Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Test file script - if evaluation failing Post 302819297 by viallos on Monday 10th of June 2013 02:57:03 PM
Old 06-10-2013
There is only one file that will resolve from
Code:
output_file="${outputdir}/if_flex_Output.All_*"

Corona688 you are right that if I change code to

Code:
if [ -e $output_file ]; then

it is working as expected.

Question is why it is not working with double brackets while working for other files?

When I remove the timestamp from file and look for

Code:
output_file="${outputdir}/if_flex_Output.All_"

if statement with double brackets also works.

I know how to resolve this issue with above workarounds but looking to understand code behaviour with double brackets.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test File Reading & Validation using Shell script

Please help develop script for below requirement -------Sample file------------------------------- HSVSHOSTRECON 20090115011817BP DARMAR60064966247003504720000000000000000000066626000000000000133000003D003463001332 ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: niraj_bhatt
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display which test in the if/else is failing

So I have a script that monitors my drives (/dev/sda and /dev/sdb) using smartctl (smartmontools). I'm by no means an expert in scripting, so this was my attempt at creating a way to email me if one of the values in smartctl output goes above a set threshold. My question is, I'm trying to edit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bound4h
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script help needed- script failing if router unavailable

Hey all. Sometimes I'm tasked to change some router configs for the entire network (over 3,000 Cisco routers). Most of the time its a global config parameter so its done with a loop and an IP list as its the same configuration change for all routers. This is working OK. However, sometimes an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkz1974
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File operations are failing inside the script

Hi, does any one know the environmental parameter that I have to set so as to make sure the file operations run properly within the script. right now when I am doing a cat from within the script nothing happens, same is the case when I do a grep. when I am doing awk '{print $0 }' its printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output redirection of c binary file to a file in shell script is failing

I am struck up with a problem and that is with output redirection. I used all the ways for the redirection of the output of c binary to a file, still it is failing. Here are the different ways which I have used: ./a.out | tee -a /root/tmp.txt 2>&1 ./a.out | tee -a /root/tmp.txt 1>&1 ./a.out |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maya29988
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

modify the test file by any script

Hi All the Helpers! I have a text file which looks like input.txt.I would request to please suggest me how can I make this file look like output.txt input.txt VOP 111 0 1 2 DEM 111 0 222 333 444 555 DEM 879 888 987 888 989 DEM 879 888 987 888 989 VOP 118 0 12 3 6... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script test failing

Testing some old script developed by different user. #!/usr/bin/sh case "$0" in */*) cmd="$0";; *) cmd=`which "$0"`;; esac dir=`dirname "$cmd"` node="$dir/." echo $node below two simple tests are failing, I am not seeing any Control+M characters in the script file and I am not able... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srimitta
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PERL DBD make test on Linux failing

I am installing Oracle DBD to PERL 5.16.3 and during make test , I am running into this error :rm -f blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so LD_RUN_PATH="/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0/racdb11204/lib" gcc -m32 -shared -O2 -L/usr/local/lib -fstack-protector Oracle.o dbdimp.o oci8.o -o... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Error with file test script

Dear friends i am getting error when i run below script #!/bin/bash echo "Enter the name of the file" read file_name if then If then echo "add some text to quit ctrld" cat >> $file_name else echo "the file does not have write permission" fi else echo "$file_name does not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ibrahims1
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluation of test command

Could somebody please explain to me why and how the highlighted line(s) (?) of code puts the "test" evaluation into "result" and then to $enable_static ? Or does not ? I did comment out the original code and changed it to what I feel is less cryptic , but the "result" is still wrong =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anne
3 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)                                                                                                                NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)