Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell scripting:from text file to CSV Post 302822811 by Yoda on Tuesday 18th of June 2013 08:38:27 AM
Old 06-18-2013
Another approach:
Code:
xargs -n3 < file | tr ' ' ','

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell scripting adding text to top of file

Hi this is quite simple i am sure but without using awk or sed i need to add text to the top of a file this is what i have got so far #!bin/bash echo "Add text to top of file" read line echo $line >> file1 This adds the text to the bottom of the file can some1 please help cheers (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: meadhere
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

exporting number into .csv file in text form (no other extra charc) from shell script

I have written a k shell program which is executing a sql and exporting data in numeric form like 0412323444 into .csv file. the problem i am facing is that , the data is coming in excel formatted in scientific form like 4.1+E08,while my requirement is to store data as such 0412323444 in excel ( no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepak_Rastogi
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert a sequence number column inside a pipe delimited csv file using shell scripting?

Hi All, I need a shell script which could insert a sequence number column inside a dat file(pipe delimited). I have the dat file similar to the one as shown below.. |A|B|C||D|E |F|G|H||I|J |K|L|M||N|O |P|Q|R||S|T As shown above, the column 4 is currently blank and i need to insert sequence... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithins007
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML to Text file Parsing Using shell scripting

Hi folks, Need some help with XML to text file parsing , the following is the content of the XML File. <xn:SubNetwork id="SNJNPRZDCR0R03"> <xn:MeContext id="PRSJU0005"> <xn:VsDataContainer id="PRSJU0005"> <xn:attributes> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
6 Replies

5. Solaris

XML to Text file Parsing Using shell scripting

Hi, I want to parse an XML File using Shell Script preferably by using awk command, I/P file is : <gn:ExternalGsmCell id="016P3A"> <gn:attributes> <gn:mnc>410</gn:mnc> <gn:mcc>310</gn:mcc> <gn:lac>8016</gn:lac> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate avg values of csv file using shell scripting .?

hi all i have a reporting work and i want it to be automated using shell scripting kindly let me know how can i make that possibe . eg data are :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avinash shaw
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a piece of shell scripting to remove column from a csv file

Hi, I need to remove first column from a csv file and i can do this by using below command. cut -f1 -d, --complement Mytest.csv I need to implement this in shell scripting, Whenever i am using the above command alone in command line it is working fine. I have 5 files in my directory and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all CONSECUTIVE text lines from file shell scripting

Hi I have a text file like below. THe content of the text will vary. Entire text file have four consecutive lines followed with blank line. I want to delete the occurrence of the two consicutive lines in the text file. I don't have pattern to match and delete. Just i need to delete all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJSKR28
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv file, convert the data and make one text file in UNIX shell scripting

I have input data looks like this which is a part of a csv file 7,1265,76548,"0102:04" 8,1266,76545,"0112:04" I need to make the output data should look like this and the output data will be part of text file: 7|1265000 |7654899 |A| 8|12660000 |76545999 |B| The logic behind the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
6 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)