Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to extract text from STRING to end of line? Post 302822207 by rajamadhavan on Monday 17th of June 2013 06:38:41 AM
Old 06-17-2013
It would be better to past your input file under code tags

This will extract you the last column on a tab delimited file..

Code:
awk -F"\t" '{print $NF}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract digits at end of string

I have a string like xxxxxx44. What's the best way to extract the digits (one or more) in a ksh script? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: offirc
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract a particular start and end pattern from a line

hi In the foll example the whole text in a single line.... i want to extract text from IPTel to RTCPBase.h. want to use this acrooss the whole file Updated: IPTel\platform\core\include\RTCPBase.h \main\MWS2051_Sablime_Int\1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish205
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sed to extract a substring at end of line

This is the line that I am using: sed 's/^*\({3}*$\)/\1 /' <test.txt >results.txt and suppose that test.txt contains the following lines: http://www.example.com/200904/AUS.txt http://www.example.com/200903/_RUS.txt http://www.example.com/200902/.FRA.txt What I expected to see in results.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Find start of pattern and extract text to end of line, including the pattern

This is my first post, please be nice. I have tried to google and read different tutorials. The task at hand is: Input file input.txt (example) abc123defhij-E-1234jslo 456ujs-W-abXjklp From this file the task is to grep the -E- and -W- strings that are unique and write a new file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestTomas
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract X words from end of line, minus last keynumber X

The file contains one line of text followed by a number. I want to take the number X at the end, take it out and display the last X words. X is the key telling me how many words from the end that I want and X will always be less than the number of words, so no problem there. Example input and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fubaya
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - Find a String and append a text end of the Line

Hi, I have a File, which have multiple rows. Like below 123456 Test1 FNAME JRW#$% PB MO Approver XXXXXX. YYYY 123457 Test2 FNAME JRW#$% PB MO Super XXXXXX. YYYY 123458 Test3 FNAME JRW#$% PB MO Approver XXXXXX. YYYY I want to search a line which contains PB MO Approver and append... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: java2006
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string in a text file and add another string at the end of line

Dear All I am having a text file which is having more than 200 lines. EX: 001010122 12000 BIB 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 2000 AND 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 12000 KVB 12000 11200 1200003 In the above file i want to search for string KVB... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to add a new string at the end of line by searching a string on the same line?

Hi, I have a file which is an extract of jil codes of all autosys jobs in our server. Sample jil code: ************************** permission:gx,wx date_conditions:yes days_of_week:all start_times:"05:00" condition: notrunning(appDev#box#ProductLoad)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghavendra
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I extract digits at the end of a string in UNIX shell scripting?

How can I extract digits at the end of a string in UNIX shell scripting or perl? cat file.txt abc_d123_4567.txt A246_B789.txt B123cc099.txt a123_B234-012.txt a13.txt What can I do here? Many thanks. cat file.txt | sed "s/.txt$//" | ........ 4567 789 099 012 13 (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mingch
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to extract values and print at end of each line

In the below perl I am trying to extract and print the values AF1=, the GT value, and F or QUAL diveded by 33 (rounded to the nearest whole #). The GT value is at the end after the GT:PL so all the possibilities are read into a hash h, then depending on the value that is in the line the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies
fribidi_remove_bidi_marks(3)					Programmer's Manual				      fribidi_remove_bidi_marks(3)

NAME
fribidi_remove_bidi_marks - remove bidi marks out of an string SYNOPSIS
#include <fribidi.h> FriBidiStrIndex fribidi_remove_bidi_marks ( FriBidiChar *str, const FriBidiStrIndex len, FriBidiStrIndex *positions_to_this, FriBidiStrIndex *position_from_this_list, FriBidiLevel *embedding_levels ); PARAMETERS
FriBidiChar *str Input string to clean. const FriBidiStrIndex len Input string length. FriBidiStrIndex *positions_to_this List mapping positions to the order used in str. FriBidiStrIndex *position_from_this_list List mapping positions from the order used in str. FriBidiLevel *embedding_levels List of embedding levels. DESCRIPTION
This function removes the bidi and boundary-neutral marks out of an string and the accompanying lists. It implements rule X9 of the Uni- code Bidirectional Algorithm available at http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr9/#X9, with the exception that it removes U+200E LEFT-TO-RIGHT MARK and U+200F RIGHT-TO-LEFT MARK too. If any of the input lists are NULL, the list is skipped. If str is the visual string, then positions_to_this is positions_L_to_V and position_from_this_list is positions_V_to_L; if str is the logical string, the other way. Moreover, the position maps should be filled with valid entries. A position map pointing to a removed character is filled with -1. By the way, you should not use embedding_levels if str is visual string. For best results this function should be run on a whole paragraph, not lines; but feel free to do otherwise if you know what you are doing. Deprecated. Use fribidi_remove_special_chars instead. RETURNS
New length of the string, or -1 if an error occured (memory allocation failure most probably). SEE ALSO
fribidi_charset_to_unicode(3), fribidi_unicode_to_charset(3), fribidi_parse_charset(3), fribidi_shape_arabic(3), fribidi_get_par_direc- tion(3), fribidi_get_par_embedding_levels(3), fribidi_reorder_line(3), fribidi_get_bidi_type(3), fribidi_get_bidi_types(3), fribidi_get_bidi_type_name(3), fribidi_debug_status(3), fribidi_mirroring_status(3), fribidi_set_mirroring(3), fribidi_reorder_nsm_sta- tus(3), fribidi_set_reorder_nsm(3), fribidi_log2vis_get_embedding_levels(3), fribidi_get_type(3), fribidi_get_type_internal(3), fribidi_log2vis(3), fribidi_join_arabic(3), fribidi_get_joining_type(3), fribidi_get_joining_types(3), fribidi_get_joining_type_name(3), fribidi_get_mirror_char(3), fribidi_shape_mirroring(3), fribidi_shape(3) GNU FriBidi 0.19.3 25 August 2012 fribidi_remove_bidi_marks(3)