Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File comparision line by line Post 302824347 by franksunnn on Thursday 20th of June 2013 05:10:34 PM
Old 06-20-2013
Code:
diff -c file1 file2 | gawk '/^+/ {print $2}' >> file_diff

However, I feel it's wired. Maybe I have no idea about your real need.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

file comparision by line

i have two files and i want to compare these two it shoud print those lines which are not in 2nd file a.txt 1236,AB,0 2345,CD,1 5679,EF,1 9123,AA,1 9223,AA,0 b.txt 1234,AB,0 2345,CD,1 5678,EF,1 9123,AA,0 o/p 1236,AB,0 5679,EF,1 9123,AA,1 9223,AA,0 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaysa123
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how do you parse 1 line at a time of file1 ie. line(n) each line into new file

File 1 <html>ta da....unique file name I want to give file=>343...</html> <html>da ta 234 </html> <html>pa da 542 </html> and so on... File 2 343 234 542 and so on, each line in File 1 one also corresponds with each line in File 2 I have tried several grep, sed, while .. read, do,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: web_developer
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line by Line Comparision of 2 files and print only the difference

Hi, I am trying to find an alternative way to do tkdiff. In tkdiff the gui compares each line and highlights only the differences. for eg: John works at McDonalds s(test) He was playing guitar tywejk John works in McDonalds 9908 He was playing guitar I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveen@
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Problem in reading a file line by line till it reaches a white line

So, I want to read line-by-line a text file with unknown number of files.... So: a=1 b=1 while ; do b=`sed -n '$ap' test` a=`expr $a + 1` $here do something with b etc done the problem is that sed does not seem to recognise the $a, even when trying sed -n ' $a p' So, I cannot read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file line by line and process the line to generate another file

Hi, i have file which contains data as below(Only sample shown, it may contain more data similar to the one shown here) i need to read this file line by line and generate an output file like the one below i.e based on N value the number of MSISDNs will vary, if N=1 then the following... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: comparision of field line by line in two files

Hi everybody, First I apologize if my question seems demasiad you silly, but it really took 4 days struggling with this, I looked at books, forums ... And Also ask help to a friend that is software developer and he told me that it is a bad idea do it by perl... but this is my problem. I moved to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thelost
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line...

Hello, I need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line... An example of entries in the file would be: SRVXPAPI001 ERRO JUN24 07:28:34 1775 REASON= 0000, PROCID= #E506 #1065: TPCIPPR, INDEX= 003F ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file line by line and compare subset of 1st line with 2nd?

Hi all, I have a log file say Test.log that gets updated continuously and it has data in pipe separated format. A sample log file would look like: <date1>|<data1>|<url1>|<result1> <date2>|<data2>|<url2>|<result2> <date3>|<data3>|<url3>|<result3> <date4>|<data4>|<url4>|<result4> What I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get an output of lines in pattern 1st line then 10th line then 11th line then 20th line and so on.

Input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
6 Replies
DWWW-REFRESH-CACHE(8)						      Debian						     DWWW-REFRESH-CACHE(8)

NAME
dwww-refresh-cache - rebuilds dwww cache directory SYNOPSIS
dwww-refresh-cache DESCRIPTION
dwww-refresh-cache is a simple shell script, which deletes outdated cache files and rebuilds contents of the dwww cache directory /var/cache/dwww. In default installation, the script is called from /etc/cron.daily/dwww, so the cache is refreshed every day. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
DWWW_KEEPDAYS Specifies, how many days documents that have not been accessed should be kept in the cache. Default is 10 days. DWWW_QUICKFIND_DB Location of the installed packages and programs cache file, generated with help of dwww-quickfind(8). Default is /var/cache/dwww/quickfind.dat. DWWW_DOCBASE2PKG_DB Location of the cache file, which maps installed doc-base files to packages names, used by the dwww-build-menu(8). Default is /var/cache/dwww/docbase2pkg.dat. FILES
/etc/dwww/dwww.conf Configuration file for dwww(7). /var/cache/dwww dwww cache directory. /etc/cron.daily/dwww. dwww daily cron job SEE ALSO
dwww(7), dwww-build-menu(8), dwww-cache(8), dwww-find(8). AUTHOR
Robert Luberda. See dwww(7), for copyrights and stuff. dwww 1.11.1 February 15th, 2009 DWWW-REFRESH-CACHE(8)