to search a certain pattern with less command in a files. For examples, I have a files with this entry: POLAR xx POLARX xc POLARXI x1 POLARZZZY vb POLARLLLLLLL ee... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anjas
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract specific line if the search pattern is found

Hi, I need to extract <APPNUMBER> tag alone, if the <college> haas IIT Chennai value. college tag value will have spaces embedded. Those spaces should not be suppresses. My Source file <Record><sno>1</sno><empid>E0001</empid><name>Rejsh suderam</name><college>IIT ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekar1
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pattern search using grep in specific range of files

Hi, I am trying to do the following: grep -l <pattern> <files to be searched for> In <files to be searched for> , all files should of some specific date like "Apr 8" not all files in current directory. I just to search within files Apr 8 files so that it won't search in entire list of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apjneeraj
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search specific pattern in file and return number of occurence

Hi I want to search for a specific pattern in file Say ABC;HELLO_UNIX_WORLD;PQR ABC;HELLO_UNIX_WORLD_IS_NOT_ENOUGH;XYZ ABC;HELLO_UNIX_FORUM;LMN Pattern to search is : "HELLO_UNIX_*****" and not "HELLO_UNIX_***_***_" I mean after "HELLO_UNIX" there can only be one word.In this case... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for a pattern using grep

Hi I am facing the below problem. I have set of lines in which i have to search for only the line which matches with the pattren "/" only. input:- /*+ some text */ /*+ some text */ /* Remove rows from a table of survey results. */ /* Add a survey respondent's name and answers. */ /*... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manasa_vs
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for duplicates and delete but remain the first one based on a specific pattern

Hi all, I have been trying to delete duplicates based on a certain pattern but failed to make it works. There are more than 1 pattern which are duplicated but i just want to remove 1 pattern only and remain the rest. I cannot use awk '!x++' inputfile.txt or sed '/pattern/d' or use uniq and sort... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting , need to search and print a line that contains a specific pattern

Take example of below file. abc.txt nas1:/abc/test/test1 /test nas1:/abc/test/test1/test2 /test/abc nas1:/abc/test/ Now i have a variable that contains "nas1:/abc/test/test1" value , so i need to search the above file for this variable and print only this line. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit_vardhani
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep/awk using a begin search pattern and end search pattern

I have this fileA TEST FILE ABC this file contains ABC; TEST FILE DGHT this file contains DGHT; TEST FILE 123 this file contains ABC, this file contains DEF, this file contains XYZ, this file contains KLM ; I want to have a fileZ that has only (begin search pattern for will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbabz
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use a grep search to search for a specific string within multiple directories?

Lets say I have a massive directory which is filled with other directories all filled with different c++ scripts and I want a listing of all the scripts that contain the string: "this string". Is there a way to use a grep search for that? I tried: grep -lr "this string" * but I do not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
3 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)