Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Automating the FTP get
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Automating the FTP get Post 302822317 by vikatakavi on Monday 17th of June 2013 10:12:45 AM
Old 06-17-2013
Automating the FTP get

Hi ,

I want to pull files from ftp monthly once . The files in ftp has a something like 292_fileto_pull and next month it will be 293_fileto_pull for each month the number keeps increasing. i thought in my script if i can use date and increment the number by it

mget *_292_fileto_pull

i want to change the 292 value every time automatically when i run the script

Any help would be Thankfull

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating sendmail

Hi there, I am trying to send emails from within a shell script, and I need help. Also I am trying to send attachments from within a shell script. I am using sendmail. Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimJim
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating telnet and ftp

Hi, I want to automate FTP. I have a fair idea that this can be done using expect scripting. But I dont how to do it. Please, can anyone give me an example of how to do it in Unix. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

displaying error while automating ftp

#!/bin/sh HOST=HOST_IP USER=$USER PASSWD=$PASSWD FILE="*.htm" ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD get $FILE quit END_SCRIPT exit 0 Is there any way to display appropriate error message if the file is not found on the server...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating slapconfig

I'm a New Media student working at a small media/tech company that's part of the New Media department at my school. I'm working on a MySQL/LDAP-based system for keeping track of users of our Mac file server. I'm trying to write a script that backs up our LDAP database using the slapconfig command... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZevEisenberg
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating ftp without .netrc

I'm writing a script which needs to run under an 'automation' account and there is already a .netrc machine definition for the server I need to connect to. If I create a new machine entry in the .netrc with a different account this will, of course, be ignored and the ftp session will connect to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepakS
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automating ftp job using implicit ssl?

Can this be done? Or do you need some other program installed on the AIX box? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating The process

Hi Guru's, I am trying to write a scripts that will automate my image provisoining process. Scenario: I have Linux Image Hosted on cloud which needs to be provisoned before it can be used. Currently we log onto the image through the putty on windows and connect to linux instance. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: taqvia
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automating a process

Could any one tell me , how to start a thread here, i just searching for so long. sorry to post in irrelavent here ---------- Post updated at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:00 AM ---------- Hi, I got a requirement to automate the process. We have SLA files, there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: afahmed
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating

Hi All, I have a shell script that is integrated with a fault management system. It periodically monitors the system and raises an alarm. This script has different functions and it accepts input from us on the console. Is there any way to invoke it using a shell script ? Please advise. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praviper
2 Replies
BB-DATEPAGE.CGI(1)					      General Commands Manual						BB-DATEPAGE.CGI(1)

NAME
bb-datepage.cgi - Xymon CGI script to view pre-built reports by date SYNOPSIS
bb-datepage.cgi?type={day,week,month} --url=URLPREFIX [options] DESCRIPTION
bb-datepage.cgi is invoked as a CGI script via the bb-datepage.sh CGI wrapper. bb-datepage.cgi is passed a QUERY_STRING environment variable with the type of time-selection that is desired: Either "day", "week" or "month" can be requested. It will then generate a web form with appropriate day/week/month selection boxes, and based on the users' selec- tion a resulting url is built from the URLPREFIX and the time selection. The browser is then redirected to this URL. The URL is constructed from the URLPREFIX, the type-parameter, the value of the "pagepath" or "host" cookie, and the users' selection as follows: type=day The final URL is URLPREFIX/daily/YEAR/MONTH/DAY/PAGEPATH. type=week The final URL is URLPREFIX/weekly/YEAR/WEEK/PAGEPATH. type=month The final URL is URLPREFIX/monthly/YEAR/MONTH/PAGEPATH. YEAR is the full year (4 digits, including century). MONTH is the two-digit number of the month (01..12). DAY is the number of the day in the month (01..31). WEEK is the ISO 8601:1988 week-number (01..53). PAGEPATH is the current value of the "pagepath" cookie if set; if it is not set but the "host" cookie is set, then this host is looked up in the bb-hosts file and the page where this host is found is used for PAGEPATH. These two cookies are set by the default web-header templates supplied with Xymon. OPTIONS
--url=URLPREFIX This specifies the initial part of the final URL. This option is required. --hffile=FILENAME Specifies the template files (from $BBHOME/web/) to use. The default is "--hffile=report". --color=COLOR Sets the background color of the generated webpage. The default is blue. --env=FILENAME Loads the environment defined in FILENAME before executing the CGI script. --debug Enables debugging output. $BBHOME/web/report_form_daily HTML form template for the date selection form when type=daily. $BBHOME/web/report_form_weekly HTML form template for the date selection form when type=weekly. $BBHOME/web/report_form_monthly HTML form template for the date selection form when type=monthly. $BBHOME/web/report_header HTML header file for the generated web page $BBHOME/web/report_footer HTML footer file for the generated web page ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
BBHOME Used to locate the template files for the generated web pages. QUERY_STRING Contains the parameters for the CGI script. SEE ALSO
bbgen(1), bb-hosts(5), hobbitserver.cfg(5) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 BB-DATEPAGE.CGI(1)