Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help me on a script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help me on a script Post 302821197 by joeyg on Friday 14th of June 2013 07:39:00 AM
Old 06-14-2013
Two thoughts

1. Know how long you want to try to run this for. You are waiting, so convert this to how many times it should try - maybe 120 - with a counter, and exit out of loop when the counter reaches that number.
2. while in the loop, read the time and determine if the time is after your cut-off time.
This User Gave Thanks to joeyg For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
prof(5) 						Standards, Environments, and Macros						   prof(5)

NAME
prof - profile within a function SYNOPSIS
#define MARK #include <prof.h> void MARK(name); DESCRIPTION
MARK introduces a mark called name that is treated the same as a function entry point. Execution of the mark adds to a counter for that mark, and program-counter time spent is accounted to the immediately preceding mark or to the function if there are no preceding marks within the active function. name may be any combination of letters, numbers, or underscores. Each name in a single compilation must be unique, but may be the same as any ordinary program symbol. For marks to be effective, the symbol MARK must be defined before the header prof.h is included, either by a preprocessor directive as in the synopsis, or by a command line argument: cc -p -DMARK work.c If MARK is not defined, the MARK(name) statements may be left in the source files containing them and are ignored. prof -g must be used to get information on all labels. EXAMPLES
In this example, marks can be used to determine how much time is spent in each loop. Unless this example is compiled with MARK defined on the command line, the marks are ignored. #include <prof.h> work( ) { int i, j; . . . MARK(loop1); for (i = 0; i < 2000; i++) { . . . } MARK(loop2); for (j = 0; j < 2000; j++) { . . . } } SEE ALSO
profil(2), monitor(3C) SunOS 5.10 3 Jul 1990 prof(5)