Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] String manuplation using sed Post 302823897 by Don Cragun on Thursday 20th of June 2013 02:35:14 AM
Old 06-20-2013
When I try the code suggested by vidyadhar85, pamu, Yoda, and anand.shah, I don't end up with anything that looks close to the output requested:
Code:
svn export  file:///home/techno/svnrep/MDTC/mdtc/te/mod/ati/Kconfig Kconfig.ati
svn export  file:///home/techno/svnrep/MDTC/mdtc/te/mod/spi/Kconfig Kconfig.spi
svn export  file:///home/techno/svnrep/MDTC/mdtc/te/mod/kgi/Kconfig Kconfig.kgi
svn export  file:///home/techno/svnrep/MDTC/mdtc/te/mod/mei/Kconfig Kconfig.mei
svn export  file:///home/techno/svnrep/MDTC/mdtc/te/mod/cai/Kconfig Kconfig.cai
svn export  file:///home/techno/svnrep/MDTC/mdtc/te/mod/stormi/Kconfig Kconfig.stormi

The following code seems to replace the contents of file (as specified in the original posting in this thread) with the output requested above:
Code:
Var=file:///home/techno/svnrep/MDTC/mdtc/te/
sed -n "s|^source mod/\([^/]*\)/Kconfig|svn export  ${Var}mod/\1/Kconfig Kconfig.\1|p" file > tmp$$ && cp tmp$$ file && rm tmp$$

Last edited by Don Cragun; 06-20-2013 at 03:36 AM.. Reason: Add missing ).
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] String length in kornshell

In the kornshell you can get the length of a string with $ x=abc $ print ${#x} 3 If the current locale is a multibyte locale, like de_AT.UTF-8, you get the length of the string in bytes, not characters: $ x=für $ print ${#x} 4 Is there an easy way to get the length of a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hergp
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] awk string with spaces

Why does this work: awk -v s="this is a string" 'index($0, s)' file while the following doesn't? s="this is a string" awk -v s=$s 'index($0, s)' file How do I search for a string with spaces in it? ---------- Post updated at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:15 AM ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Decoding a base 64 string

Is it possible to decode a base 64 string in linux or unix. If so, related commands or reference notes would be really helpful. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandu123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] sed

sed -e 's/console/raw/g' this command will replace the letter pradeep with rawat what if i want to replace a word like FRIENDS with a space simultaneously from the same file i m replacing pradeep. im doing this sed -e 's/console/raw/g' && sed 's/FRIENDS//g' but i dono why this is not happening. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: console
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] String Comparison

Hi I am beginner in writing shell scripting please tell me how to compare a string in Unix shell. i have two variables in a shell script, var1="00101 00201 00301 303 401 405" var2="101 201 301" i want to compare var1 with var2 . for example if 101 from Var1 present in Var2 or not. similarly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikesh29
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Length of each string

Hi I have a file which has sequences which look like this >String1 aqwertrtrytytyuuijhgddfghhhghhgjhjhhsswekrkmygppdslxmvbnhkwqalldrtjbllnlnlnnnvc >String2 qwwerrtyuiopasdfghjmnbvfklzxerbvcwghjjkoowwqerrtggbddqsdfgaqwcxzakjtyugfsdefrtgyhujiknbbbbcdcdcxsxsx zxzxcvcfcdcg >String3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sa@@
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] String integer comparison

I am trying to execute something like this file=/tmp/test.txt firstline=$(head -n 1 $file) value=`echo $firstline | cut -d'=' -f2` if then echo true fi i read the first line of a file, cut to the numeric value in the first line and check if it greater than 2 but for some... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhan_dc
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to get file name which contains certain string?

Hi Gurus, I need find which file contains certain string in one directory. when using cat * |grep "string", I can get the string name but no file name displayed. I am wondering if there is any option I can use to get which file contains this certain string. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Last occurrence of a string

I apologize if it was asked before but I couldn't find something related. I want to replace 2 strings in a file e.g pwddb=Lar1wod (need to replace string after =) pwdapp=Wde2xe (need to replace string after =) AND in same file want to find last occurrence of a string (SR2-134561),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: J_ang
2 Replies
svn-fast-backup(1)					      General Commands Manual						svn-fast-backup(1)

NAME
svn-fast-backup - very fast backup for Subversion fsfs repositories. SYNOPSIS
svn-fast-backup [-q] [-k{N|all}] [-f] [-t] [-s] repos_path backup_dir DESCRIPTION
svn-fast-backup uses rsync snapshots for very fast backup of a Subversion fsfs repository at repos_path to backup_dir/repos-rev, the latest revision number in the repository. Multiple fsfs backups share data via hardlinks, so old backups are almost free, since a newer revision of a repository is almost a complete superset of an older revision. This is good for replacing incremental log-dump+restore-style backups because it is just as space-conserving and even faster; there is no inter-backup state (old backups are essentially caches); each backup directory is self-contained. It has the same command-line interface as svn-hot-backup(1) (if you use --force), but only works for fsfs repositories. svn-fast-backup keeps 64 backups by default and deletes backups older than these; this can be adjusted with the -k option. OPTIONS
-h, --help Shows some brief help text. -q, --quiet Quieter-than-usual operation. -k, --keep=N Keep a specified number of backups; the default is to keep 64. -k, --keep=all Do not delete any old backups at all. -f, --force Make a new backup even if one with the current revision exists. -t, --trace Show actions. -s, --simulate Don't perform actions. AUTHOR
Voluntary contributions made by many individuals. Copyright (C) 2006 CollabNet. 2006-11-09 svn-fast-backup(1)