Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple lines merged into one required Post 302820927 by RudiC on Thursday 13th of June 2013 04:35:05 PM
Old 06-13-2013
You'll have to start a new thread. Try sth yourself, with awk and the RS set to "".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required regarding Extracting lines from a file

I have a file containing the following contents All of us, including Zippy, our dog All of us, including Zippy and Zippy All of us, including Zippy and Zippy and Zelda Testing All of us Zippy Now, i wanna grep and get the lines which has only one occurance of word Zippy and starting with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: google_ever
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep required pattern and next 2 or 3 lines

dear ones pl.kindly help me 1) how to print(grep) required pattern and following 2 or 3 lines. 2) grep required pattern(to print)+above 2 lines+below 2 or 3 lines.from a report file. ex: we have some report file kf askfjsk fksaj fk skf sjfksjd kff sjfkjs kf jskdjfklsd jfklsdf sdkfjsd fsd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvvsnm
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To extract the required lines from a file

I have a files in a directory in this format data data data ---BEGIN CERT----- data data data ---END CERT ----- Now, I want to extract the lines starting from --BEGIN CERT-- and write the contents till the end of file into a new file.How can I do this for all the files in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract the required lines?

Hi Techies, I got struck in middle of a problem. I have the following data whose format is: a 1 a 2 a 3 a 4 b 1 b 2 b 3 b 4 c 1 c 2 c 3 c 4 I wanted the output from this to be: a 3 a 4 (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: 14341
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How get only required lines & delete the rest of the lines in file

Hiiii I have a file which contains huge data as a.dat: PDE 1990 1 9 18 51 28.90 24.7500 95.2800 118.0 6.1 0.0 BURMA event name: 010990D time shift: 7.3000 half duration: 5.0000 latitude: 24.4200 longitude: 94.9500 depth: 129.6000 Mrr: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reva
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines in a single column to be merged as a single line for a record

Hi, I have a requirement with, No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh" Single column alone got splitted into multiple lines. I require the output as No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa<>bbb<>ccc<>ddd<>eee<>fff<>ggg<>hhh" mean to say those new lines to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
1 Replies

7. AIX

Grepping before and after lines for required string

Hi All, I am new to AIX unix . i need to grep for a pattern and if pattern is found then i need 3 before the pattern line found and 3 lines after the pattern found. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolvibh
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required deleting specific lines from file

Hi, I have a file with 20 columns of data and hundreds of lines of the same format. Here is an example line. The data repeats underneath with the same format. 15 1 4 GLY - 1 65 LYSH 23 N - 24 H - 634 O 0.188 157.552 487 48.70I have been sorting this data by hand but I was wondering if I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: livbaddeley
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed one liner to Delete blank lines - Help required

Hi, cat test.txt BlankLine BlankLine BlankLine BlankLine ello hi helo BlankLine BlankLine heylo BlankLine BlankLine BlankLine done BlankLine BlankLine BlankLine (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TomG
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing multiple lines from input file, if multiple lines match a pattern.

GM, I have an issue at work, which requires a simple solution. But, after multiple attempts, I have not been able to hit on the code needed. I am assuming that sed, awk or even perl could do what I need. I have an application that adds extra blank page feeds, for multiple reports, when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxfish2
7 Replies
Statistics::Basic::Mean(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Statistics::Basic::Mean(3pm)

NAME
Statistics::Basic::Mean - find the mean of a list SYNOPSIS
Invoke it this way: my $avg = mean(1,2,3); Or this way: my $v1 = vector(1,2,3); my $avg = avg($v1); And then either query the values or print them like so: print "The mean of $v1: $avg "; my $mq = $avg->query; my $m0 = 0+$avg; Create a 20 point moving average like so: use Statistics::Basic qw(:all nofill); my $sth = $dbh->prepare("select col1 from data where something"); my $len = 20; my $avg = mean()->set_size($len); $sth->execute or die $dbh->errstr; $sth->bind_columns( my $val ) or die $dbh->errstr; while( $sth->fetch ) { $avg->insert( $val ); if( defined( my $m = $avg->query ) ) { print "Mean: $m "; } # This would also work: # print "Mean: $avg " if $avg->query_filled; } METHODS
new() The constructor takes a single array ref or a single Statistics::Basic::Vector as arguments. It returns a Statistics::Basic::Mean object. Note: normally you'd use the mean() constructor, rather than building these by hand using "new()". _OVB::import() This module also inherits all the overloads and methods from Statistics::Basic::_OneVectorBase. OVERLOADS
This object is overloaded. It tries to return an appropriate string for the calculation or the value of the computation in numeric context. In boolean context, this object is always true (even when empty). AUTHOR
Paul Miller "<jettero@cpan.org>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2012 Paul Miller -- Licensed under the LGPL SEE ALSO
perl(1), Statistics::Basic, Statistics::Basic::_OneVectorBase, Statistics::Basic::Vector perl v5.14.2 2012-01-23 Statistics::Basic::Mean(3pm)