Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Open firmware state to running state Post 302819365 by bakunin on Monday 10th of June 2013 04:33:02 PM
Old 06-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by snchaudhari2
I am having a whole system lpar in open firmware state on HMC.
How can I bring it to running state ?
Change the LPAR profile accordingly and boot it again. You selected probably to boot into SMS.

I hope this helps.

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Solaris 9 new pumbed interface will not enter a RUNNING state

I'm trying to plumb a new interface bge1 on my machine: root@obms2-com-indianapolis-in:/root# ifconfig -a lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 bge0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: R37ribution
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

report of autosys job in RUNNING state

I am looking to get a report on autosys jobs in RUNNING state b/w certain time frame (timeA and timeB). What I am after is the list of all the jobs that ran between AND during timeA and timeB. Jobs within the timeframe could either: A: STARTING --> RUNNING --> SUCCESS/FAILURE etc.. B: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rgilan01
0 Replies

3. Programming

I am looking to get a report on autosys jobs in RUNNING state b/w certain time frame (timeA and timeB). What I am after is the list of all the jobs that ran between AND during timeA and timeB. Jobs within the timeframe could either: A: STARTING --> RUNNING --> SUCCESS/FAILURE etc.. B: ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

4. Solaris

I am looking to get a report on autosys jobs in RUNNING state b/w certain time frame (timeA and timeB). What I am after is the list of all the jobs that ran between AND during timeA and timeB. Jobs within the timeframe could either: A: STARTING --> RUNNING --> SUCCESS/FAILURE etc.. B: ... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I am looking to get a report on autosys jobs in RUNNING state b/w certain time frame (timeA and timeB). What I am after is the list of all the jobs that ran between AND during timeA and timeB. Jobs within the timeframe could either: A: STARTING --> RUNNING --> SUCCESS/FAILURE etc.. B: ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Interface e1000g0 not showing in running state

Hello all, I have a sun server SunOS PNR1RAD01 5.10 Generic_144488-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,Netra-T5220 where i have an interface e100g0. This was earlier in running state but now this doesnt show running state. I tried to reset the interface, checked the cable but it did not help. Can nyone pls... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajjat2
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell script in stopped state while running in background

Hi, I want to run a shell script in background . but its going to stopped state $ ksh cat_Duplicate_Records_Removal.ksh & 8975 $ + Stopped (tty output) ksh cat_Duplicate_Records_Removal.ksh & why is this happening? Also could anyone please tell me what is a stopped... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
12 Replies

8. BSD

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveeng
1 Replies
boot(1M)																  boot(1M)

NAME
boot - bootstrap process DESCRIPTION
Itanium-based System Hardware An system's bootstrap process involves the execution of four software components: o CMOS o option ROM o EFI o Boot Manager o (see hpux.efi(1M)). After the processor is reset, firmware initializes and tests processors and platform. During initialization, the firmware lets a user interrupt and configure CMOS and option ROMs. It then transfers control to EFI, the Extensible Firmware Interface. EFI, in turn, initial- izes EFI boot and runtime services and launches the Boot Manager. The Boot Manager, which allows loading of EFI application or drivers from EFI defined file system, loads and transfers control to the HP-UX-specific bootstrap loader. then loads the HP-UX kernel object file from the HP-UX file system to memory and transfers control to the loaded kernel image. PA-RISC Hardware The PA-RSIC bootstrap process involves the execution of three software components: o (see pdc(1M), o (see isl(1M), and o (see hpux(1M). After the processor is RESET, the (firmware), performs a self-test and initializes the processor. It then loads and transfers control to the operating-system-independent in turn, loads and transfers control to the utility, the HP-UX-specific bootstrap loader. then downloads the HP-UX kernel object file from an HP-UX file system and transfers control to the loaded kernel image. SEE ALSO
hpux(1M), hpux.efi(1M), isl(1M), pdc(1M), efi(4). boot(1M)