Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script for generating NTIDs(Usernames) from the email ids which exists in MSAD Directory Post 302823787 by naveen.dasu on Wednesday 19th of June 2013 10:42:52 PM
Old 06-19-2013
Hi,
Many Thanks for your reply we use windows 7 OS and if i can get this with excel macro that is very much good.Can you help me how can we do this using Excel Macro.

Regards,
Naveen

---------- Post updated at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:07 AM ----------

Hello Just Ice,

Thanks for your reply. Actually i do have the list of the people and their name are unique and there are 140 users. So how could i give these as input for this script.I exported the users to excel.

Regards,
Naveen

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to send email with usage of space in the directory as description :

shell script to send email with usage of space in the directory as description : Please any one help me in writing a script to send email with usage of space in the directory as description . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating millions of record using shell script

Hi All, My requirement is like this. I want to generate records of 1 million lines. If I say lines it means one line will contain some string or numbers like AA,3,4,45,+223424234,Tets,Ghdj,+33434,345453434,........................ upto length lets say 41. ( 41 comma sepearted aplha numneric... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahil2k9
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Sending email to multiple IDs

Hi, I am trying to send an email to multiple IDs from Unix script. I have given the EmailIds in a file and trying to use the file as input in the script. > cat Email EmailID = "abc@xyz.com cbz@xyz.com" In my script I have . /Email mailx -s "subj" $EmailID This fails with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangharsh
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A shell script or software for generating random passwords

Hi, Is there an shell script/batch file to genarate random passwords which expires after a stipulated time period? Please suggest a software which does this for AIX and windows both else. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script: If a file stays in a particular directory more than 30 min send an email

Hi , I am new to shell scripting. i have a requirement say i will receive a file in a directory say /xyz.if that file stays in that directory more than 30 min i need to get a mail to my outlook.this should run for every 20 min in crontab. can anyone help me? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Email to group ids

hi, I want to send mail to DL... i am sending email to single id using mailx .. how to send to group of ids? :confused: i am using a file which conatins all the ids, is there any other way to send mail without creating the DLfile? DL=path\file.txt mailx -s "Info BG is now... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreelu
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with script generating files in directory recursively

I have a script which generates recursively some files in folders for a given root folder. I have checks for permissions and it works for all folders except one(i have 777 permission on it). When i try calling the script in problematic folder(problematic folder being root folder), script works as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bb2
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to tell whether there exists directory or not

Hi, I am writing a script as follows: #!/bin/sh set -x for i in `cat a`; do #sleep 3 print $i >> server.txt sleep 5 if test -d `vtask $i "' ls -lrt /opt/log/ '" ` ; then print $i >> 12.5.txt else print $i >> 12.0.txt fi done (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
7 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Email ids from gecos

I would like to extract only the email ids from the gecos of each user id. I have to get the email ids of all the users on the server like this. Can someone please assist me with the command/script? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send an email if "No such file or directory" in the shell script program log in EBS concur

Hi All, I have the below code(.sh) and need to send an email. #!/bin/bash cp /u02/xxc_incoming/TEST*.dat /u02/xxc_archive_incoming/AMER7764_ARPP_2/ cat /u02/xxc_incoming/TEST*.dat > /u02/xxc_incoming/XXC_TEST.dat rm /u02/xxc_incoming/TEST*.dat cd $XXC_TOP/bin sqlldr userid=apps/<pwd> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mist123
12 Replies
Excel::Template::Plus(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Excel::Template::Plus(3pm)

NAME
Excel::Template::Plus - An extension to the Excel::Template module SYNOPSIS
use Excel::Template::Plus; my $template = Excel::Template::Plus->new( engine => 'TT', template => 'greeting.tmpl', config => { INCLUDE => [ '/templates' ] }, params => { greeting => 'Hello' } ); $template->param(location => 'World'); $template->write_file('greeting.xls'); DISCLAIMER
This is the very first release of this module, it is an idea that I and Rob Kinyon (the author of Excel::Template) had discussed many times, but never got around to doing. This is the first attempt at bring this to reality, it may change radically as it evolves, so be warned. DESCRIPTION
This module is an extension of the Excel::Template module, which allows the user to use various "engines" from which you can create Excel files through Excel::Template. The idea is to use the existing (and very solid) excel file generation code in Excel::Template, but to extend its more templatey bits with more powerful options. The only engine currently provided is the Template Toolkit engine, which replaces Excel::Template's built in template features (the LOOP, and IF constructs) with the full power of TT. This is similar to the module Excel::Template::TT, but expands on that even further to try and create a more extensive system. You can use this module to create Excel::Template-compatible XML files using one of the supported engines. For example, with the TT engine you could create a Excel::Template XML file like: <workbook> <worksheet name="[% worksheet_name %]"> [% my_cols = get_list_of_columns %] <row> [% FOR col = my_cols %] <bold><cell>[% col %]</cell></bold> [% END %] </row> [% FOR my_row = get_list_of_objects %] <row> [% FOR col = my_cols %] <cell>[% my_row.$col %]</cell> [% END %] </row> [% END %] </worksheet> </workbook> Your TT template thus creates a XML file suitable to handing over to Excel::Template for processing. Excel::Template::Plus simplifies the template-creation and handing-over process. Future engine/plans include: Pure Perl This would allow you to write you Excel::Template files using Perl itself which would then output the XML for Excel::Template to consume. This would be modeled after the recently released Template::Declare module perhaps. TT Plugins/Macros/Wrappers This is basically anything which will make the TT engine easier to write templates for. I have experimented with some of these things, but I was not happy with any of them enough to release them yet. HTML::Template Excel::Template's templating features are based on HTML::Template, but the HTML::Template plugins and other goodies are not compatible. This engine would bring those things to Excel::Template. METHODS
new (%options) This method basically serves as a factory for creating new engine instances (for which Excel::Template::Plus::TT is the only one currently). The only parameter that it requires is engine, all other parameters are passed onto the engine's constructor (see the individual docs for more details on what is required). meta Access to the metaclass. BUGS
All complex software has bugs lurking in it, and this module is no exception. If you find a bug please either email me, or add the bug to cpan-RT. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
This module came out of several discussions I had with Rob Kinyon. AUTHOR
Stevan Little <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2007-2010 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-06 Excel::Template::Plus(3pm)