Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disk Array
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Disk Array Post 302822071 by Just Ice on Monday 17th of June 2013 12:11:33 AM
Old 06-17-2013
if this is still an issue ...

1) There are SCSI new disk array compatible with my servers HP-UX 10.20? most scsi disk arrays designed for enterprise environments should have compatibility lists that you can verify for compatibility with your OS as well as your hardware. you can also check with HP directly to see if they know which new 3rd party -- if that is your preference -- scsi disk arrays are backward-compatible with your servers.

2) Can I use a disk array that comunicate via network and mounted it as a shared disk? research SANs and NAS devices. verify with your dba and/or database application vendor documentation to see if database application is compatible with such setups.

3) Or what other solution can you recommen me? if an OS upgrade is not an option, i strongly suggest looking at SANs and NAS devices. if your database is that important, it is foolhardy to go about using it without an easily recoverable redundant setup.

4) In other topics, have you ever run HP-UX 10.20 in a virtual machine? Can you tell me wich one ? hp-ux 10.20 was optimized for PA-RISC servers and they came out back around 1999 when virtualization was not yet an enterprise class option (from what i remember anyways) so i do not think you will see it on VMware anytime soon.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disk Array & Clustering

Sorry if this is not the right folder... I come across these terms.. -Disk Array -Clustering What are they? When and how will we use them? Please teach me. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: champion
1 Replies

2. Solaris

pinout DB9 to RJ11 of T3 Array Disk?

Hello friends, i have a problem with the pinout of T3 Array Disk cuz i don't know to build this serial cable :( please anybody help me! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikoxve
1 Replies

3. Solaris

storEDGE A5000 disk Array

Do you know how do I make my solaris 8 detect the storEDGE A5000?. I have problem making it recognise, without that I cannot install VxVM. Any ideas? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: calsum
7 Replies

4. Solaris

A1000 Disk storage array

I am new to the unix world. I have SunBlade 100 and A1000 Disk storage array with 12 Hard drives. I used SCSI card and SCSI cables to connect. When I do the format command,I can see disk storage as one disk instead of 12 disks as below. Could anybody can explain why? What should I do in order... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dulasi
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

3510 Disk Array Problem

I have a 3510 disk array attached to a T2000 server. The dmesg command shows disk error as follows and is generated a couple of times during the day Aug 18 03:35:51 myserver SUNWscsdMonitor: <rctrl6042> Standard General Event, CHL:2 ID:22 Drive NOTICE: Drive Recovered Error - 5F8E1F... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Managing disk array on A1000

I would want to ask on what software do i need to configure disk array for StorEdge A1000. (Sun Enterprise 450 - currently installed with SUN Solaris 9.) Is it using RAID Manager 6.22? And is it compatible with SUN Solaris 9 or 10? Thanks in advance for reading or replying my post. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Disk Array

So I have 2 solaris sun servers one with a disk array with 14 drives which I need to move to the other server. How do I move the disk array configured as a Raid 5 to another server without losing data? So far I know I'll connect the drive, run devfsadm, use format to verify the server see's... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kjons76
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Raid0 array stresses only 1 disk out of 3

Hi there, I've setup a raid0 array of 3 identical disks using : mdadm --create --verbose /dev/md0 --level=stripe --raid-devices=3 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1 /dev/sdd1I'm using dstat to monitor the disk activity : dstat --epoch -D sdb,sdc,sdd --disk-util 30The results show that the stress is not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
8 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies

10. AIX

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrya
3 Replies
GCHEM3D(1)						       gnome-chemistry-utils							GCHEM3D(1)

NAME
gchem3d - a small chemical viewer application SYNOPSIS
gchem3d [OPTION(S)...] [FILE...] DESCRIPTION
gchem3d is a small chemical viewer application, which can show several chemical file formats. OPTIONS
The following options are accepted: -b COLOR, --bgcolor=COLOR Use the given color as background color. COLOR can be one of "black" (default), "white", "#rrggbb" (don't forget to escape the "#" character in the shell). -d MODEL, --display3d=MODEL Choose how molecules are displayed. MODEL can be one of "BallnStick" (default), "SpaceFill". -?, --help Show application help options. --help-all, --help-* Print all or just a group of help options. These options are not documented here. Instead see gtk-options(7) and gnome-options(7). -v, --version Print gchem3d version information. SEE ALSO
gnome-options(7), gtk-options(7) AUTHORS
Jean Brefort <jean.brefort@normalesup.org> Program author. Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert@wgdd.de> Manpage author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2007 Jean Brefort Copyright (C) 2004-2007 Daniel Leidert Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. gcu 0.12 $Date: 2009-03-19 10:53:47 +0100 (jeu. 19 mars 2009) $ GCHEM3D(1)