Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Need help in making bootable USB flash with customized 12.04 Post 302820401 by wisecracker on Wednesday 12th of June 2013 03:24:25 PM
Old 06-12-2013
Three reasons:-

1) It WAS for my netbook, therefore no optical drive.
2) It ensures from start to finish that the correct _drive_ is being installed to.
3) The small WIndows partition makes for easy transfer of files from a Windwoes
box to a Linux box...

It will NOT work from USB live from one USB slot to a second USB stick
in a second USB slot. Don't even attempt it...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

bootable USB Stick || Fedora 8

Hello Everybody I am planning to install Fedora core 8 on an extra PC I have; what I wanna do is to boot from a USB stick then install Fedora from an ISO image I already have via FTP. Could any one tell me how to create bootable USB Stick for Fedora as I already found how to install from FTP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_nasr2001
0 Replies

2. Solaris

bootable X86 dvd and flash archives

I have created a bootable DVD for X86 using a flash archive, the problem is that I have to specify the location at the beginning of the install. I have edited the any_machine profile under ./jumpstart_sample to contain the following install_type flash_install archive_location ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

Looking for help with creating bootable USB key

I am currently trying to create a bootable USB key that I can use to boot a couple different X86 single slot processors. Creating a basic key is as easy as can be but I am looking to customize this boot image to meet two important criteria: 1. The system must boot in text only mode as my only... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingfish1760
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

making pen drive bootable

Anyone can plz tell me how to make pendrive bootable.unetbootin dont have option for red hat (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamapraveen
0 Replies

5. Fedora

make bootable usb from iso

I need to boot the ultimate boot cd from an usb stick. Do I just copy the iso image to the usb key? How do I make the usb stick bootable? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

USB bootable RHEL6!

Hi I have ISO file of RHEL6. I want to install it on my WIndows 7 machine with dual boot. But my CD/DVD drive is not working. Please tell me how do you I make it USB bootable from my own Windows machine so that I can install it happily through flash drive. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
3 Replies

7. Boot Loaders

Is Unetbootin capable of making any iso file bootable

1)It is a great experience to achieve what I got today. I had downloaded GParted iso file (135 MB size). Now to make a bootable usb of it, I used unetbootin and to surprise I succeded in entering Gparted application and modified my partitions. Earlier I was in a notion that it is used only for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
0 Replies

8. SuSE

How To make bootable USB with multiple ISO Files?

Hi All, I would need your assistance to make a bootable USB with SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server I have already downloaded relevant OS (Trail Version) packages @ 1) SLES-11-SP4-DVD-i586-GM-DVD1 2) SLES-11-SP4-DVD-i586-GM-DVD2 when I tried to open these packages with PowerISO one of the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leaner_963
7 Replies

9. BSD

Bootable usb-stick, need help, sos

I would probably set all my rubber points here to get some real help for creating a boot device on a usb-stick. There is no CD-drive on this machine, thats why I need to use a usb-stick. And scrumming in a CD-drive to fuddle around in the fstab or something like that is out of reach. My wisdom so... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Restore .dmg containing multiple partitions to bootable USB flash drive

I have a .dmg file which was created from a disk consisting of two partitions. When I mount the dmg both partitions pop up, so I know the imaging worked properly. One partition is HFS+ and the other is FAT32. So far, I've been unable to find a way to restore the dmg to a flash drive where both... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulcristo
17 Replies
EHCI(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   EHCI(4)

NAME
ehci -- USB Enhanced Host Controller driver SYNOPSIS
device ehci DESCRIPTION
The ehci driver provides support for the USB Enhanced Host Controller Interface, which is used by USB 2.0 controllers. EHCI controllers are peculiar in that they can only handle the USB 2.0 protocol. This means that they normally have one or more companion controllers (i.e., ohci(4) or uhci(4)) handling USB 1.x devices. Consequently each USB connector is electrically connected to two USB con- trollers. The handling of this is totally automatic, but can be noticed since USB 1.x and USB 2.0 devices plugged in to the same connector appear to connect to different USB busses. SEE ALSO
ohci(4), uhci(4), usb(4), xhci(4) HISTORY
The ehci device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 5.1. LOADER TUNABLES
When the kernel has been compiled with options USB_DEBUG, some tunables become available that affect the behavior of ehci. These tunables can be set at the loader(8) prompt before booting the kernel or stored in loader.conf(5). hw.usb.ehci.lostintrbug This tunable enables the lost interrupt quirk. The default value is 0 (off). hw.usb.ehci.iaadbug This tunable enables the EHCI doorbell quirk. The default value is 0 (off). hw.usb.ehci.no_hs This tunable disables USB devices to attach like HIGH-speed ones and will force all attached devices to attach to the FULL- or LOW- speed companion controller. The default value is 0 (off). BSD
March 4, 2012 BSD