Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RDP access from UNIX.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting RDP access from UNIX. Post 302822607 by Peeyush Sehgal on Tuesday 18th of June 2013 02:12:37 AM
Old 06-18-2013
Thanks for the response. There are no utilities installed on Unix like samba and I don't have privileges to install anything on system. It would be great if some command could do the same functioning. I have searched on internet but found nothing useful.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

runx and rdp command

Hi, Iam stuck with a problem... Iam trying to automate some commands by script. I want to execute the script from text mode. My script calls runx, then the window comes, and i have to give commands like "rdp IP_address" I need to pass the command "rdp IP_address" to runx in the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esham
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix Sco Open Server, Windows Computers Problem Access Unix Shared Files Help!!!!!

Hello Moto I hope someone can help We's here at work, have a unix box with sco openserver 5 on it, so it has a nice gui interface.. and also a fair few windows computers.. a system admin guy b4 me, has set up a user called neil, which can, when u try to access the unix box using windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggo
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How can i connect to win2k3 RDP from Solaris10 or Open Solaris

Hi all, O people of expert how can i connect to windows server 2003 remote desktop through Microsoft terminal server i don't want to install third parties products such VNC server or any web browser tools such as Remotely AnyWhere on the windows box what options and what procedures do i have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with RDP Script

I am trying to write a bash script to pull out a variable from a dynamically generated "launch.rdp" remote desktop file, and then open rdesktop with that variable. Here's what I have so far: #!/bin/bash rdpfile="$1" resolution=1024x768 server=$(cat launch.rdp | sed -n "21p" | sed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: goosed
0 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can Unix access Windows' File through Command Prompt in Unix

Hi all, I wish to know whether Unix can access window's file in Unix's terminal? Apart from that, how to copy files or share files between Window and Unix? I get to know of secure copy, however, my company's Unix does not support the feature of secure copy? Any other method for me to share/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy83
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Is there a way to use windows RDP with red hat 6

Besides installing VNC on the red hat server which i know i can do, is there any RDP servers (using the windows rdp client) to remote control a red hat 6.2 server? Thanks in advance for this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
1 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

RDP over SSH Tunnel

Hi all, I'm trying have an alternative way of connecting into a Corporate network. Mostly in case the VPN down as I cannot also change the security policy. I want to expose windows RDP over ssh tunnel. I have 3 hosts in my scenario 1- Host a : Windows 2k8 has no internet access just only an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy file from RDP to Local

Hi All, I am trying to copy a file from remote desktop to my local system using copy and xcopy commands...but none of them worked..is there any batch file or commands to do the copying .if do please share with me..... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan420
5 Replies

9. IP Networking

VPN ssh access over RDP port?

Guys, Can I use an open RDP port to gain ssh access to my Linux server running the other side of our firewall? I work from home on the odd occasion, we only have RDP port 3389 available once logged into the VPN. I would rather ssh into my workstation without the need for a desktop display. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
3 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Port forwarding to windows rdp

I need assistance with a port forwarding related problem. ssh root@adress.com -p2222 -L 3389:192.168.0.10:3389 Have to connect to this 192.168.0.10 ip via rdp standard port from my windows machine. I got the linux command which should work but I just don't know how to use it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genius90
1 Replies
TDBBACKUP(8)															      TDBBACKUP(8)

NAME
tdbbackup - tool for backing up and for validating the integrity of samba .tdb files SYNOPSIS
tdbbackup [-ssuffix] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(1) suite. tdbbackup is a tool that may be used to backup samba .tdb files. This tool may also be used to verify the integrity of the .tdb files prior to samba startup or during normal operation. If it finds file damage and it finds a prior backup the backup file will be restored. OPTIONS
-h Get help information. -s suffix The -s option allows the adminisistrator to specify a file backup extension. This way it is possible to keep a history of tdb backup files by using a new suffix for each backup. -v The -v will check the database for damages (currupt data) which if detected causes the backup to be restored. COMMANDS
GENERAL INFORMATION The tdbbackup utility can safely be run at any time. It was designed so that it can be used at any time to validate the integrity of tdb files, even during Samba operation. Typical usage for the command will be: tdbbackup [-s suffix] *.tdb Before restarting samba the following command may be run to validate .tdb files: tdbbackup -v [-s suffix] *.tdb Samba .tdb files are stored in various locations, be sure to run backup all .tdb file on the system. Important files includes: o secrets.tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o passdb.tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o *.tdb located in the /usr/local/samba/var directory or on some systems in the /var/cache or /var/lib/samba directories. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3.0 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The tdbbackup man page was written by John H Terpstra. TDBBACKUP(8)