Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to grep on unique id which has request and response on different lines? Post 302822263 by random_thoughts on Monday 17th of June 2013 10:52:25 AM
Old 06-17-2013
Thanks Jotne ,

Can you pls put comment in first 2 lines so that I can understand. as I am new to awk. Thanks a lot for your time.Smilie

---------- Post updated at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:14 AM ----------

I think you are trying to get 13th column in the line, it doesnt work in my case, it's not 13th column actually.

---------- Post updated at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:53 AM ----------

Thanks, I got it working. I used gensub inside st array to filter uid.

Last edited by random_thoughts; 06-17-2013 at 10:36 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep unique occurrences

Hi, How do i grep unique occurrences from a file. I have a log file with multiple occurrences of 'foo' for instance. When i do: grep foo, I get all the lines that contain foo. Is there any way to get only one line for foo? Example file: foo at 09.01am Fri 11 May 2007 foo at 09.13am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mz043
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep for unique value

If i want to grep for a value in a file but display only unique value then which option can i use. ex: Values in the file IP <1.2.3.4> value <2> IP <1.2.3.4> value <2> IP <1.2.3.4> value <3> IP <1.2.3.5> value <1> i should get only the unique value (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vls1210
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove All Lines Between Two Unique Lines

Hi all! Im wondering if its possible to remove all lines between two lines. Im working with a document like this: data1 data2 <Remove> data3 data4 </Remove> data5 data6 I need it to end up like this if that possible: data1 data2 data5 data6 There are multiple instances of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep Unique

Hello, I have a file with a list of car makes and specific information for each make. An example is: @Audi:Warranty @Audi:Pricing @Audi:Colors @Acura:Warranty @Acura:Pricing @Acura:Colors and so on through a bunch of makes. I need to make a list in a selection box of just one name of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: macbb1117
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

In a huge file, Delete duplicate lines leaving unique lines

Hi All, I have a very huge file (4GB) which has duplicate lines. I want to delete duplicate lines leaving unique lines. Sort, uniq, awk '!x++' are not working as its running out of buffer space. I dont know if this works : I want to read each line of the File in a For Loop, and want to... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnix
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Request] Copying a file with cp except for the last one or two lines.

Hi folks! I'm new to the unix-side of the world! ;) and I'm trying to learn as much as possible the good stuff that's in it! So.. here comes the point.. as you can see in the title, I need to copy a file but truncating it so that last 1-2 lines are not copied... any suggests from the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: WideMind
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose lines from individual blocks to unique lines

Hello to all, happy new year 2013! May somebody could help me, is about a very similar problem to the problem I've posted here where the member rdrtx1 and bipinajith helped me a lot. https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/211147-map-values-blocks-single-line-2.html It is very... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression for XML request and response

Hi Gents, I am having a xml request, I need to match the entire paragraph in unix regex. Can some one please provide me the regex for unix. I need to embed this in a shell script. Below is the XML. I am bit weak in regular expression. Regex *testameykamble* here testameykamble is my key... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ameyrk
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print unique lines without sort or unique

I would like to print unique lines without sort or unique. Unfortunately the server I am working on does not have sort or unique. I have not been able to contact the administrator of the server to ask him to add it for several weeks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
7 Replies
LOGTOP(1)						      General Commands Manual							 LOGTOP(1)

NAME
logtop - Realtime log line rate analyser SYNOPSIS
logtop [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
logtop is a System Administrator tool analyzing line rate on stdin. It reads on stdin and print a constantly updated result displaying, in columns: Line number, count, frequency, and the actual line. $ tail -f FILE | logtop is the friendly version of: $ watch 'tail FILE | sort | uniq -c | sort -gr' OPTIONS
-s, --size=K Only keep K lines in memory, instead of 10000. -q, --quiet Do not display a live view of the data, only display a top at exit. -l, --line-by-line=K Print result line by line, in a machine friendly format, K is the number of result to print per line. Line by line format is : [%d %f %s ]* %d : Number of occurences %f : Frequency of apparition %s : String (Control chars replaced by dots. -i, --interval=K Interval between graphical updates, in seconds. Defaults to 1. -h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. EXAMPLES
Here are some logtop usage examples. tail -f cache.log | grep -o "HIT|MISS" | logtop Realtime hit / miss ratio on some caching software log file. tail -f access.log | cut -d' ' -f1 | logtop -s 10000 Realtime most querying IPs on your server, as long as log lines in access.log starts with the client IP. tail -f access.log | cut -d' ' -f7 | logtop -s 10000 Realtime most requested web pages in a NCSA like log file. cat auth.log | grep -v "CRON" | grep -o ": .*" | logtop -q -s 100000 Display a one-shot simple analyse of your auth.log. SEE ALSO
watch(1) AUTHOR
logtop was written by Julien Palard. This manual page was written by Julien Palard <julien@palard.fr>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). April 16, 2011 LOGTOP(1)