Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help me on a script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help me on a script Post 302821179 by aliva Dash on Friday 14th of June 2013 07:23:03 AM
Old 06-14-2013
Help me on a script

I have requirement as below:

I need to check the file has reached the server. If the file has reached it shall send a mail that file reached. For this i have used this script:
Code:
ssh username@server 'while [ ! -f path/file.txt ]
do
  sleep 60
done
echo " File has arrived.Please run the load  " | mailx -s "  File arrived " "<emailid> " '.

But i have an additional requirement. If the file has not reached the server for the day then it should come out of the loop and send me a mail that file has not reached server.I am not getting any idea how to end the loop.
Consider the cut off time as 11:30 pm.

Last edited by Scott; 06-14-2013 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags and use a descriptive subject for your threads

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
tftpd(8c)																 tftpd(8c)

Name
       tftpd - DARPA Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) server

Syntax
       /usr/etc/tftpd [ -r pathname ]

Description
       The  server, supports the DARPA Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP).  The TFTP server is invoked when receives a packet on the port indi-
       cated in the TFTP service description.  The server is not normally started by default from

The use of does not require an account or password on the remote system.  Because of the lack of  authentication  information,  will  allow
       only  publicly  readable  files	to  be accessed.  This extends the concept of public to include all users on all hosts that can be reached
       through the network.  This may not be appropriate on all systems however, and its implications should be considered  before  enabling  TFTP
       service.

The server should have the user ID with the lowest possible privilege.

Options
       -r pathname    The pathname can be the choice of the user.  For example, would allow only files below to be copied using

Restrictions
       This  server  is  known	only  to  be self consistent, that is, it operates with the user TFTP program, Because of the unreliability of the
       transport protocol (UDP) and the scarcity of TFTP implementations, it is uncertain whether it really works.

The search permissions of the directories leading to the files accessed are not checked.

See Also
       tftp(1c), services(5), inetd(8c)

tftpd(8c)