Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mkdir a/b/c # where a/b does not exists. is it possible to create it ? Post 302823635 by in2nix4life on Wednesday 19th of June 2013 03:01:34 PM
Old 06-19-2013
Code:
mkdir -vp a/b/c
mkdir: created directory 'a'
mkdir: created directory 'a/b'
mkdir: created directory 'a/b/c'

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

mkdir: cannot create directory

Hi, I have network mount on two servers. One server I can create any directories without any issues, other server with the similar mount, I am not able to create directories starting with number! Creation, name start with a number: $ mkdir 1212 mkdir: cannot create directory `1212': No such... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ./hari.sh
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie.. Find if a file exists and open, if not create the desired file..

Hey all, I'm brand new to script writing, I'm wanting to make a script that will ask for a file and then retrieve that file if it exists, and if it doesn't exist, create the file with the desired name, and I'm completely stuck.. so far.. #! bin/bash echo "Enter desired file" read "$file" if ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Byrang
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] how to create multiple directory in one mkdir command

Hi, Unix Gurus, - I have a simple question, I need create multiple directory. I use mkdir {dir1, dir2, dir3) I got one directory as {dir1, dir2, dir3} I searched @ google, I got answer as above code.:wall::confused: Anybody has any idea Thanks in advance ---------- Post updated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mkdir: cannot create directory `/builds/somedir/': Permission denied

Hi, I am trying to run a shell script which contains an mkdir command as part of the execution. The script fails with the following error: mkdir: cannot create directory `/builds/somedir/': Permission denied The user running the script is 'harry' and belongs to group 'school'.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Technext
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check if a directory exists or not.if not need to create it

Hi, I am using solaris 10 OS and bash shell.just checking for small code snippet which follows below. /export/home/vomappservers/spa/common/5.0 /export/home/vomappservers/spa/common/scripts /export/home/vomappservers/spa/tools /export/home/vomappservers/spa/scm5.0/SCCS... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Mkdir: cannot create directory `/home/phpmy/html': Permission denied centos

for incompatibility installation problems, I've decided to reinstall Centos 6.3 as can be seem from the df output, I've partitioned both / and and /home directories $ df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda8 12G 5.3G 6.5G 45% / tmpfs ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

See if file exists and if not create it

Hi, I am using an expect script to roll out an ssh key to multiple servers. I have a problem as on some of them the authorized_keys file exists and on some it doesn't. Where it exists I need to >> the key in and where it doesn't I need to create the file then sftp the file over. So I need some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy of "How to create a long list of directories with mkdir?"

To bakunin and corona688: My result when text in file is ms_ww_546 ms_rrL_99999 ms_nnn_67_756675 is https://www.unix.com/C:\Users\Fejoz\Desktop\ttt.jpg I hope you can see the picture. There is like a "whitespace character" after 2 of the 3 created directories. ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: setub
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a long list of directories with mkdir?

Hi... Thanks to read this... I want to use mkdir to create many directories listed in a text file, let's say. How do I do this? Sorry for this maybe very basic question :) (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: setub
13 Replies
SHTOOL-MKSHADOW.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool					    SHTOOL-MKSHADOW.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-mkshadow - GNU shtool create shadow tree using symlinks SYNOPSIS
shtool mkshadow [-v|--verbose] [-t|--trace] [-a|--all] src-dir dst-dir DESCRIPTION
This command creates a shadow tree of src-dir under dst-dir by recreating the directory hierarchy of src-dir under dst-dir and by creating the files of src-dir by linking them into the corresponding directories under dst-dir via symbolic links. When src-dir can be reached via relative paths from dst-dir, relative symbolic links are used, too. This high-level functionality is originally designed for developers to create copies of source trees. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -v, --verbose Display some processing information. -t, --trace Enable the output of the essential shell commands which are executed. -a, --all Really shadow all files and directories in src-dir. Default is to skip CVS related files and directories, backup files, object files, etc. EXAMPLE
# shell script shtool mkshadow -v -a . /tmp/shadow HISTORY
The GNU shtool mkshadow command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1998 for Apache. It was later revised and taken over into GNU shtool. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), ln(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-MKSHADOW.TMP(1)